PDA

View Full Version : Vikings sign Pat Williams to a 3-Yr extension

Ickybaluky
09-06-2007, 05:14 AM
Per Jay Glazer of Fox Sports (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7195116):

The Minnesota Vikings have locked up one of the league's most underrated players and prevented him from charging his way out of town.

Vikings Pro Bowl DT Pat Williams told FOXSports.com exclusively that he has agreed to a new three-year extension worth about $22 million that includes $9.5 million in new guarantees.

Williams said the deal won't be signed until Friday as certain formalities still have to be ironed out. However, he's confident it's done and added, "It wasn't so much about the money, I wanted to get a deal done because now I may be able to finish my career playing next to Kevin Williams (another stud Vikings defensive player). That's what was so important for me to get it done."

The 330-pound Williams is considered one of the game's greatest interior run defenders, often immovable in the middle. Entering his 11th NFL season, his reputation as an inside force and as a disruption up the gut has grown strong in recent years. The Williams tandem could be the most stable spot on the Vikings roster. Now it's stable for years to come.

The team is expected to officially announce the move on Friday.

Michael82
09-06-2007, 11:27 AM
There's a guy that we NEVER EVER should have let go! :mad:

:(

Night Train
09-07-2007, 06:22 PM
He left during the previous admin and I wish him the best . Great guy.

SABURZFAN
09-07-2007, 06:32 PM
we have missed this guy in the worst way.