OK, the Gauntlet is Thrown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK, the Gauntlet is Thrown

As promised, and in spite of my sheer and utter apathy this year, here are the statistical measures that I am predicting for this season which will go up prior to game time on Sunday.

Anyone interested in going toe-to-toe with me on these please add your own. I just finished some of them and some I haven't even done yet, so it's not as if I've been working on these for weeks. It's been less than 12 hours, so we're all on the same playing field here.

So for all of you that think I have my head up my arse, let's see your bold predictions in advance and side-by-side. They won't be published unless you want them to be.

I expect some that talk the most trash w/o laying themselves out to check their nads at the door, but for the rest, let's just have fun with this in what at least I'm figuring to be a bleak season.

Here are the cats:

Rushing D:

Yards

YPC

TDs
    Passing D:

Opp. Rating

Yards

TDs

Sacks
    Rushing O:

Yards

YPC

TDs
    Passing O:

Yards

TDs

Sacks Allowed

Attempts/Sack
    Fundamentals:

Plays Run O

Plays Allowed D

O 1st Dwns Gained

O 3rd Dwn Conv. %

O Red Zone TD %

D 1st Dwns Allowed

D 3rd Dwn Conv. %

D Red Zone TD %

Players

Losman

Passing Yards

TDs

INTs

Total TOs

Lynch

Rush Yds.

YPC

TDs

Rec. Yards

Rec. TDs

Thomas

Rush Yds.

YPC

TDs

Evans

Yards

TDs

Recpts.

Price, Parrish, Reed (collectively)

Yards

TDs

TEs

Yards

TDs

Other

Sacks Allowed

Sacks Generated

INTs made

Schedule Predictions

Pre Bye Week

1st 8

2nd 8

Division

H/A

Feel free to add more if you like.

For the first half team rankings, I am ranking +/- 2 in rankings against the rest of the league, not specific tallies or numbers. In other words, for the first one, Rush D yards, if you think the Bills will finish ranked 20th of 32 in the league, then you'd put 18-22 allowing you a +/- of 2 ranking spots. The lowest therefore is 28-32nd and the highest 1st-5th.

For the second part, it's the actual figures for each player or the team following the players portion.

Again, feel free to add more. I tried to include the relevant and fundamental indicators and not those that are derivatives/residuals of others.

Anyway, have at it. I'll come back prior to game time on Sunday, or early during the game, and download those for all that have contributed. Let's see who ponies up!

If you have any questions, e-mail me. Also feel free to e-mail me your predictions as well if you don't want them on here publicly.

At the end of the season we'll tally the results in a contest of sorts.
  • Meathead
    Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
    • Jul 2002

Re: OK, the Gauntlet is Thrown

you forgot cheerleader flatulence ounces

holy crap. if i dont sleep eat or poop i think i might get it done before the game starts
    One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

Originally posted by Meathead
      you forgot cheerleader flatulence ounces

holy crap. if i dont sleep eat or poop i think i might get it done before the game starts
      That pretty much says it all.

Please, if you're not serious, please don't litter this thread.

All I hear is about how I don't know anything by most of you. So here's your opportunity to go on record, or just keep your overall specific picks between us, and go head-to-head with me.

If there's anything that I can't stand it's people that piss and moan with perfect information at how inaccurate someone was on a point or two amidst glaring accuracy otherwise.

So I want to hear it from Tatonka and some of the others that openly challenge me the most on "what I know."

Speak now or forever STHU.

Any idiot can look at what actually happens and say "see, I told you so!" But how many can lay things out accurately in advance?

IDK, but are we going to find out, or not?

Again, either just ante up or ignore this threat.

I would ask the mods to delete every post besides mine that does not contain input to the challenge.

Thanks!

Comment

As well, as of Sunday at 1 p.m., mods please close the thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Meathead
          if i dont sleep eat or poop i think i might get it done before the game starts
          PS Meathead, then simply pick and choose some of the more general indicators such as the first four categories and wins/losses or something. Honestly, I'm almost done with mine and they took me only a few hours. I started yesterday evening for a couple of hours and again early this morning for perhaps another one. I've got only a few left.

Givne the amount of time that some spend posting here, I wouldn't think that a couple of hours is all that much for something that we all love and enjoy.

Whatever you feel comfortable with however. Pick and choose those that you want to put in.

It just gets old having so many criticize at season's end how off I may have been on a few indicators while pretty much nailing 80 or 90% of them otherwise.

With all of that big talk by so many here I just thought they'd all love an opportunity to lay their personal credibility on the line just as I do every season.

Is this message board all talk in that way? I'm guessing it is, but I'm open and hopeful that many will in fact ante up. Once they do we can piece together the greater picture of the team's overall performance based on their indicators and see if it all matches up.

Comment

• casdhf
            • Jul 2002

There's only one that matters, Weiler:

Wins/Losses
            Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
            cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
              Zero for Zero!
              • Mar 2003

Just one quick comment: People would be much more receptive to you if you did not break your arm patting yourself on the back and call everybody else stupid most of the time.

It is more the style and approach, rather than the content.

Of course we have our two bets.............
              Originally posted by mysticsoto
              Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Wys Guy
                As promised, and in spite of my sheer and utter apathy this year, here are the statistical measures that I am predicting for this season which will go up prior to game time on Sunday.

Anyone interested in going toe-to-toe with me on these please add your own. I just finished some of them and some I haven't even done yet, so it's not as if I've been working on these for weeks. It's been less than 12 hours, so we're all on the same playing field here.

So for all of you that think I have my head up my arse, let's see your bold predictions in advance and side-by-side. They won't be published unless you want them to be.

I expect some that talk the most trash w/o laying themselves out to check their nads at the door, but for the rest, let's just have fun with this in what at least I'm figuring to be a bleak season.

Here are the cats:

Rushing D:

Yards

YPC

TDs
                Passing D:

Opp. Rating

Yards

TDs

Sacks
                Rushing O:

Yards

YPC

TDs
                Passing O:

Yards

TDs

Sacks Allowed

Attempts/Sack
                Fundamentals:

Plays Run O

Plays Allowed D

O 1st Dwns Gained

O 3rd Dwn Conv. %

O Red Zone TD %

D 1st Dwns Allowed

D 3rd Dwn Conv. %

D Red Zone TD %

Players

Losman

Passing Yards

TDs

INTs

Total TOs

Lynch

Rush Yds.

YPC

TDs

Rec. Yards

Rec. TDs

Thomas

Rush Yds.

YPC

TDs

Evans

Yards

TDs

Recpts.

Price, Parrish, Reed (collectively)

Yards

TDs

TEs

Yards

TDs

Other

Sacks Allowed

Sacks Generated

INTs made

Schedule Predictions

Pre Bye Week

1st 8

2nd 8

Division

H/A

Feel free to add more if you like.

For the first half team rankings, I am ranking +/- 2 in rankings against the rest of the league, not specific tallies or numbers. In other words, for the first one, Rush D yards, if you think the Bills will finish ranked 20th of 32 in the league, then you'd put 18-22 allowing you a +/- of 2 ranking spots. The lowest therefore is 28-32nd and the highest 1st-5th.

For the second part, it's the actual figures for each player or the team following the players portion.

Again, feel free to add more. I tried to include the relevant and fundamental indicators and not those that are derivatives/residuals of others.

Anyway, have at it. I'll come back prior to game time on Sunday, or early during the game, and download those for all that have contributed. Let's see who ponies up!

If you have any questions, e-mail me. Also feel free to e-mail me your predictions as well if you don't want them on here publicly.

At the end of the season we'll tally the results in a contest of sorts.
                You really make this a pain in the ass to fill out. The Table doesn't even cut and paste. Come on man!

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                  Just one quick comment: People would be much more receptive to you if you did not break your arm patting yourself on the back and call everybody else stupid most of the time.

It is more the style and approach, rather than the content.

Of course we have our two bets.............
                  Am I incorrect in anything Lechter?

Have I falsely challenged anyone? Do I not take heat here for "knowing nothing?"

Shouldn't you be arguing my side of this; "I would be much less insistent if people here were far more objective and hospitable?"

I come here to discuss facts, and yet it always boils down to insults of me and statements that don't even address the elements of the team that I am talking about, rather ones that wax tangentially to some other utterly irrelevant topic or argument that has little to do with the team.

Now I graciously extend an opportunity to all of my critics to reveal to me and the world exactly how much I don't know and how they know so much more. Frankly, I think that's "mighty white of me."

Comment

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                    You really make this a pain in the ass to fill out. The Table doesn't even cut and paste. Come on man!
                    You're joking, right T?

Want me to send some crayons and construction paper to Buffalo too?

You're how old now?

Just put the picks in an e-mail and send them or list them here straight up.

BTW, it should C&P if you grab the cells and try to paste them into a spreadsheet.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                      • Jul 2002

Am I incorrect in anything Lechter?

Have I falsely challenged anyone? Do I not take heat here for "knowing nothing?"

Shouldn't you be arguing my side of this; "I would be much less insistent if people here were far more objective and hospitable?"

I come here to discuss facts, and yet it always boils down to insults of me and statements that don't even address the elements of the team that I am talking about, rather ones that wax tangentially to some other utterly irrelevant topic or argument that has little to do with the team.
                      You being right or wrong isn't the point and you should know this by now. You rub people the wrong way.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                        Unreachable Douche
                        • Jul 2002

Rushing D

Yards 28-32
                        YPC: 28-32
                        TDS: 26-30

Passing D

yards 18-22
                        TDs 18-22
                        Sacks 15-19

Rushing O

Yards: 26-30
                        YPC: 26-30
                        TD 20-24

Passing 0

Yards: 26-30
                        TDs : 20-24
                        Sacks: 22-26
                        SPA: 28-32

Overall O

1st downs: 28-32
                        Time of Poss: 28-32

Losman

2900 yards
                        12 TDs
                        13 Ints

Lynch

990 yards
                        6 TDs
                        300 Rec Yards
                        1 TD

Evans

1033 Yards
                        5 TDs

Schedule Predictions

Before Bye: 1-4
                        After Bye: 4-7
                        First 8 games: 2-6
                        Last 8: 2-6

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                          • Jul 2002

BTW, it should C&P if you grab the cells and try to paste them into a spreadsheet.
                          I will try this. Again no need to berate me. I was just telling you that more people will fill it out if it is user friendly.

Comment

Originally posted by casdhf

:krusty:
                            Should I expect yours Cas?

I've always respected you!

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                            You being right or wrong isn't the point and you should know this by now. You rub people the wrong way.
                            LMAO Yeah, this coming from a place that has been just oh so hospitable and cordial and willing to discuss facts and realities about our team and not at all hostile or insulting to most posters that have come and gone.

Oh, you crack me up!

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                              • Jul 2002

Should I expect yours Cas?

I've always respected you!

LMAO Yeah, this coming from a place that has been just oh so hospitable and cordial and willing to discuss facts and realities about our team and not at all hostile or insulting to most posters that have come and gone.

Oh, you crack me up!
                              Oh you are right it is everyone else... You couldn't possibly be even partially to blame...

Comment

Working...
                              X