PDA

View Full Version : Stiff Competition For Passing Game

justasportsfan
09-06-2007, 10:32 AM
We are very, very confident - like I said from the beginning," said Losman. "We also know that there is a lot of work that has to get done, but we like where we are at, we like our chance, we like the schemes, we love our players, our offensive line, our tight ends, our receivers, our running backs and our quarterback situation. Right now everything is set and it's going to be fun to see how we go and see how much we get accomplished."

http://buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=5190

justasportsfan
09-06-2007, 10:33 AM
Bailey won't shadow Evans
Today Posted By: Chris Brown | Time: 11:19 AM ET | Link

BAILEY WON'T SHADOW EVANS: According to Denver's new defensive coordinator Jim Bates it's not his plan to have Champ Bailey shadown Lee Evans the entire game.

“Certain game plans could use that ploy, but when you have Dre Bly on the other side, right now that isn’t in our thinking,” Bates told the Gazette in Colorado Springs. “It could be for certain game plans and we could throw a surprise this week, who knows?”

Bates is trying to leave the possibility open with the last part of his sentence as most coaches try to do, but reading between the lines it looks like they'll play the Bills receivers straight up and it's hard to argue when you have Bailey and Bly. It'll be interesting to see how much the Bills move Evans around Sunday to get him some more advantageous matchups.

http://buffalobills.com/blog/index.jsp?blogger_id=1

justasportsfan
09-06-2007, 10:33 AM
Cutler nervous
Today Posted By: Chris Brown | Time: 10:16 AM ET | Link

CUTLER NERVOUS: Having played in only 5 NFL games and entering his first season opener Denver QB Jay Cutler gave the answer I was hoping to hear when asked for his thoughts about how he'll feel for his first NFL season opener.

"I'm excited, I'm nervous, I'm anxious…there's a lot of things going through my mind. Right now we're trying to get our game plan and figuring that out and we'll take it day-by-day."

I'm really hoping the Bills somehow, some way can put it on him to win the game. Of course that means slowing down Henry or getting some takeaways. Of course Cutler in his first two away starts last year did pretty well. He had a combined 99.7 passer rating in games at San Diego and at Arizona.

But those aren't hostile stadiums by any means. Buffalo fans have got to make things difficult Sunday!
---

justasportsfan
09-06-2007, 10:41 AM
Jim Bates runs a very conservative D. At least that's what he did while he was with the fins. He ran a prevent type of D that gave up huge plays but was always tops in the league while with Wanny.

The fins did have an awsome pass D with Surtain and Madisson (. Now it's Bailey and Bly) but our rb's always had big games against Bates' D.

Hopefully , they are still learning the new schemes. Should be interesting.