PDA

View Full Version : Please extend Winfields contract

BillsFanInMass
03-22-2003, 05:31 AM
I think that TD should definately extend the contract for Winfield. Just becase he had no int's last year doesnt mean a thing. Alot of teams didnt even throw in his direction cause he had his receiver shut down and had way less shots at getting int's. I think Winfield is the hardest hitter in the NFL and ive never seen a CB who plays the run as well as him. He is clearly our best corner and we should definately not let him go after next year. We have the best 2 shut down corners in buffalo since Thomas Smith and Jeff Burris. So please TD extend his contract you wont regret it use some of that extra cap space act now before we get into a serious bidding war after next season. We could probably get him at a reasonable cost since he had no int's last year.

ublinkwescore
03-22-2003, 06:32 AM
I second that TD. Get to work TD.

venis2k1
03-22-2003, 07:19 AM
For the record, i think Clements is better, having said that...Get to work TD, get winfeild tied down

BFBills
03-22-2003, 08:32 AM
yah you bum...get to work...you now it's been one full half day sence you did any thing....:ape: = TD

BFBills
03-22-2003, 08:32 AM
:jk:

BillsFanInMass
03-22-2003, 09:00 AM
I seen clements get burned alot last year. Alot of teams threw at him giving him more opportunities to get the Int's

HenryRules
03-22-2003, 09:17 AM
I dunno ... after the Bly signing, the price for signing a CB went way up this offseason ... I'd much rather wait and try to do it before next March 1st then to get going on it right now.

ublinkwescore
03-22-2003, 11:21 AM
Winfield please stay a Buffalo Bill pal.

We love ya here.

Be a part of something great.

The Superbowl Trophy is now our clandestiny.

LABillsFan
03-22-2003, 11:26 AM
Who on the Bills had a good season getting turnovers? The way the D was playing, players couldn't rely on others to handle their responsibility making it more difficult to do their own. The D with the new players and new coaches will be improved, I really think QB's will be airing it out more to avoid sacks and taking more chances due to less time to find an open receiver. As far as getting burned, EVERY corner gets burned, I can deal with that because it's such a tough position.

Ron C.
03-22-2003, 04:31 PM
I believe the Bills are happy with Winfield's open field ability, but are concerned with his lack of big play ability (e.g. takeaways). They appear more willing to "lock-up" Clements than to commit to Winfield. This is not to say they don't want Winfield, it's just at what cost?