PDA

View Full Version : Article: Price looking to have impact in 2007

The Answer
09-07-2007, 12:57 PM
http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/story/156920.html?imw=Y

PEERLESS PRICE: “I set the bar very high for myself.”

Price wants his chance

WR looking to make impact

<!-- Begin /PubSys/Common/Decisions/if_byline_and_copyright_or_creditline.comp -->By Allen Wilson <!-- Begin /PubSys/Common/Decisions/if_copyright_with_dash.comp --><!-- Begin /PubSys/Common/Decisions/if_creditline_with_dash.comp --><!-- End /PubSys/Common/Decisions/if_creditline_with_dash.comp --><!-- End /PubSys/Common/Decisions/if_copyright_with_dash.comp --><!-- End /PubSys/Common/Decisions/if_byline_and_copyright_or_creditline.comp -->
Updated: 09/07/07 8:11 AM

Peerless Price is no different than most wide receivers in the NFL. As Keyshawn Johnson once said, Price wants his team to give him the damn ball.

Never one to lack confidence in himself, Price believes he can have a major impact in the Buffalo Bills’ offense. If he’s given the chance, that is.

“If you give a guy enough opportunities he’s going to make plays for you if he’s got the talent and ability, and I believe I have both,” he said. “Now it’s all about opportunity.”

Price should get plenty of opportunities to have an impact on the Bills’ offense this season. Lee Evans emerged as a premier receiving threat last year, and he will surely draw more attention from opposing defenses.

So the Bills are counting on their other receivers to make teams pay for focusing too much on Evans.

“We need both the No. 2 spot and the inside receiver to get more productive there,” said Bills offensive coordinator Steve Fairchild. “Lee commanded a lot of coverage roll his way because obviously he showed that he’s got big-play capability. So that presents some opportunities for other spots. We’re going to see just how we can improve in all those areas.” ....................

~The Answer

justasportsfan
09-07-2007, 01:03 PM
Price's success is based on how much time the OL gives JP time to look at his 2nd and 3rd option when Evans is double teamed.

Meathead
09-07-2007, 01:45 PM
the one major thing i noticed about pp last year compared to his previous time here was that he caught more balls over the middle of the field than he used to

he doesnt appear quite as fast as he used to be but still knows how to beat his man deep. quite a few times last year he was wide open for tds but losman couldnt get it to him for one reason or another

if he can do those two things again this season, which he should, then he could have an 700 yard season. in an offense that spreads the ball to four good receivers that would be huge

M
09-07-2007, 01:49 PM
I hope so. I've always liked Price. :up:

Dr. Lecter
09-07-2007, 01:50 PM
Just like MH has adopted Josh Reed as his "ManCrush Bill", I think I will take Price.

I think he is starting to get more comfortable with JP. And, if the line protects JP not only will that give Losman mroe time to check down, but it will allow the RB's and/or TE's to be out on patterns as well, reducing the pressure on Reed, Parrish and Peerless.

justasportsfan
09-07-2007, 02:01 PM
the one major thing i noticed about pp last year compared to his previous time here was that he caught more balls over the middle of the field than he used to

he doesnt appear quite as fast as he used to be but still knows how to beat his man deep. quite a few times last year he was wide open for tds but losman couldnt get it to him for one reason or another

if he can do those two things again this season, which he should, then he could have an 700 yard season. in an offense that spreads the ball to four good receivers that would be huge

Moulds was better up the middle than Price was which allowed him to stretch the field . It's not the same with Evans. Evans is better at stretching the field so Price had had to go to the middle.

OpIv37
09-07-2007, 02:05 PM
Price better have an impact in 2007 or else he's not going to have a job in 2008.

Night Train
09-07-2007, 02:08 PM
If you saw the half efforts I see from the stands, then you'd understand why I call him " Gutless" .

He has talent but hears footsteps, won't block and doesn't run out most plays. I saw this exact article last year and nothing much happened.

Look for Evans, Lynch, Reed and Parrish to get more looks.

PECKERWOOD
09-07-2007, 03:37 PM
Hopefully, Price set the bar higher for himself this year than he did last year. Come on Peer*lice Price average over 10 yards a catch this year, will ya?

patmoran2006
09-07-2007, 05:15 PM
Ya Peerless Price is looking to have impact in 2007.

And so is Josh Reed....
And so is Coy Wire....
And so is Chris Kelsay....

we havent heard these before have we?