PDA

View Full Version : Former Sabre Turgeon retires after 19 seasons

hammerbillsfan
09-05-2007, 01:43 PM
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=217632&hubname

Pierre Turgeon (http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/player_bio.asp?player_id=170) has decided to call it a career after 19 years in the NHL.

The 38-year-old was limited to only 17 games last season with the Colorado Avalanche because of groin and calf injuries.

"It's with confidence that I'm going to begin this new chapter in my life," Turgeon said at a news conference Wednesday to announce his retirement. "Hockey is a team sport, and I admit my teammates will be greatly missed."

BlackMetalNinja
09-05-2007, 01:55 PM
I saw that yesterday, I didn't even realize he was still playing. When I first started really getting into the Sabres he was one of the guys I remember the most. Him and Mike Foligno.

hammerbillsfan
09-05-2007, 02:00 PM
Remember when Turgeon got cheapshoted by Hunter? dirty ****er

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Xte-Vtxg-m8

Dude
09-05-2007, 02:01 PM
:bf1: Sneaky Pete

BlackMetalNinja
09-05-2007, 02:03 PM
Dale Hunter was one of the biggest pieces of **** to ever lace up a pair of skates.

chubluv
09-05-2007, 03:38 PM
:goodpost:

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
09-05-2007, 03:47 PM
yeah, without Turgeon we would have never gotten Pat LALALALALALafontaine! from the Islanders. Greatest Sabres trade ever getting Pat Lafontaine, Randy Wood, and Randy Hillier and the Islanders 4th round draft choice in the 1992 Entry Draft who turned out to be Dean Melanson. for Turgeon, Uwe Krupp, and Dave McLlwain.

Philagape
09-05-2007, 06:03 PM
yeah, without Turgeon we would have never gotten Pat LALALALALALafontaine! from the Islanders. Greatest Sabres trade ever getting Pat Lafontaine, Randy Wood, and Randy Hillier and the Islanders 4th round draft choice in the 1992 Entry Draft who turned out to be Dean Melanson. for Turgeon, Uwe Krupp, and Dave McLlwain.

I think Stephane Beauregard for Dominik Hasek was just a little better

BlackMetalNinja
09-05-2007, 06:36 PM

most definitely

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
09-05-2007, 10:45 PM

Oh :please: give me a break Hasek is a fake, a fraud, a phoney

He let us down remember this:

after being scored upon in game three of the first-round against the Ottawa Senators, Hasek left the game, forcing backup Steve Shields to step in. Hasek claimed he felt his knee pop, and the team doctor pronounced him day-to-day.Buffalo News columnist Jim Kelley wrote a column that night for the next day's newspaper that detailed the day's events, which irked Hasek. After the Senators won game five, Hasek came out of the Sabres' training room and physically attacked Kelley, tearing his shirt.

But before the next series against the Philadelphia Flyers, the NHL announced that Hasek had been suspended for three games — with the Sabres informing the league that Hasek was healthy (Hasek most likely would not have been suspended had he not been cleared to play). Set to return in game four with the team down by three games in the series, Hasek told the Sabres' coaching staff he felt a twinge in his knee and left the ice after the pregame skate. Shields turned in another season-saving performance as Buffalo staved off the almost inevitable sweeping elimination with a win. Again before the fifth game, Hasek declared himself unfit to play and Buffalo lost 6-3, losing the series in five games.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buffalo_sabres

and all the stuff that he said when he was traded away "I will always be a Detroit Red Wing" I remember that from Hasekoke and he also said that this team will never win a Stanley Cup"

Philagape
09-05-2007, 11:30 PM
Welcome to ignore. Your posts' creepiness is matched only by their stupidity

Ebenezer
09-05-2007, 11:34 PM
Turgeon, had he played his entire career here and at a different time period, would have gone down as one of the Sabre greats...with the departure of Perreault and the lack of talent around him, Turgeon was bound to fail here. He was never a superstar but his numbers show he was a player worthy of the number 1 overall...except that Shanahan also came out that year.

BlackMetalNinja
09-06-2007, 07:16 AM

and all the stuff that he said when he was traded away "I will always be a Detroit Red Wing" I remember that from Hasekoke and he also said that this team will never win a Stanley Cup"
Any credibility you had left with me is gone now... you just keep getting more and more ridiculous.

We wouldn't have sniffed the Stanley Cup Finals in the late 90s without Hasek. The reason the Sabres had as much success as they did throughout the late 90s can basically be directly correlated to Hasek's superior play. Regardless of what happened after that time.

Of course, had we had a HOMETOWN GUY like Kaleta back then, things would have been completely different...

Dude
09-06-2007, 07:32 AM
Oh :please: give me a break Hasek is a fake, a fraud, a phoney....and all the stuff that he said when he was traded away "I will always be a Detroit Red Wing" I remember that from Hasekoke and he also said that this team will never win a Stanley Cup"What's your point? Does that invalidate everything he did while wearing a Sabres sweater?

RockStar36
09-06-2007, 09:50 AM
Dale Hunter was one of the biggest pieces of **** to ever lace up a pair of skates.

Good thing his son is on our team, eh?

THATHURMANATOR
09-06-2007, 12:35 PM

Doesn't matter Hasek was still one of the greatest Goalies of all time. Pat isn't even a top 10 center of all time.

Philagape
09-06-2007, 01:33 PM
And we got Hasek for peanuts. The Patty trade was great for us, but we did give up a good player.