PDA

View Full Version : 3 Keys to beating Denver

patmoran2006
09-07-2007, 05:23 PM
1- A solid game from the Bills "other" ball catchers. I highly doubt that Evans and Price are going to have a lot of success against Bailey and Bly. I sure as hell wouldn't base my game plan on it. To me, success can come over the middle if Royal and Reed can make some plays. Of course, Lynch needs to be a weapon coming out of the backfield, he'll create matchup problems. I dont think he'll have much success running the ball against Denver, but I think he will be effective as a pass catcher. Maybe Kevin Everett will decide its time to be a NFL player this week as well.

2- Take away Travis Henry and MAKE JAY CUTLER beat you. Move the safeties up in the box more. Swarm him. We all KNOW if you give Henry room to get going he's going to shred this defense. What we don't know is how Cutler will play. Make him beat you. If he makes the throws and goes over the top on our sorry, sorry corners; then take your hat off to him. But I'd concentrate HEAVILY on taking away Henry and making Cutler earn it through the air.

3- NO brain farts from Losman. Yes, he's better and progressing. But he's still maddening to watch. We cannot afford any stupid fumbles or God-awful interceptions against this team.

I'm not going to bother giving my predicition here because you won't like it. I will say given the schedule, this is an ENORMOUS first game for Buffalo.

TacklingDummy
09-07-2007, 05:32 PM
1) Score more points than Denver

2) Allow less point than Denver

3) The Bills defense must create turnovers and setup a short field for the Bills offense.

Thurmal
09-07-2007, 05:58 PM
How about scoring TDs in the redzone rather than field goals? I honestly can't remember the Bills being able to do this since Kelly and Co. left.

gr8slayer
09-07-2007, 05:59 PM
Nothing else matters if Losman doesn't step it up.

Thurmal
09-07-2007, 06:05 PM
Another thing (and this really applies to the entire season)...the CBs are going to have to be at least average.

Out of all the supposed holes on this team, nothing scares me more than Terrance McGee being our #1 corner.

YardRat
09-07-2007, 06:12 PM
If this offense can manage to consistently put TD's on the board instead of FG's or 3-and-outs, the defense (including the corners) are going to look pretty good.

I don't think Evans and Losman are going to hook up on along one in this game, but if they do and it's not garbage time we win.

Henry is going to be a huge factor.....load up the box to stop him, then pressure the piss out of Cutler.

The corners and LB's have to play respectable early on...I wouldn't be surprised to see Shanahan come out chucking the ball and use the pass to set up the run.

SquishDaFish
09-07-2007, 06:33 PM
Dbrown already started the same thread titles Keys to Victory I believe. Matter of fact he made 2 you couldnt see them?

Mudflap1
09-07-2007, 07:42 PM
RUN THE BALL!

Jon

X-Era
09-07-2007, 07:48 PM

3) The Bills defense must create turnovers and setup a short field for the Bills offense.

1 and 2 are the same, 3 is the only one that shows insight

Philagape
09-07-2007, 08:13 PM
The offense needs to turn it up several notches so they maintain a lead and force Denver to throw. If not, expect another eight-minute drive to end the game.

jamze132
09-08-2007, 03:32 AM
The key to beating Denver this week is to line up with 4 wideouts 90% of the time so we can spread the field. I don't think there is a DB that can keep up with Parish.

Plus, they are running a new defensive scheme this year and the first game of the season the right time.

njsue
09-08-2007, 06:09 AM
Play smart football.

No turnovers!!! :pray:

Let mr. lynch pound the football down their throats. :bad:

more cowbell
09-08-2007, 11:44 AM
run the ball and keep our D and henry off the field

if we run the ball well and throw short effective passes we will win

raphael120
09-08-2007, 11:51 AM

John Madden, is that you?