PDA

View Full Version : 1,700 Tickets Remain to Avoid Jaguars Blackout for season opener!

Michael82
09-07-2007, 12:48 PM
The Jacksonville Jaguars have until Friday afternoon to sell enough tickets to avoid a blackout of the season opener.

The NFL granted the team the extension today.

The Jaguars have about 1,700 tickets to sell before 4 p.m. Friday to lift the blackout.

The Jaguars are hosting the Tennessee Titans Sunday afternoon at Jacksonville Municipal Stadium.

They may have waited until the last minute, but fans lined up Thursday to buy tickets.

"It just kind of hit me, you know how it hits at the last minute, I'd like to see it," said Harold Cubbedge.

Cubbedge bought three tickets, Brian Heinz and his company bought 100.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/sports/news-article.aspx?storyid=90588

LtFinFan66
09-07-2007, 01:30 PM
I'll have to miss this one

BlackMetalNinja
09-07-2007, 02:32 PM
Season Opener or not, I wouldn't be talking about other teams not selling out as pathetic Mikey...

Michael82
09-07-2007, 03:00 PM
Season Opener or not, I wouldn't be talking about other teams not selling out as pathetic Mikey...
it's pathetic when it's the freaking first game of the season. We never have problems selling those out. Oh, plust he Jaguars are one of the teams that covers like 10,000 seats to help get sellouts.

gr8slayer
09-07-2007, 03:49 PM
This story sounds like Buffalo last year. We have no place to talk.

Michael82
09-07-2007, 04:45 PM
Alright, it's Sold out now....

The National Football League has lifted the blackout of Sunday’s regular season opener between the Jaguars and the Tennessee Titans after ticket sales reached the blackout threshold today. There are still approximately 300 tickets available that were returned by the Tennessee Titans.
http://www.jaguars.com/news/article.aspx?id=6301

DraftBoy
09-07-2007, 06:46 PM
it's pathetic when it's the freaking first game of the season. We never have problems selling those out. Oh, plust he Jaguars are one of the teams that covers like 10,000 seats to help get sellouts.

Pathetic to not sell out a season opener, or pathetic to not sell out home games when you can still make the playoffs...

Cntrygal
09-08-2007, 03:26 AM
The National Football League has lifted the blackout of Sunday’s regular season opener between the Jaguars and the Tennessee Titans after ticket sales reached the blackout threshold today. There are still approximately 300 tickets available that were returned by the Tennessee Titans.

more... (http://www.jaguars.com/news/article.aspx?id=6301)

Michael82
09-08-2007, 04:44 AM
Pathetic to not sell out a season opener, or pathetic to not sell out home games when you can still make the playoffs...
both. trust me, I was calling us pathetic plenty of times last year. Especially those final games.... Jaguars! Chargers! Dolphins! How the hell could you not sell those out? :ill:

CuseJetsFan83
09-08-2007, 05:09 AM
both. trust me, I was calling us pathetic plenty of times last year. Especially those final games.... Jaguars! Chargers! Dolphins! How the hell could you not sell those out? :ill:

as far as jacksonvilles concerned...... from some of my friends taht go to school down there, and actually are jaguar fans....... well, plain and simply they are not looking forward to this year with all the questions with gerard and the defense etc.....

its a shame any nfl team couldn't sell out

anyways, have a safe weekend bills fans :-0