PDA

View Full Version : 'Poz' prepares for a fast start

The Answer
09-06-2007, 05:26 PM
http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/billsnfl/story/156256.html

Jerry Sullivan: Posluszny prepares for fast start

<!-- Begin /PubSys/Common/Decisions/if_byline_and_copyright_or_creditline.comp -->Jerry Sullivan <!-- Begin /PubSys/Common/Decisions/if_copyright_with_dash.comp --><!-- Begin /PubSys/Common/Decisions/if_creditline_with_dash.comp --><!-- End /PubSys/Common/Decisions/if_creditline_with_dash.comp --><!-- End /PubSys/Common/Decisions/if_copyright_with_dash.comp --><!-- End /PubSys/Common/Decisions/if_byline_and_copyright_or_creditline.comp -->
Updated: 09/06/07 8:21 AM

Paul Posluszny’s father once told him, “Be a killer on the field, a gentleman off it.” Posluszny took the advice to heart. At Penn State, he was an academic All-American who attended church every Sunday and spent his free time watching the History Channel.

On the field, he was a ferocious hitter who often came off the field with blood all over his face. As a junior, he won the Butkus and Bednarik awards as the nation’s top linebacker and defensive player. You do not win awards named for those two legends if you don’t have a certain edge to your personality.

So “Poz” is a good kid. But he has an ego. Like Hall of Famer Thurman Thomas, he took mental notes on draft day. A lot of teams had their doubts. They wondered if he had the speed to play linebacker in the NFL. That’s why he slipped to the Buffalo Bills, with the 34th overall pick. “A lot of teams passed you over,” I told Posluszny Wednesday........

~The Answer

Ed
09-06-2007, 06:00 PM
It’s not as if he harbors any special disdain for the Broncos for not drafting him 17th overall.

“I can do that with certain teams, though,” he said. “There’s certain teams. I would rather not say. I’ll save it for the week we play them.”

I bet one of those teams he's talking about is the Steelers.

Mitchy moo
09-06-2007, 07:49 PM
I hope he makes all of them suffer.:cheers: