PDA

View Full Version : Michigan Wolverines

DraftBoy
09-08-2007, 04:23 PM
Down 32-7 at half to Oregon after last week's embarassing loss to App State, does anybody know what their problem is?

Mr. Pink
09-08-2007, 04:27 PM
I'm watching the game and their defense is absolutely attrocious. They seem slow to the ball, slow on coverages, slow on everything. Instead of being aggresive they almost seem like they're sitting back and waiting to react on every play.

TheGhostofJimKelly
09-08-2007, 04:29 PM
The defense is awful against the spread offense. Dennis Dixon is just tearing them apart. Oregon has scored on 5 of 6 possessions. They are also missing tackles all over the field.

The offense is just not working. They had 6 possessions in Oregon's territory and came away with 7 points.

I can't believe the Big 10 has gotten this bad.

LtFinFan66
09-08-2007, 05:14 PM
WOW!! 39-7 now. WTF is wrong with Michigan!! Carr will be gone this year!

How is Michigan sucking it up making the Big 10 as a whole bad:idunno:

Mr. Pink
09-08-2007, 05:18 PM
I gotta give Mike Hart a lot of credit...hobbling around on an obviously bad hammy. Waves whoever Carr was sending in to replace him off the field...and making a nice block.

Outside of Hart though in the second half, the entire team looks terrible and appears to have quit.

This is the quietest I've heard a game at the "big house" though.

DraftBoy
09-08-2007, 05:50 PM
WOW!! 39-7 now. WTF is wrong with Michigan!! Carr will be gone this year!

How is Michigan sucking it up making the Big 10 as a whole bad:idunno:
Just this week;
Minnesotta needed OT to beat Miami (OH)
Ohio State looked horrible v. Akron, but won 20-2
Northwestern squeaked by Nevada 36-31
Purdue crushed Eastern Illinois 52-6
Michigan St beat Bowling Green 28-17
Michigan is losing to Oregon 39-7
Penn State is tied with a rebuilding Notre Dame 7-7

In week 1 Illinois (who was supposed to be much improved) lose to a young Missouri team, and Minnesota lost to Bowling Green. So far the top team in the Big 10 has been Purdue based on performance not just W-L.

At this rate Wisconsin or maybe Penn State will win the conference running away with it, and if Ohio State doesnt figure out how to get their O started they are going to be in trouble once they get through their cupcake start which they apparently badly needed. Wells finally looked good today going for 140 yards on the ground.

LtFinFan66
09-08-2007, 05:52 PM
Ohio State's D was dominent. Their O needs to quit turning it over!!

YardRat
09-08-2007, 05:54 PM
:lolpoint: Michigan

LtFinFan66
09-08-2007, 05:56 PM
So ND is rebuilding??

What about Ohio State?? Lost their heismann winning QB, top 2 receivers and their top RB plus their center yet their aren't rebuilding?? WTF

Teams like ND and Ohio State don't rebuild.....they reload!!

DraftBoy
09-08-2007, 05:56 PM
Ohio State's D was dominent. Their O needs to quit turning it over!!

Not hard to look dominant against Youngstown State and Akron...

DraftBoy
09-08-2007, 05:58 PM
So ND is rebuilding??

What about Ohio State?? Lost their heismann winning QB, top 2 receivers and their top RB plus their center yet their aren't rebuilding?? WTF

Smith and Ginn arent big losses to your team, Gonzalez and Pittman Ill give you. You maybe reload Notre Dame however is rebuilding with new recruits from our new coach.

LtFinFan66
09-08-2007, 05:58 PM
I don't care who you play, 12 straight 3 and outs is dominent.

Not my fault ND is scared to give up their TV contract and join the Big 10

DraftBoy
09-08-2007, 06:00 PM

yes we are scared to start our season against a DII team and a team from the MAC. My fault for playing the the ACC team which made it to their championship game last year, and a veteran Big 10 team who some have picked to win the conference. But yes we are scared...:rolleyes:

LtFinFan66
Smith and Ginn arent big losses to your team, Gonzalez and Pittman Ill give you. You maybe reload Notre Dame however is rebuilding with new recruits from our new coach.Smith and Ginn aren't big losses!! :rofl:

You must be drunk Draftboy. So I guess Quinn isn't a big loss for ND. I need to rethink the respect I have been giving your knowledge:rofl:

Quit making excuses for ND

DraftBoy

Some High School teams could beat Akron at this point, I wouldnt gloat too much

DraftBoy
09-08-2007, 06:04 PM
Smith and Ginn aren't big losses!! :rofl:

You must be drunk Draftboy. So I guess Quinn isn't a big loss for ND. I need to rethink the respect I have been giving your knowledge:rofl:

Troy Smith was a good college QB, and Ill give you that he did alot for your school, I was thinking of him too much about how his game will translate to the next level, as for Ginn your well aware of my opinion of him. Gonzalez and Pittman did a hell of a lot more for Ohio State last year than Ginn. Quinn isnt a big loss because we already recruited our next QB and maybe the next one (if we land Pryor too) it will be a rough transition but losing Walker a year earlier may hurt more, and also losing Shark and McKnight hurts more only recruiting one decent WR in Kamara.

LtFinFan66
09-08-2007, 06:04 PM
You have been scared for 20 years. I hate ND fans and this is why. If they don't perform, they are rebuilding yet other teams just suck. I am done with this because you are nuts and I am going to bed.

Yet you guys play how many service academies??? Amazing the crap you throw out the trying to protect your Irish.

DraftBoy
09-08-2007, 06:05 PM
Smith and Ginn aren't big losses!! :rofl:

Whose making excuses for ND? I didnt once say we didnt lose a game or gloat about beating up on a DII or MAC team, we got our ass handed to us last week and fully deserved it.

Night Train
09-08-2007, 06:05 PM
Wisconson looks like the clear favorite right now in the conference. They have all along.

Still, Michigan is choking badly. Oregon had well over 600 yards in Offense today. It could still get worse. Now everyone will run a spread against them.

LtFinFan66
09-08-2007, 06:06 PM
Some High School teams could beat Akron at this point, I wouldnt gloat too muchI haven't gloated at all. The offense played like crap. I am just fighting how things seem to be ok for ND but not other big programs

Yeah and USC could beat the worst NFL team. Would not happen and a high school team would not beat a college team.

DraftBoy
09-08-2007, 06:06 PM
You have been scared for 20 years. I hate ND fans and this is why. If they don't perform, they are rebuilding yet other teams just suck. I am done with this because you are nuts and I am going to bed.

Yet you guys play how many service academies??? Amazing the crap you throw out the trying to protect your Irish.

Amazing for the third time and Ive called you out on it every time though you refuse to acknowledge it that we dont just schedule these academies like you do v. Akron, Youngstown St. We have contracts with them which they get all the proceeds from. I dont like playing them, I have said so but like a typical fan who hates the Irish you dont want to acknowledge that fact. Of course you'll claim ignorance and end the discussion. Im sure we'll pick it up in a week or 2 again, have a good night.

DraftBoy
09-08-2007, 06:07 PM
I haven't gloated at all. The offense played like crap. I am just fighting how things seem to be ok for ND but not other big programs

How are things ok for ND? We got our ass kicked last week and are losing this week, things are far from ok, who the hell said they were?

tat2dmike77
09-08-2007, 06:07 PM
I heard this rumor that claussin was going to pick up where quinn left off. Don't cry about "cupcake" teams ND has thier fair share of them on thier schedule as well.

Oh and michigans problem is just that thier michigan M GO BLOW

LtFinFan66
09-08-2007, 06:08 PM
Whose making excuses for ND? I didnt once say we didnt lose a game or gloat about beating up on a DII or MAC team, we got our ass handed to us last week and fully deserved it.Show me one post I gloated in???

DraftBoy
09-08-2007, 06:09 PM
Wisconson looks like the clear favorite right now in the conference. They have all along.

Still, Michigan is choking badly. Oregon had well over 600 yards in Offense today. It could still get worse. Now everyone will run a spread against them.

I think you'll see alot of teams run a more spread out gameplan though now seeing how badly Michigan plays against it. I know that Ohio State and Notre Dame fans are relishing in watching Michigan suck. For Notre Dame fans its the only thing positive we have going this year.

DraftBoy
09-08-2007, 06:10 PM
Show me one post I gloated in???

Show me where I made an excuse? If you can make up untrue statements, so can I.

but your stopping Akron 12x 3rd and out is a wee bit of gloating.

DraftBoy
09-08-2007, 06:11 PM
I heard this rumor that claussin was going to pick up where quinn left off. Don't cry about "cupcake" teams ND has thier fair share of them on thier schedule as well.

Whoever said that was dumb, and yes we do though most are contracts not scheduled, but it doesnt make it any better. Still wish we were part of the Big 11.

Mr. Pink

^5 GO BLOW!

LtFinFan66
How are things ok for ND? We got our ass kicked last week and are losing this week, things are far from ok, who the hell said they were?I was refering that it is OK for ND to be rebuilding but Ohio State can't be rebuilding. That can be considered a cop out because you use it to excuse poor play. ND nor Ohio State are rebuilding. Retooling perhaps and they have to work things out during a retooling

Bedtime!! Out of Baghdad in less than 24 hours! :cheers::

tat2dmike77
09-08-2007, 06:12 PM
Stop crying about cupcake teams ND has thier fair share as well AF, Duke standford and Navy. But cause it's ND thier allowed to have cupcake teams cause they are gods of college football. Get over yourself. Instead of scheduling your cupcakes at the end of the season try it at the start so you won't look so crappy.

OH BTW TD PSU

DraftBoy
09-08-2007, 06:13 PM
I was refering that it is OK for ND to be rebuilding but Ohio State can't be rebuilding. That can be considered a cop out because you use it to excuse poor play. ND nor Ohio State are rebuilding. Retooling perhaps and they have to work things out during a retooling

Bedtime!! Out of Baghdad in less than 24 hours! :cheers::

Retooling is the same as rebuilding just a term big time schools like to use because the word "rebuild" is somehow a dirty word. Keep your head down and get back stateside safe!

DraftBoy
09-08-2007, 06:14 PM
Stop crying about cupcake teams ND has thier fair share as well AF, Duke standford and Navy. But cause it's ND thier allowed to have cupcake teams cause they are gods of college football. Get over yourself. Instead of scheduling your cupcakes at the end of the season try it at the start so you won't look so crappy.

OH BTW TD PSU

Did you see my response to your first post? And yea I saw it, Weiss is going to have to let Claussen use his arm some if we are going to keep it close.

LtFinFan66
09-08-2007, 06:15 PM
Show me where I made an excuse? If you can make up untrue statements, so can I.

but your stopping Akron 12x 3rd and out is a wee bit of gloating.Not gloating at all. I had said their D was dominent today. You countered with it's not to hard to be dominent against Akron. I countered with I don't care what college you are playing, 12 straight 3 and outs is dominent. If you think that's gloating then you need to rethink that

DraftBoy
09-08-2007, 06:18 PM
Not gloating at all. I had said their D was dominent today. You countered with it's not to hard to be dominent against Akron. I countered with I don't care what college you are playing, 12 straight 3 and outs is dominent. If you think that's gloating then you need to rethink that

its definitely dominent, but against the level of comp, I wouldnt use it to put a ton of faith in my D, though I doubt you guys will have many problems.

Mr. Pink
09-08-2007, 06:20 PM
I have to say this...

Notre Dame seems to like their independent status so they can play a relatively easy schedule. And end up in a bowl game that people actually care about. Anytime they play a good school, especially lately, they get their asses handed to them.

Last year if ND was a Big Ten/11 school, they'd have been playing in the motor city bowl or similiarly non-mattering bowl game. I can't completely blame ND for staying independent though, they probably get more revenue by doing such.

And no, I'm not entirely dissing Notre Dame football...they have had their share of good players and teams over the years...thing is, they're grossly over rated year after year due to the media constantly glad handing them.

DraftBoy
09-08-2007, 06:22 PM
I have to say this...

Notre Dame seems to like their independent status so they can play a relatively easy schedule. And end up in a bowl game that people actually care about. Anytime they play a good school, especially lately, they get their asses handed to them.

Last year if ND was a Big Ten/11 school, they'd have been playing in the motor city bowl or similiarly non-mattering bowl game. I can't completely blame ND for staying independent though, they probably get more revenue by doing such.

And no, I'm not entirely dissing Notre Dame football...they have had their share of good players and teams over the years...thing is, they're grossly over rated year after year due to the media constantly glad handing them.

Complete agreement on all accounts and we are by far the highest raking football program in the nation, esp when we go to a BCS game even if we get our ass handed to us.

TheGhostofJimKelly
09-08-2007, 07:31 PM
Next week will be the big test for the Big 10

Michigan v. Notre Dame
Penn St v. UB
Citadel v. Wisconsin

Oh wait, there will be a game, Ohio State v. Washington.

DraftBoy
09-08-2007, 08:00 PM
Next week will be the big test for the Big 10

Michigan v. Notre Dame
Penn St v. UB
Citadel v. Wisconsin

Oh wait, there will be a game, Ohio State v. Washington.
So we have the toilet bowl, good money for UB, Wisconsin yawner, and a tough test for Ohio State.

DraftBoy
09-08-2007, 08:20 PM
With today's pitiful loss by Notre Dame this is the first time in history that both Notre Dame and Michigan have started the year 0-2. So what does everyone think their problem is?

TheGhostofJimKelly
09-09-2007, 05:42 AM
So we have the toilet bowl, good money for UB, Wisconsin yawner, and a tough test for Ohio State.
Something tells me my sarcasm was missed.

It does set up a possible match between Jimmy Claussen and Ryan Mallett, the top two QB recruits from this past year. Henne got hurt and it didn't sound like he was going to be playing next week.

LtFinFan66
09-09-2007, 07:16 AM
Ohio State opens with USC next year. Unless they schedule a game prior to that one. Is that better??

TheGhostofJimKelly
09-09-2007, 09:08 AM
So ND is rebuilding??

No doubt, these teams reload, LSU lost it's starting QB, WRs,and their best defensive player, yet they look like the best team in the nation.

DraftBoy
09-09-2007, 09:32 AM
Something tells me my sarcasm was missed.

It does set up a possible match between Jimmy Claussen and Ryan Mallett, the top two QB recruits from this past year. Henne got hurt and it didn't sound like he was going to be playing next week.

when did his injury happen? I saw him play all the way till the end of the 1st half and I didnt notice any type of injury to him. A Claussen v. Mallet matchup will be fun to watch but Michigan has the upper hand, with Manningham, that guy killed us last year, and likely will this year. Also if Weiss only calls swing passes all game next week we'll get crushed again.

DraftBoy
09-09-2007, 09:34 AM
Ohio State opens with USC next year. Unless they schedule a game prior to that one. Is that better??

Whats the rest of the out of conference schedule look like? Penn State played us this year but the rest of their out of schedule is teams below 150 in the nation. Florida is the same way, as is a number of teams. This isnt just an Ohio State problem, its a college football problem. I dont mind 1 cupcake game to play but playing 3 or 4 is ridiculous.