• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Confused
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Jun 2007

does anyone other than me.....

Prolly bout to blow the groan-o-meter clear off the charts but.........
    Does anyone other than me think fantasy football is a stupid, irrelevant waste of time that does nothing for the NFL but encourage players to pad there stats, not for the good or the team, but as a form of personal publicity?

Did Dungeons and Dragons finally fall so far out of favor among nerds, geeks, virgins that this pusswad of a pastime is now cool? Get a ***** personallity people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

Re: does anyone other than me.....

Originally posted by hoofhearted

Did Dungeons and Dragons finally fall so far out of favor among nerds, geeks, virgins
    I guess I'll never looked at my picture the same way:

I love my job

[

:

Comment

• Confused
      All-Pro Zoner
      • Jun 2007

sorry dude.......

Comment

• im4bflo
        the EPITOMY of PATHETIC
        • Sep 2003

I don't like fantasy football, because I've seen (so called)Bills fans, actually wanting a player from the other team, to score on us, because he's on their fantasy team, I just wanted to smack him upside the head, "what the hell are you doing?" Fantasy is for non diehards. Or people with no team.

Comment

• ddaryl
          Everything I post is sexual inuendo
          • Jan 2005

I seriously doubt any player is padding their stats to appease fantasy football leagues.

It promotes interest, and keeps people watching the games. That's what the NFL wants people riveted to the games watching the players which = more $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ for the NFL.

plus there is no way to stop it. its legal and popular.

but I don't play... I find it tedius and unfullfilling

Comment

• ddaryl
            Everything I post is sexual inuendo
            • Jan 2005

I seriously doubt any player is padding their stats to appease fantasy football leagues.

It promotes interest, and keeps people watching the games. That's what the NFL wants people riveted to the games watching the players which = more $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ for the NFL.

plus there is no way to stop it. its legal and popular.

but I don't play... I find it tedius and unfullfilling

Comment

• TacklingDummy
              Unreachable Douche
              • Jul 2002

I could careless about what the Cowboys do as a team. But it brings alittle interest to me if I have TO on my fantasy team.

Comment

• Confused
                All-Pro Zoner
                • Jun 2007

great!!!!! I'm not alone here. I too have heard peeps saying" ohhhh vince young(of all people for the love of god) he's on my fantasy, I love the bills but I hope he has a great game" makes me wanna ***** barf. The Loyalty is gone. Teamwork is gone. And Yes, Its all about the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$+

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
                  • Apr 2005

first of all, id never cheer against my bills for a player on my fantasy team. I have Henry on my team and i hope he doesnt score all day. A real fan puts their team first. Honesty i think fantasy is a great thing. I follow football so much more closely than i ever have before. I have interest in games i would not normally have interest in. I can tell you back up WRs for the Arizona cardinals and the 3rd string RB for the Seahawks who i would have normally not have even cared about. I gained more respect for the kind of numbers players put up bc i see just how hard it is to do. all in all, ive become a way more intelligent football fan.

Comment

• im4bflo
                    the EPITOMY of PATHETIC
                    • Sep 2003

Originally posted by FlyingDutchman
                    first of all, id never cheer against my bills for a player on my fantasy team. I have Henry on my team and i hope he doesnt score all day. A real fan puts their team first. Honesty i think fantasy is a great thing. I follow football so much more closely than i ever have before. I have interest in games i would not normally have interest in. I can tell you back up WRs for the Arizona cardinals and the 3rd string RB for the Seahawks who i would have normally not have even cared about. I gained more respect for the kind of numbers players put up bc i see just how hard it is to do. all in all, ive become a way more intelligent football fan.
                    I'm the opposite, I could give a rip, what the Cardinals or Seahawks 3rd freekin stringers are doing, just boning up on the Bills stats, is enough for a buzzed fan to handle fantasy football

Comment

• Confused
                      All-Pro Zoner
                      • Jun 2007

unfulfilling. how well put. all this hype, big let down. Ala Last Action Hero.(for the 20-somethings like me out there)

Comment

• lordofgun
                        in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
                        • Jul 2002

I love fantasy mainly because it makes ordinarily meaningless games fun to watch.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
                          • Apr 2005

Originally posted by im4bflo
                          I'm the opposite, I could give a rip, what the Cardinals or Seahawks 3rd freekin stringers are doing, just boning up on the Bills stats, is enough for a buzzed fan to handle fantasy football
                          i agree bro, i could give a rip as well. my point is that i know personnel around the league on every team which i normally wouldnt know anything about. so whenever talk of FAs available or whatever, i have an idea of who these people are and what, if anything, they have accomplished. guess its just fun to be more knowledgable for me.

Comment

• im4bflo
                            the EPITOMY of PATHETIC
                            • Sep 2003

i agree bro, i could give a rip as well. my point is that i know personnel around the league on every team which i normally wouldnt know anything about. so whenever talk of FAs available or whatever, i have an idea of who these people are and what, if anything, they have accomplished. guess its just fun to be more knowledgable for me.
                            that's cool.

Comment

• ajsdx
                              • Aug 2003

Here's the real question. Are you starting him against the Bills at all?

Comment

Working...
                              X