PDA

View Full Version : Have we officially cleaned house of all TD blunders?

raphael120
09-06-2007, 02:48 PM
Do you think this is the first season where we've gotten rid of all the TD mistakes on the team or do you think some remain?

This goes for players and personnel in the FO.

I think we've done some chemo and got rid of most of the cancer, but we're going to be weak for a little bit but be stronger than we were as time goes on.

Pride
09-06-2007, 02:51 PM
Until we nail down a top flight DT (a la Pat Williams), the TD era will still be screwing us.

casdhf
09-06-2007, 03:00 PM
I think we'll end up the same as last season. We'll be awful at the start and then really come on in the second half.

The Answer
09-06-2007, 03:00 PM
Do you think this is the first season where we've gotten rid of all the TD mistakes on the team or do you think some remain?

I think we've done some chemo and got rid of most of the cancer, but we're going to be weak for a little bit but be stronger than we were as time goes on.

No - The biggest TD blunder of them all is still on the roster: Losman

Everrett has proved to be a colossal bust as well.

~The Answer

Ed
09-06-2007, 03:01 PM
I think the only real TD mistakes that he left was the coaching staff. Most of our best players are TD guys.

Evans, Peters, Losman, Parrish, Schobel, Crowell, McGee, Moorman....

justasportsfan
09-06-2007, 03:01 PM
Timmay Anderson.

I'm still praying that he becomes decent.

OpIv37
09-06-2007, 03:03 PM
Anderson, Everett.

Michael82
09-06-2007, 03:07 PM
I'm still waiting for Director of Pro Personnel, John Guy to hit the road! :pray:

raphael120
09-06-2007, 03:08 PM
I think the only real TD mistakes that he left was the coaching staff. Most of our best players are TD guys.

Evans, Peters, Losman, Parrish, Schobel, Crowell, McGee, Moorman....

What about the front office personnel?

Scouting, etc...we still have some TD guys in there.

Does this concern you? Or do you think theyre fine because of the fact we have good guys from TD's era as you listed above?

Note how all the guys youve listed were drafted by TD, not brought in from FA. (Except Moorman)

I think whoever has been in charge of FA aquisitions during TD and since has been horrid. Think of all the FA we brought in. It's like a revolving door of ineptitude so far. Marv best hope that Dockery and Walker pan out because as of thus far, they will be the only two that made a difference. So far we have yet to sign a FA that is above average and contributes positively consistantly.

TacklingDummy
09-06-2007, 03:50 PM

~The Answer

People tend to forget that Losman was a TD draft pick.

casdhf
09-06-2007, 03:53 PM
So is Modrak the GM in a couple years?

OpIv37
09-06-2007, 03:57 PM
People tend to forget that Losman was a TD draft pick.

no, I think most people just don't consider him a blunder.

He's got this year to prove himself- otherwise, time to move on.

TacklingDummy
09-06-2007, 04:10 PM
He's got this year to prove himself- otherwise, time to move on.

Agreed.

patmoran2006
09-06-2007, 05:19 PM
Put it this way...Until the Bills win.. People here will continue to BLAME TD regardless.When your a GM and you've had TWO OFFSEASONS to do what you wanna do, the old GM excuses fade once this season starts.

BidsJr
09-06-2007, 05:23 PM
Put it this way...Until the Bills win.. People here will continue to BLAME TD regardless.When your a GM and you've had TWO OFFSEASONS to do what you wanna do, the old GM excuses fade once this season starts.

Incorrect. The old GM excuses fade once next season starts.

patmoran2006
09-06-2007, 05:27 PM
For all the TD bashing..

Where would this franchise be without Schobel, Evans and peters right now?

Enough is enough.Marv has had TWO FA classes and TWO DRAFTS to make it his team".. It's Marv's team now.

BidsJr
09-06-2007, 05:42 PM
For all the TD bashing..

Where would this franchise be without Schobel, Evans and peters right now?

Enough is enough.Marv has had TWO FA classes and TWO DRAFTS to make it his team".. It's Marv's team now.

So you are saying he has had 18 months to overhaul the team, has his second rookie class making their first NFL start this weekend, and his head is on the line?

You are nuts.

At least give his first draft classes a year in the league and let him sprinkle in some FA talent before you call for his head.

That is rediculas.

TacklingDummy
09-06-2007, 06:19 PM

It's Marv's team now but not because of the product put on the field.

In that terms its pretty much Marv and TDs team.

BillsFever21
09-06-2007, 08:40 PM
What about the front office personnel?

Scouting, etc...we still have some TD guys in there.

Does this concern you? Or do you think theyre fine because of the fact we have good guys from TD's era as you listed above?

Note how all the guys youve listed were drafted by TD, not brought in from FA. (Except Moorman)

I think whoever has been in charge of FA aquisitions during TD and since has been horrid. Think of all the FA we brought in. It's like a revolving door of ineptitude so far. Marv best hope that Dockery and Walker pan out because as of thus far, they will be the only two that made a difference. So far we have yet to sign a FA that is above average and contributes positively consistantly.

There have been FA's that have made a difference over the years. Takeo Spikes for one made a difference when he first came here. An horrible injury reduces his productivity but it's not as if he was a total waste from day one.

Sam Adams was pretty dominant for a couple years and was a big reason for our great run defense a few years ago and later.

Jason Peters is pretty damn good. He was a rookie FA signd by Donahoe.

Lawyer Milloy had a couple good years for us and everybody loved him during that time. It's not as if he didn't contribute anything.

Just because some of the guys aren't the same players now that they used to be in their younger days doesn't mean they were useless pickups. Donahoe tood a completely pathetic defense when he first came here and quickly formed it into one of the best in the league for a few year period. That defense was horrible when he first got here.

When Donahoe came here that was a team that that had to be totally gutted and started over from scratch. There wasn't any useful players here long term and all the guys he had to get rid of never went on to do anything useful afterwards. The salary cap status of the team was completely awful. Within a couple years there were only a handful of players left from his first day on the job. He did a pretty good job of building up talent on the team in a short period of time. Bad coaching led to the downfall of the team during that era.

Marv has nowhere close to the talentless team TD did when he took over. I'm sure TD would've loved to have players like Evans, Losman, Schobel, Peters, Crowell and Clements when he took over the team. All he had was Eric Moulds. Marv should have no excuse not to build up a talented team by next year. Within 2 or 3 years TD's era took a completely gutted team to the point of it basically being an expansion team and made it a competitive team that had 8-8 and 9-7 records.

Marv took over a good core of young talent to work with. It's not like there needs to be a total makeover of the team like when Donahoe took over. If Marv can't build off of what is already here and take this team to the playoffs then it will be a total failure.

Michael82
09-07-2007, 12:50 AM
There have been FA's that have made a difference over the years. Takeo Spikes for one made a difference when he first came here. An horrible injury reduces his productivity but it's not as if he was a total waste from day one.

Sam Adams was pretty dominant for a couple years and was a big reason for our great run defense a few years ago and later.

Jason Peters is pretty damn good. He was a rookie FA signd by Donahoe.

Lawyer Milloy had a couple good years for us and everybody loved him during that time. It's not as if he didn't contribute anything.

Just because some of the guys aren't the same players now that they used to be in their younger days doesn't mean they were useless pickups. Donahoe tood a completely pathetic defense when he first came here and quickly formed it into one of the best in the league for a few year period. That defense was horrible when he first got here.

When Donahoe came here that was a team that that had to be totally gutted and started over from scratch. There wasn't any useful players here long term and all the guys he had to get rid of never went on to do anything useful afterwards. The salary cap status of the team was completely awful. Within a couple years there were only a handful of players left from his first day on the job. He did a pretty good job of building up talent on the team in a short period of time. Bad coaching led to the downfall of the team during that era.

Marv has nowhere close to the talentless team TD did when he took over. I'm sure TD would've loved to have players like Evans, Losman, Schobel, Peters, Crowell and Clements when he took over the team. All he had was Eric Moulds. Marv should have no excuse not to build up a talented team by next year. Within 2 or 3 years TD's era took a completely gutted team to the point of it basically being an expansion team and made it a competitive team that had 8-8 and 9-7 records.

Marv took over a good core of young talent to work with. It's not like there needs to be a total makeover of the team like when Donahoe took over. If Marv can't build off of what is already here and take this team to the playoffs then it will be a total failure.
That's the same "great defense" that got shredded by the Steelers 3rd string runningbacks and players a few years ago in one of the most important games ever that would have put the Bills in the playoffs! :ill:

BillsFever21
09-07-2007, 03:57 AM
That's the same "great defense" that got shredded by the Steelers 3rd string runningbacks and players a few years ago in one of the most important games ever that would have put the Bills in the playoffs! :ill:

Mike Mularkey and his staff I'm sure played a part in that. It was that defense that gave us the chance to play that game.

The defense wasn't nearly as bad as the offense and all of Bledsoe's fumbles and 3 and outs. The defense even scored a TD off of Clements' INT for a TD which gave us the lead for the final time.

If I remember correctly the defense was consistently holding them for most of the game and gave us many chances to take advantage but the offense couldn't do anythng and eventually Bledsoe fumbled the game away.

Also, If I remember correctly that 3rd string RB that day was Willie Parker. Even if all of this wasn't the case name me one great unit whether it being offense or defense that isn't lights out every single game. That defense held the Steelers fairly decently. The offense couldn't gain any yards and the Steelers had great field position all day. Then Bledsoe's fumbles were the final knife in the back.

Michael82
09-07-2007, 07:59 AM
it figures that you would take the blame off of the defense and other players and put it right on Drew Bledsoe. Typical Bledsoe hater. :rolleyes:

Wys Guy
09-07-2007, 08:13 AM
I think we'll end up the same as last season. We'll be awful at the start and then really come on in the second half.

Well, taking a quick glance at the schedule, one would certainly hope so given teams such as Miami, Washington, Cleveland and the Giants on it in the last half.

Wys Guy
09-07-2007, 08:17 AM

Levy has been worse than Donadope in creating even more blunders.

As non-independently thinking as the Dope was, at least he got players that had talent yet were merely washed up.

Levy's wasted a ton of the team's money on players in mid-prime that suck even worse than those that Donadope signed and were washed up.

I mean just think about all the money tied up in Royal, Price, Tripplett, Langston Walker, Kelsay (good but not great), Dockery (good but not great);

... along with the draft resources invested in players like Youboty and McCargo, two of three day-one picks last year costing us three draft picks, that have yet to even show signs that they'll even be on the team after '08.

patmoran2006
09-07-2007, 12:34 PM
So you are saying he has had 18 months to overhaul the team, has his second rookie class making their first NFL start this weekend, and his head is on the line?

You are nuts.

At least give his first draft classes a year in the league and let him sprinkle in some FA talent before you call for his head.

That is rediculas.
In no point of my thread did I say his head was on the line.

I said the convienant TD excuses are OVER with.

As far as "sprinkling" in some FA talent--- he's already sprinkled 17 free agents in two years on this team. Almost half of the free agents he signed last year got cut or werent resigned after ONE f'n season..
Nall, Bowen, Reyes, Andre Davis off the top of my head. ONE YEAR! Sounds like he's been sprinkling in a bit too much crap into his signings.

raphael120
09-07-2007, 01:39 PM
In no point of my thread did I say his head was on the line.

I said the convienant TD excuses are OVER with.

As far as "sprinkling" in some FA talent--- he's already sprinkled 17 free agents in two years on this team. Almost half of the free agents he signed last year got cut or werent resigned after ONE f'n season..
Nall, Bowen, Reyes, Andre Davis off the top of my head. ONE YEAR! Sounds like he's been sprinkling in a bit too much crap into his signings.

Funny how in football, its ok to be lacking results for 2 straight years, but in real life, if you were unproductive for 2 straight years in a high position, you'd be canned too.

People with the wait and see, wait and see, wait and see approach are most likely the same that kept wanting to give Dope the benefit of the doubt everytime a new coach game in because if you keep creating reasons for excuses, you can keep getting by. Think about it. Every year the FO tries to feed us some reason in the offseason to make fans think that things have changed. The oline signings, Lynch, Poz, last year it was new coaching staff, Tripplett, McCargo, Price. Gandy, etc.

The people who would excuse failure for this season must not have very high standards period. I'm a competative person, I don't like losing, I dont like to see my team losing. If people excused repetative failure, no one would ever get anything done.

This is Marv and Jaurons team. Theyre fingerprints are ALLLLL over it. If this team regresses from last year, it's a fair assumption that they're not going to get things done, period, and history has shown that Jauron has 1 season to show for himself thus far. I wish the Bills were half as useful as their excuses were in the past.

With all this upcoming talent and upside, it's Jauron that's molding this team, and it lies squarely on the coaching staff to make this potential realized and utilize it to it's fullest. And it lies squarely on the FA signings and the draft choices from last year to realize their potential too. Everything that happens this year has a direct correlation to what Levy & Co. has done.

PECKERWOOD
09-07-2007, 03:40 PM

~The Answer

Good Lord... The last thing this team needs is another QB controversy.

Philagape
09-07-2007, 04:06 PM
it figures that you would take the blame off of the defense and other players and put it right on Drew Bledsoe. Typical Bledsoe hater. :rolleyes:

There was lots of blame to go around in that game. Dreadsoe did blow it, sealing his colossal failure here.

And considering the career Willie Parker has gone on to have, the game he had doesn't look so bizarre.

SABURZFAN
09-07-2007, 04:22 PM

i can name one blunder we haven't gotten rid of.