PDA

View Full Version : Here's what I am looking for this weekend.

Pride
09-07-2007, 12:39 PM
I am not debating a win or loss or whatever... This thread was created to list the items that I am going to be paying particular attention to this weekend.

I feel that depending on how these items play out, they could very well determine the success/failure of the overall season.

(In no particular order)
-JP Losman's command of this offense and his ability to build upon how he finished last season.

-The Bills rushing attack, moreso in terms of the defensive first contact with our runner. This should be an indicator as to how well our offensive line is blocking.

-Whether or not our run defense woes can be somewhat concealed by a faster, more attack minded LB in Poz.

-Who will be the Bills secondary weakest link. My gut feeling says its McGee as I've never cared for him as a cover corner.

-Dick Jauron's management of the game and time clock. I've been suspicious of Jauron's clock management for some time. He's incredibly smart, but can he manage the game within the game in regards to time outs, hurry up offense, and challenges.

-Is Marshawn Lynch really any better than McGahee from a pure production standpoint. More importantly, how much dancing does he do behind the line of scrimmage, and how easily does he go down after first contact.

-Does the Bills marketing team truly utilize the new HD scoreboard/jumbotron to its fully ability.

-How many empty seats does The Ralph have if it is a rainy dreary day. This should gauge Bills Football Interest in WNY.

-How many beers does it take to get Phil Drunk!

Bufftp
09-07-2007, 12:45 PM
Good post. I will be watching for similar things.
Two points though,
Will Lynch be dancing behind the line (if he does) because of poor run blocking or indecision.

Will JP have command of the offense despite poor pass blockig?

I think we will see an o-line struggle a little bit purey becasue it takes fro an O-Lie to gel and this is the first time all the starters on the O-Line will actually take a snap together.

DraftBoy
09-07-2007, 12:45 PM
Good post, ill add on that I would like to see fluid consistency with our offense

raphael120
09-07-2007, 01:45 PM
Long sustained, time draining drives from our offense. No stupid drive killing penalties.

I don't even care if we score just as long as we show we can sustain drives which is something we havent been able to do.

mybills
09-07-2007, 01:55 PM
They're young, so there's bound to be stupid penalties. :ill:

I have a different take on McGee. I was disappointed in him last year, after buying his jersey due to his greatness before that. Yes, greatness. There's nothing like watching your guy return one for a TD, or 2, or 3.
Anyway, and maybe it was the dream I had that he did that again, but I have to disagree on him being the weakest link. My gut is telling me he'll get his groove back.

Our "wonderful" RB had better show me something other than his ability to catch the ball. :cynic:

shelby
09-07-2007, 02:17 PM
i am looking for us to stuff the run. This is an area we've been weak in for a while.
i am looking for our O line to give Losman plenty of time.
i am looking for Evans to give Champ Bailey a hard time all day long.
i am looking for our LB corps to have a good day.

i am looking forward to drinking a lot of beer.
:beers:

:gobills:

mybills
09-07-2007, 02:20 PM
Drinking lots of beer is a given. :evil:
:drunks:

casdhf
09-07-2007, 03:08 PM
I want to see them go deep on the first drive. Even if JP throws it 10 yards out of bounds, the Broncos may soften up a bit covering deep.

justasportsfan
09-07-2007, 03:11 PM
I want to see a win. Anything else is a disappointment. The days of having a great loss was all nice and dandy last year like against the pats and colts. This year it's all about winning.