PDA

View Full Version : What I like about the BIlls

patmoran2006
09-08-2007, 09:44 AM
Since everybody thinks I don't like the Bills, or at the very least I have NOTHING positive to say about them.

1 day before the opener I'd like to list some things about the team that I do indeed like.

* I think Lee Evans is a top 5 WR in the NFL. IF he played in a city like New York, Miami or Dallas he'd be on ESPN being talked about by Sean Salisbury on a daily basis.

* I think Lynch will be an upgrade over McGahee. Maybe not in week one, but certainly before the end of the season.

* I've always been a big fan of Jason Peters. As long as he doesn't let his newly found hype go to his head, he'll be a dominant LT for the next several years.

* If he gets a chance to pin his ears back, nobody in the league is better at getting after the QB than Aaron Schobel.

* I see a TON of potential in Whitner and Simpson at safety- especially in Whitner. Hard to call the potential version of Bob Sanders in this defense a "reach" anymore from last year.

* I think Poz is going to struggle in pass coverage as a rookie, but should be stronger against the run immediately than Fletcher was last year.

* Our special teams is better than anyone else's. We probably win a game or two this year because of special team play alone.

* I love Losman's attitude.

* Angelo Crowell is a very good LB, I thought before his injury last year he was becoming the best LB on the team, and that included Fletch and Spikes.

* Dockery is a HUGE upgrade at guard over anyone we've had since Ruben Brown several years ago.

* I think Parrish will never be a consistent #2 WR, but I think he's going to improve over last year and make some big plays. His hands look much better this preseason also.

* Lastly, I am extremely impressed with the character of this team. Talk to almost anyone on the squad and they say the right things, and they act the right way. Eventually, that's going to translate to the field.

Summary: While I predict a sucky record (4-5 wins this year) based on too much youth, inexperienced and a killer schedule; there is enough young talent on this team and a future STAR QB on this roster (Edwards) that there is no reason for this team to NOT be a LEGITIMATE playoff contender in 2008. and I'm not talking "if things go right" either; legit I said.

TacklingDummy
09-08-2007, 09:48 AM
Pat, you can try all you want, you are now considered a JP hater.

Welcome to the club.

P.S. Can you make a list of things you don't like about the Bills?

patmoran2006
09-08-2007, 09:54 AM
It would be longer than this list, I can tell you that.

Scumbag College
09-08-2007, 10:08 AM
Since everybody thinks I don't like the Bills, or at the very least I have NOTHING positive to say about them.

1 day before the opener I'd like to list some things about the team that I do indeed like.

* I think Lee Evans is a top 5 WR in the NFL. IF he played in a city like New York, Miami or Dallas he'd be on ESPN being talked about by Sean Salisbury on a daily basis.

* I think Lynch will be an upgrade over McGahee. Maybe not in week one, but certainly before the end of the season.

* I've always been a big fan of Jason Peters. As long as he doesn't let his newly found hype go to his head, he'll be a dominant LT for the next several years.

* If he gets a chance to pin his ears back, nobody in the league is better at getting after the QB than Aaron Schobel.

* I see a TON of potential in Whitner and Simpson at safety- especially in Whitner. Hard to call the potential version of Bob Sanders in this defense a "reach" anymore from last year.

* I think Poz is going to struggle in pass coverage as a rookie, but should be stronger against the run immediately than Fletcher was last year.

* Our special teams is better than anyone else's. We probably win a game or two this year because of special team play alone.

* I love Losman's attitude.

* Angelo Crowell is a very good LB, I thought before his injury last year he was becoming the best LB on the team, and that included Fletch and Spikes.

* Dockery is a HUGE upgrade at guard over anyone we've had since Ruben Brown several years ago.

* I think Parrish will never be a consistent #2 WR, but I think he's going to improve over last year and make some big plays. His hands look much better this preseason also.

* Lastly, I am extremely impressed with the character of this team. Talk to almost anyone on the squad and they say the right things, and they act the right way. Eventually, that's going to translate to the field.

Summary: While I predict a sucky record (4-5 wins this year) based on too much youth, inexperienced and a killer schedule; there is enough young talent on this team and a future STAR QB on this roster (Edwards) that there is no reason for this team to NOT be a LEGITIMATE playoff contender in 2008. and I'm not talking "if things go right" either; legit I said.

I agree with all of the points about why you like the Bills. The only thing I don't agree with in this post is that the Bills are a 4-5 win team this year. I think that, with the exception of Clements, every starter that was lost to FA, cut, or traded will be an upgrade to what the Bills had in 2006.

The offense will be better with the bolstered OL, letting the RBs and yes, the TEs, get involved in the passing game more than just staying in and blocking. (I think Royal has 40+ catches this year because he'll be running patterns, not staying in and helping to pass protect. I know it's not Gates or Gonzalez type of numbers, but will be noticeable.) I also think with the Bills rotation at RB that they will stay fresh not only throughout the games, but all season long. These factors will help in the red zone turning Lindell FGs into Evans, Royal, Lynch, Wright, etc. TDs.

The defense is young at alot of positions and will make mistakes, but they are an athletic, fast bunch that will also make some big plays this year. The defense will also give up yardage, but really had the ability during the preseason to tighten up in the red zone and stop teams in the red zone. Factor in the special teams play on coverage and returns, and I expect the Bills to win many battles of field position this year in their games.

I think this is the year that the Bills put things together. The one or two plays in close games last year that led to a Bills lost, will turn around and go their way.

:monkeyp: on Denver tomorrow.

shelby
09-08-2007, 11:22 AM
Thank you Pat, it's nice to read a positive thread from you for a change.

i wish Op would make a list of what he likes about the Bills!

:gobills:

The last buffalo fan
09-08-2007, 12:05 PM
Throwback Uniforms

Oaf
09-08-2007, 01:03 PM
Thank you Pat, it's nice to read a positive thread from you for a change.

i wish Op would make a list of what he likes about the Bills!

:gobills:
He tried, but unfortunately, you can't create blank threads.

SquishDaFish
09-08-2007, 03:23 PM
:roflmao: @ OAF

Pat its good to see you post something positive for a change. But Edwards will have to be a star on the bench because JP isnt losing that job for a while.