PDA

View Full Version : Article: Make no mistake the Bills are rebuilding

The Answer
09-07-2007, 01:03 PM
http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/billsnfl/story/156412.html?imw=Y

Would you rather go 4-12 the next two years and win the Super Bowl in 2009, or lose in the first round as a wild card all three years?

Make no mistake, the Bills are rebuilding

<!-- Begin /PubSys/Common/Decisions/if_byline_and_copyright_or_creditline.comp -->Jerry Sullivan <!-- Begin /PubSys/Common/Decisions/if_copyright_with_dash.comp --><!-- Begin /PubSys/Common/Decisions/if_creditline_with_dash.comp --><!-- End /PubSys/Common/Decisions/if_creditline_with_dash.comp --><!-- End /PubSys/Common/Decisions/if_copyright_with_dash.comp --><!-- End /PubSys/Common/Decisions/if_byline_and_copyright_or_creditline.comp -->
Updated: 09/07/07 10:44 AM

A couple of weeks ago, in the aftermath of the preseason debacle against the Titans, Dick Jauron made one of the most forthright statements you'll ever hear from an NFL head coach. Jauron took a long, hard look at the Bills and said he wished he had more time.

I'm sure Jauron didn't intend it this way. But however unwittingly, he said what very few people are willing to acknowledge. The Bills are rebuilding. they need a lot more time to become a genuine NFL contender. We're not talking about a few preseason practices, or a handful of real games. The Bills need a year, or maybe two, before they can be taken seriously.

This was an issue last season. Several key veterans - Takeo Spikes, London Fletcher, Troy Vincent - rejected the notion that the team was rebuilding in the first year of the post-Donahoe era. All three are gone. Throw in Willis McGahee and Nate Clements and five established veterans are absent from a season ago.

So you can label 2006 as a transitional year. Now, the rebuilding begins in earnest. I know it's hard to swallow after seven years of no playoffs. Fans don't want to hear about rebuilding. They embrace the myth that, in today's NFL, anyone can win the Super Bowl........

~The Answer

Mad Bomber
09-07-2007, 02:13 PM
I think that article is right on. Thanks, Asser...

Wally The Barber
09-07-2007, 02:16 PM
I think that article is right on. Thanks, Asser...

I prefer " Making adjustments"

Mad Bomber
09-07-2007, 02:28 PM
I prefer " Making adjustments"
:up: Agreed.

That's what rebuilding is. Just like a structure. You cut out the unsound parts and put in solid parts.

In a way it reminds me of what I did today. I took my car in for its 70,000 mile service and brakes. New brakes, flushed and replaced the brake fluid, transmission fluid, differential oil, coolant, serviced the fuel injectors, new plugs....
Rebuilding or making adjustments?

casdhf
09-07-2007, 02:31 PM
So is Tim Anderson the old brake fluid?

Wally The Barber
09-07-2007, 03:02 PM
:up: Agreed.

That's what rebuilding is. Just like a structure. You cut out the unsound parts and put in solid parts.

In a way it reminds me of what I did today. I took my car in for its 70,000 mile service and brakes. New brakes, flushed and replaced the brake fluid, transmission fluid, differential oil, coolant, serviced the fuel injectors, new plugs....
Rebuilding or making adjustments?

They are not same at all!

Adjustments is when you tweak your lineup!

Rebuilding is when you rip it all down and start over!

Not the same!

We are adding brake pads and changing the fluid!

PECKERWOOD
09-07-2007, 03:10 PM
We've been rebuilding since the late 90's.

PECKERWOOD
09-07-2007, 03:16 PM
P.S.

I hate the term rebuilding. I want the best capable players on the field NOW. I want a team designed to win NOW, not 5 million years from now.

Wally The Barber
09-07-2007, 03:19 PM
P.S.

I hate the term rebuilding. I want the best capable players on the field NOW. I want a team designed to win NOW, not 5 million years from now.

I have been saying that for the last 5 million years!

PECKERWOOD
09-07-2007, 03:31 PM
I have been saying that for the last 5 million years!

Well then, CHEERS WALLY! :cheers: