• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Answer
    The Plagiarist
    • Mar 2007

Fox Sports Rumors: Lynch committed to Buf, Mcgahee still the best RB

The Answer is only posting Bills and AFC East related so he's not sanctioned again by the Admin:

Get NFL news, scores, stats, standings & more for your favorite teams and players -- plus watch highlights and live games! All on FoxSports.com.

Ex-Pats WR Caldwell meets with Jets

The Jets met Tuesday with former Patriots wide receiver Reche Caldwell, whom New England released last weekend. The Jets didn't stop with Caldwell. New York also signed to its practice squad Tuesday former New England guard/center Mike Elgin, whom the Patriots drafted in the seventh round in April and then released last weekend. Elgin reported to work immediately for the Jets, with an innate and up-to-date knowledge of the Patriots defense. And the Jets didn't stop with Elgin and Caldwell. Last week, they met with former Patriots defensive back Artrell Hawkins, whom New England released earlier this summer. Seemingly anyone that spends some time in Foxboro, Mass., has a decent chance of winding up in Hempstead, N.Y., even if it is for so much as an informal visit. -- NFL Network

Ravens McGahee says he's best back in NFL

Willis McGahee doesn't let the facts get in the way of a good boast. He believes, really believes, he is the best running back in the NFL, and is not the least bit bothered by the fact that the numbers don't support that claim. McGahee has never finished higher than 10th in the league in rushing and has yet to average more than 4 yards per carry. His 3,365 rushing yards over the last three seasons leave him about three-quarters of a mile behind the Chargers' LaDainian Tomlinson. "No doubt [I'm the best]," said the Baltimore Ravens running back. "There may be other guys who have done more [statistically] than me. But if you ask me, I'm always going to tell you I'm the best. I don't care if I rush for only 200 yards. I still feel I'm the best." -- Philadelphia Daily News

Dolphins not that interested in Ex-Pat Caldwell

The agent for Reche Caldwell -- the Patriots' leading receiver last season who was cut Monday -- called the Dolphins on Tuesday, but they were noncommittal. -- Miami Herald

Bills rookie Lynch committed to Buffalo?

Bills rookie rookie RB Marshawn Lynch has already shown a commitment to the region by moving his mother, Delisa, and his younger brother, Davonte, a freshman in high school, to a Buffalo suburb. "I am a full-time resident," he said. "I'm bringing my family here. I'm a family man." Lynch has the words "Mama's Boy" tattooed across his back in a tribute to his mother. He said she raised four children by herself in a tough section of Oakland. -- NY Times

Bills sign QB Eakin to practice squad

The Bills signed quarterback Kevin Eakin to their practice squad. Eakin was among the Bills' first round of cuts. He played for Frankfurt in the now defunct NFL Europa last spring. The Bills now have nine players on the practice squad. The league limit is eight, but defensive lineman Daniel Watts is exempt as an NFL international allocation. The Bills are going with just two quarterbacks, J.P. Losman and Trent Edwards on their 53- man roster. They are one of 15 NFL teams carrying two quarterbacks. -- Buffalo News

~The Answer
  • SquishDaFish
    Lets GO BUFFALO!!
    • Jun 2005

Re: Fox Sports Rumors: Lynch committed to Buf, Mcgahee still the best RB

Originally posted by The Answer
    The Answer is only posting Bills and AFC East related so he's not sanctioned again by the Admin:

Willis McGahee doesn't let the facts get in the way of a good boast. He believes, really believes, he is the best running back in the NFL, and is not the least bit bothered by the fact that the numbers don't support that claim. McGahee has never finished higher than 10th in the league in rushing and has yet to average more than 4 yards per carry. His 3,365 rushing yards over the last three seasons leave him about three-quarters of a mile behind the Chargers' LaDainian Tomlinson. "No doubt [I'm the best]," said the Baltimore Ravens running back. "There may be other guys who have done more [statistically] than me. But if you ask me, I'm always going to tell you I'm the best. I don't care if I rush for only 200 yards. I still feel I'm the best." -- Philadelphia Daily News
    ~The Answer
    This is AFC EAST related?? How??

Comment

• The Answer
      The Plagiarist
      • Mar 2007

Originally posted by BillsIN05
      This is AFC EAST related?? How??
      Simmer down - The Doushe is a former Bill and his assenine comments make for good comedy.

~The Answer

Comment

• duhbilz
        S.Jersey #1 fan of Daunte Culpeper where he may play
        • Jul 2007

Get NFL news, scores, stats, standings & more for your favorite teams and players -- plus watch highlights and live games! All on FoxSports.com.

Bills rookie rookie RB Marshawn Lynch has already shown a commitment to the region by moving his mother, Delisa, and his younger brother, Davonte, a freshman in high school, to a Buffalo suburb. "I am a full-time resident," he said. "I'm bringing my family here. I'm a family man." Lynch has the words "Mama's Boy" tattooed across his back in a tribute to his mother. He said she raised four children by herself in a tough section of Oakland. -- NY Times

The Bills signed quarterback Kevin Eakin to their practice squad. Eakin was among the Bills' first round of cuts. He played for Frankfurt in the now defunct NFL Europa last spring. The Bills now have nine players on the practice squad. The league limit is eight, but defensive lineman Daniel Watts is exempt as an NFL international allocation. The Bills are going with just two quarterbacks, J.P. Losman and Trent Edwards on their 53- man roster. They are one of 15 NFL teams carrying two quarterbacks. -- Buffalo News

~The Answer
        Lynch sure does seem to have the right attitude.

Comment

• FinFaninBuffalo
          Registered Fish
          • Aug 2006

New York also signed to its practice squad Tuesday former New England guard/center Mike Elgin, whom the Patriots drafted in the seventh round in April and then released last weekend. Elgin reported to work immediately for the Jets, with an innate and up-to-date knowledge of the Patriots defense.
          Whoever wrote this is ******ed. First of all, he doesn't seem to understand the meaning of the word "innate".

innate
          1. existing in one from birth; inborn; native: innate musical talent.
          2. inherent in the essential character of something: an innate defect in the hypothesis.
          3. originating in or arising from the intellect or the constitution of the mind, rather than learned through experience: an innate knowledge of good and evil.

Surely he doesn't think Elgin was born with knowledge of the Patriots defense. Secondly, the guy is a rookie 7th round draft pick. His head is swimming with trying to figure out his own responsibilities. I seriously doubt he has detailed knowledge of the Pats defense. What a tool.

Once an idiot, always an idiot.

Good for Marshawn. Sounds like he was raised right. If he wasn't on the Bills, I'd want him to succeed.

Comment

• RockStar36
            Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
            • Sep 2004

~The Answer
            YES!! Kevin "Young Gun" Eakin! Eakin ball baby!!

D & S Sports

Comment

• justasportsfan
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by RockStar36

YES!! Kevin "Young Gun" Eakin! Eakin ball baby!!
              Freakin Eakin?
              sacrifice1
              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• RockStar36
                Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                • Sep 2004

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                Freakin Eakin?
                That's even better!

D & S Sports

Comment

• Wally The Barber
                  • Jul 2007

I am happy to hear that MsGahee is breaking his silence.

Beware of Sarcasm

Comment

• njsue
                    Jersey Girl!!!!!!
                    • Sep 2003

Mgahee was only best at talking BS before he actually accomplished something! He has accomplished nothing!

I hope he gets slammed by POZILLA when Baltimore comes to the Ralph!

Comment

• BidsJr
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by FinFaninBuffalo
                      Whoever wrote this is ******ed. First of all, he doesn't seem to understand the meaning of the word "innate".

Surely he doesn't think Elgin was born with knowledge of the Patriots defense. Secondly, the guy is a rookie 7th round draft pick. His head is swimming with trying to figure out his own responsibilities. I seriously doubt he has detailed knowledge of the Pats defense. What a tool.

Once an idiot, always an idiot.

Good for Marshawn. Sounds like he was raised right. If he wasn't on the Bills, I'd want him to succeed.
                      Actually Mike Elgin was an academic all american who graduated with his engineering degree with a 3.9-4.0.

The thought that he might retain information quickly is not that much of a stretch.

Go Hawks!
                      "Well I drink too much and get punched in the head by fighters for fun, so my memory isn't so great." -OpIv37

Comment

• JJamezz

Administrator Emeritus
                        • Jul 2002

This is worse than the f'n JP's Hair thread...

Comment

• Turf
                          • Jul 2002

McGahee is probably the 15th best back ithe league, behind Lynch. He actually thinks he's better than LT? Unreal.
                          In fact I'm so confident he sucks I picked up Cincinatti's defense in my fantasy league cause they're playing Baltimore.
                          My pick of the week, Cinci over overrated Ravens.
                          Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
                            • May 2003

I am going to assume that Marshawn has never seen snow before, he might change his mind in December.

Thank you Willis, I didn't think I could hate you as a player any more, I was wrong. You aren't the best running back in your conference.

Comment

Working...
                            X