X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wally The Barber
    • Jul 2007

Marv Levy's quote has Howard Simon streaming

There is a quote made by Marv Levy that was a topic on WGR with Howard Simon.
    Howard feels the quote makes the Bills look cheap and the Bills have no goal for the 2007-08 season.
    Howard believes the Bills should not be starting off the season with such low expectations and he say's he Hates the quote!
    He said it over and over " I hate that quote"
    " Are we on a nickel and dime budget?"

" What circumstances are we talking about?" Not filling needs on defense when it was obvious the team needed some help" Howard said.

Howard Simon says some fans will translate the quote as the Bills are leaving town!
    The Bills are 19 million under the cap and Bills fans will not except the Bills circumstances as an excuse.

This is Marv's quote....

"We've put together, given our resources, the best group we can under the circumstances, right now"
    "So,we're looking for them to advance quickly"

Marv says this while the team is 19 mil under the cap.

Last edited by Wally The Barber; 09-06-2007, 11:58 AM. Reason: correction
    Beware of Sarcasm
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

Re: Marv Levy's quote has Howard Simon streaming

Originally posted by Wally
    There is a quote made by Marv Levy that was a topic on WGR with Howard Simon.
    Howard feels the quote makes the Bills look cheap and the Bills have no goal for the 2007-08 season.

It was the topic of conversation on WGR at 6AM this morning.

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/gamece...070909_DEN@BUF
    His quote IS a bit political.

I can see the controversy.

This plays into discussions we had before. If you arent willing to pay like an NFL team, sell the team to someone who will.

I have no doubt that the Bills can be very successfull in Buffalo if they have a product that wins games.

Comment

• Night Train
      Retired - On Several Levels
      • Jul 2005

I like McCargo but a 340 lb. space eater next to him would make me feel much better about the entire D. Not a fan of Williams, Tripplett or Anderson at DT.

I honestly don't have a problem with the back 7. I'm thinking Youboty eventually takes over at CB opposite McGee.

Not a big fan of the Tampa 2 D scheme. It leaves too much open space in the middle of the field. If teams start running over us early, then it must be scrapped. Stopping the run is job #1.
      Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Wally The Barber
        • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Night Train
        I like McCargo but a 340 lb. space eater next to him would make me feel much better about the entire D. Not a fan of Williams, Tripplett or Anderson at DT.

I honestly don't have a problem with the back 7. I'm thinking Youboty eventually takes over at CB opposite McGee.

Not a big fan of the Tampa 2 D scheme. It leaves too much open space in the middle of the field. If teams start running over us early, then it must be scrapped. Stopping the run is job #1.
        I think the weaknesses are obvious and I expect Marv to do everything he can to put the best posible team on the field!
        Beware of Sarcasm

Comment

• Meathead
          Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby
          • Jul 2002

yeah i have to admit im a bit streamed over it too

its the 'under the circumstances' part that streams me. what circumstances exactly? i think he just meant that you cant manufacture players out of thin air and it takes time to build a team through the draft more than anywhere else. but it just didnt sound right, like 'well we have no choice but to suck so hopefully the crappy players can overachieve'. i dont think thats what marv intended but thats what it sounds like
          One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• Wally The Barber
            • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Meathead
            yeah i have to admit im a bit streamed over it too

its the 'under the circumstances' part that streams me. what circumstances exactly? i think he just meant that you cant manufacture players out of thin air and it takes time to build a team through the draft more than anywhere else. but it just didnt sound right, like 'well we have no choice but to suck so hopefully the crappy players can overachieve'. i dont think thats what marv intended but thats what it sounds like
            Your take is the same as mine but I would expect a more uplifting comment from Marv.
            Beware of Sarcasm

Comment

• Philagape
              WIN NOW
              • Jul 2002

The circumstances are, of course, cash to cap, which we've known for months.

As long as C2C is the policy, the budget will be limited year to year. Yes, it does ease the long-term financial burden, but it burdens the short-term. There will be money available every year, but not much in terms of what we can do with it. That means it will take a long time to build a team, and the drafts have to be near perfect.
              "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
              2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Turf
                • Jul 2002

Raise ticket prices, simple.
                It amazes me that people will stay away from the games if the tickets go up $30-$50 a piece, but will spend 4 times that much partying before and after the game.
                NEWS FLASH. If there is no NFL team there is no tailgating.
                Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• Wally The Barber
                  • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Philagape
                  The circumstances are, of course, cash to cap, which we've known for months.

As long as C2C is the policy, the budget will be limited year to year. Yes, it does ease the long-term financial burden, but it burdens the short-term. There will be money available every year, but not much in terms of what we can do with it. That means it will take a long time to build a team, and the drafts have to be near perfect.
                  I watched Darwin Walker play and I am still confused why Marv thought he was not worth the money and we have 19 mil under the cap !
                  Beware of Sarcasm

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                    Unreachable Douche
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Turf
                    Raise ticket prices, simple.
                    It amazes me that people will stay away from the games if the tickets go up $30-$50 a piece, but will spend 4 times that much partying before and after the game.
                    NEWS FLASH. If there is no NFL team there is no tailgating.
                    At least to the NFL average. This would give Ralph millions more in revenue.

Ralph is not the cheap owner that some have made him out to be. It's Bills fans that are getting things cheap and who are cheap.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                      Zero for Zero!
                      • Mar 2003

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
                      At least to the NFL average. This would give Ralph millions more in revenue.

Ralph is not the cheap owner that some have made him out to be. It's Bills fans that are getting things cheap and who are cheap.
                      Wrong. Ticket monies are split 60/40 in regular season games.
                      Originally posted by mysticsoto
                      Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

The "circumstances" Marv is referring to is most likely cash to cap, which is a self imposed financial constraint.
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Wally The Barber
                          • Jul 2007

Originally posted by OpIv37
                          The "circumstances" Marv is referring to is most likely cash to cap, which is a self imposed financial constraint.
                          I think it is fair to say that the Bills have room to add a DT or DE to the roster through trade or available waived players!

I do not buy the "poor us" argument!
                          Beware of Sarcasm

Comment

• justasportsfan
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Wally
                            I watched Darwin Walker play and I am still confused why Marv thought he was not worth the money and we have 19 mil under the cap !
                            that's because he's a Tripplett and McCargo clone.
                            sacrifice1
                            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• raphael120
                              Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
                              • Oct 2005

Circumstances = Ralph Wilson pullin on Marv's leash a bit too tight.

Comment

Working...
                              X