PDA

View Full Version : This TD era decision still gets to me

NorthCarBills
09-06-2007, 10:08 AM
If there's one TD era decision that still haunts me, it's letting Big Pat go. I know we're in a different "cover 2 / speed based" defensive scheme these days, and in this logic he does not fit.

Injuries, high dollar, overweight at times, yes. But he's one of those run stuffers that are so hard to come by, and lately our lack of stopping the run just echos his absence even more.

Thanks...I just had to vent after reading Chris Brown's latest blog entry. Apparently the Vike's just extended him.

Thanks .... and please dont take this as a direct knock on our current roster. I'm flying up for the game this weekend and will be screaming my head off in support of those guys. This is more of a "wish we still had Pat" thread.

justasportsfan
09-06-2007, 10:15 AM
TD's biggest mistake. But hey, he did bring in Evans so there's no need to look back but move forward. Besides, I'm not really sure if MArv would've kept PAt at his age and all. :idunno:

NorthCarBills
09-06-2007, 10:24 AM
Justa, good response.

Normally I dont like to look back and complain. I realize it's not productive and looking ahead is absolutely the correct path. Also, I suppose I'm one of the few around here who support the current direction of the team.

Also, point taken about Marv. The current youth movement probably would have sent Pat packing either way.

Thanks for the post.