X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Romes
    • Jul 2002

Adams plans on losing some weight...

NFL | Adams to Lose Weight? - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
    15:53 PT: Jay Glazer, of SportsLine.com, reports free agent DT Sam Adams (Raiders) said he plans on losing quite a bit of weight for next season.

Here is the link to the sportline article.

This can only be a good thing if we get him. Looks like Adams is really working to increase his value. He might be trying to prove his reputation wrong. I sure hope he is.
    Originally posted by paladin warrior
    RALPH is drove me nut.
  • Buffarama
    Football-Sport of the Gods
    • Jul 2002

I keep telling everyone we're gonna get this guy!!!

Comment

• venis2k1
      Youboty can hope
      • Jul 2002

I sure hope so...

Comment

• The Spaz
        • Mar 2003

He should have lost weight 50 lbs ago. Anyway if he comes in here he better be motivated by something more than money. Go Bills!

Comment

• Buffarama
          • Jul 2002

Oh the idealism :)

Comment

• TigerJ
            • Jul 2002

I understand that what Adams objected to most in the last contract offer was an incentive that would have paid Sam for attending all of training camp and most practices. I hope he has an attitude adjustment.
            I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• venis2k1
              Youboty can hope
              • Jul 2002

Think they had a weight loss incentive???

Comment

• PA Season Ticket Holder
                You mess up my night, and I'll mess up your day
                • Jul 2002

Once this guy gets the cash he wants, he'll lose his fire. He is a ME player, and only wants to do things on his terms.

If we sign him to a reasonable contract I'll be happy just because he's a better player then we have now, but there's no way to justify giving his guy tons of guranteed cash. He's somebody who needs to be motivated to achieve success. He'll lose his motivation when he gets his cash.

BUFFALO BILLS AND MLB POOLS

http://www.billszone.com/YourSite/global/nfl/pool.php?action=home

Comment

• Buffarama
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TigerJ
                  I understand that what Adams objected to most in the last contract offer was an incentive that would have paid Sam for attending all of training camp and most practices. I hope he has an attitude adjustment.
                  That's an unsubstantiated rumor from another board that sounded ludicrous the first time I heard it from his "inside" source. I wouldn't put much "weight" on it.

Comment

• Wys Guy
                    Drew and Sam stole all my hair
                    • Jul 2002

Does he plan on losing "some of his contract demands" too?

I agree w/ PA.

Besides, if he's so certain that he's gonna lose weight, then let's help him w/ an incentive for that too.

18 tackles and 1 sack isn't worth a whole lot. Bannan did that last year playing part-time as a rookie.
                    Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Buffarama
                      • Jul 2002

That's why the incentives are a good thing. I wouldn't sign him without incentives. I'm telling ya the sticking point is the signing bonus. 2 million is a slap in the face.
                      But like I said before, they have met him, we haven't. So I will trust what they decide after sizing him up.

Comment

• BillsFanInMass
                        The Stoner Zoner
                        • Feb 2003

I think if we get him he will return to his All Pro form because we have rusty jones and alot of determined players. I really hope we land him.

Comment

• The Spaz
                          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Buffarama
                          That's why the incentives are a good thing. I wouldn't sign him without incentives. I'm telling ya the sticking point is the signing bonus. 2 million is a slap in the face.
                          But like I said before, they have met him, we haven't. So I will trust what they decide after sizing him up.
                          That would be a slap in his fat face. Anyway he better not turn into Gilbert Brown. If he is close to that I don't want him here. Go Bills!

Comment

• Halbert
                            I'm Not Normal
                            • Jul 2002

Didn't you just contradict yourself in the last two posts, Buffarama? Or did I miss something?

Comment

• Wys Guy
                              Drew and Sam stole all my hair
                              • Jul 2002

If we give him more than $2M in SB it'll be flat out dumb! I'd give him $3M if he plays for vet min on a 2 year contract.

He's simply no longer worth much more than $2M/yr. I don't care what he's done in the past. That ain't gonna help us one iota. Especially now that it appears that he's slipped into some sort of nagging injury phase in his career as well as a significant downturn in play.

Too many people are relying on Adams' name and past accolades here and not what he's currently capable of doing.

We can do much better for $3M/yr. Heck, we could have had Thornton for just a tad over that.

I'm sure that whatever TD is offering is more than fair. Adams will figure that out. I haven't heard of a slew of other teams trying to beat down his door and edge ahead of us in the queue!
                              Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X