PDA

View Full Version : Den wins.. My thoughts

patmoran2006
09-09-2007, 03:47 PM
This is hard. Im sick to my stomach right now.

First, the good.
* Lynch is the real ****ing deal. HE doesn't like to go down. That TD run was awesome. He's going to be a STAR in this league and I wouldn't be shocked now to see him win ROY.

* Special teams.. What more can you say about them? Unbelievable.

* I thought Josh Reed played great today. The OL looked decent, especially in pass protection. Peters was great. Didnt hear his name much, so that means Walker played decent.

* Poz was confused and outta place at times, but played pretty well for a rookie playing his first game.

* I think both DE's played pretty good.

NOW.. The bad

* The coaching was horrible, and I truly think this staff sucks. 3:32 left on the clock and you get the ball with a two point lead. On second down, you run a ****ing sweep to the SHORT side of the field which Lynch ended up forced out. And then you come back with a bomb on 3rd and 5?? JESUS christ, even if the corner falls down by accident its STILL not a high % play. That was the play of the game right there. I truly think Jauron sucks and although it wont happen, he needs to get fired.. Being a nice guy the players respect dont mean **** if your a brutal game day coach, and make no mistake about it......he is.

* I dont care what your stance on Losman was before or after the game. Today he flat out sucked and looked like a lost rookie. Digression with a capital D. Another foolish INT before halftime.. He almost trips over his own feet handing the ball off to A-Train. Left short a few throws to open WR's, especially a third down throw to Parrish who was wide open... And what the ****, was Kelly Holcomb still playing? What the **** is up with these short passes on 3rd and long again????????

These two tie into together. It couldnt be anymore ****ing obvious that Jauron and/or Fairchild had NO CONFIDENCE in Losman. I mean (and it ended up working out) they resorted to running on 3rd and long plays in the second half. Probably half of Losman's attempts were 7 yards or less.. He's not that kind of QB and WTF, if thats the offense you're going to run, if your coaches are THAT scared of streching defenses, then you may as well put Edwards is, who is far better with short throwing accuracy.

But blaming it on the coaching alone is the latest convienant Losman excuse. He ****ing flat-out SUCKED today, and he did absolutely nothing to help his team win the game. Even if we had held on and won, it would've been in spite of Losman, not because of him.

* We debated all summer long about how bad our CB's were. I don't think there can be a debate anymore. If this is not the WORST set of starting corners in the NFL, I'd love to see them. They were used and abused all day long. Jason WEbster is a total joke--no wonder Atlanta drafted two CB's then cut him.. He's brutal. And you'd think after about a million successful slant passes our corners would start to cheat a little to take that play away. Of course not though, these corners just flat-out suck.

* Our run defense played exactly the way we thought it would; pathetic. Henry had 139 and thank God they werent sitting on a lead and running more, he may have ended with 239.

SUMMARY: There's the old saying.. "Good teams find a way to win, bad teams find a way to lose." THat is precisely what happened today. We are a bad football team right now, and we found a way to lose. Good teams put others away when its 3rd and 23 in the final two minutes. Bad teams allow erractic QB's like Jay Cutler to get away with his mistakes. Bad teams allow offenses to convert two straight fourth downs. Bad teams dont put away the opposition when they have numerous chances.

Argue it all you want, right now this is just a bad football team. However, except for a few painfully obvious sore spots (CB and today QB) the talent is fine. This is a bad football team right now for their horrible game day coaching as any player on the field.

It's going to be a long season..... The BIlls dont have a winner mentality, and Im sorry, they dont have a QB with a winner mentality either. We will lose more than just a handful of close games where the consensus will be we should've won.

I could already see this game filed away as a game after the season where Skooby says "we should've won".

We should NOT have won today.. We didnt deserve to. When the best player on your offense is a rookie playing his first game, and your QB plays like that; you don't deserve to win.

Kerr
09-09-2007, 03:52 PM
Agree, Pat. However, although I haven't given up on JP yet, he really laid an egg today. I can't think of a more frustrating opening day bills game i've seen than this one.

Nighthawk
09-09-2007, 03:54 PM
I agree with some of your point and in particular, I agree that this coaching staff is horrible. Can somebody please tell me what the gameplan was today???

DynaPaul
09-09-2007, 03:55 PM
Why couldn't we have just lost the game in the 3rd quarter rather than the last 3 seconds?

Why does this team always do this? They drag you on all game like they're gonna hang on and then break your heart. The end of this game was almost as painful as Wide Right and the Homerun Throwback.

patmoran2006
09-09-2007, 03:56 PM
Agree, Pat. However, although I haven't given up on JP yet, he really laid an egg today. I can't think of a more frustrating opening day bills game i've seen than this one.
Didnt say we should give up on JP yet. The only people who actually seemed to give up on JP were the coaching staff with that brutal pass play calling for 55 minutes.

PECKERWOOD
I agree with some of your point and in particular, I agree that this coaching staff is horrible. Can somebody please tell me what the gameplan was today???

Our gameplan was for our offense to not score any points. If it weren't for Marshawn Lynch that game plan would have been successful gosh darn it.

Scumbag College
Unfortunately I agree, especially the last part about being a long season and not having a winner mentality. Looking at the stats and if you take away Parrish's punt return and the usually dependable Elam missing two FGs, the Bills got their asses handed to them. A good team would have found a way...a way to get a first down with two minutes left, a way to stop Denver on third and 23, etc.

This is not a good team, and like Clubber Lang, I predict pain.

Crisis
09-09-2007, 03:58 PM

Jacksonville is definitely up there.

4th and 26?

historypete
09-09-2007, 03:59 PM
I'm not willing to throw in the towel on JP yet either. But Pat is right, he flat out sucked today, but the play-calling was atrocious also and that plays a small part I think.

I'm afraid that if they put in Edwards and he falls on his face (most likely because he is a rookie) then people will say he is a bust without giving him any time to develop. I wouldn't start Edwards until the 12th week, and that is only if JP has completely fallen on his face. I know people will say he's been in the league 4 years, but I still think he is developing and needs game experience. With that said it is not an open-ended commitment in my mind. I think 12 weeks is a good enough gauge before switching to Edwards.

By the way, I just really wish they would throw out that WR screen play. It is completely useless, and they always find themselves in 2nd or 3rd and long afterwards

patmoran2006
09-09-2007, 03:59 PM
Typical Fairchild O.C. ego massaging.

Overly conservative when we shouldn't be, then try to cute when its time to put the other team away.

Historian
09-09-2007, 04:00 PM
Frankly, I'm tired of the whole thing.

And I'm especially tired of the culture of losing that Wilson has established here.

Bills fans deserve better.

SquishDaFish
I agree with most of your post PAt. Yes Jp laid an egg today. The Coaching sucked ass big time! But when you say we have talent everywhere except QB and CB your blind. JP has alot of talent that he better ****ing find. And McGee isnt bad and is very talented. Now Webster BLOWS!

patmoran2006
BTW.

I only recall Losman throwing one pass to Lynch for 15 yards.

Is that the only time Lynch got thrown the ball? If the answer is yes, my question for the playcallers is.. why?

Crisis
09-09-2007, 04:01 PM
It's time to retire #21.

Punt Catcher, McGahee, and Webster?

Nighthawk
09-09-2007, 04:02 PM

And I'm especially tired of the culture of losing that Wilson has established here.

That is the most true post I've seen on this board in a long time! If you want to get to the bottom of our problems, you must start with Ralphy.

Scumbag College
09-09-2007, 04:02 PM

Am I alone but when the Bills punted the ball the last time did anyone else have that sinking, last second lost feeling in their stomach. I hate thinking that way, but I even felt it when the Broncos pulled to 14-12.

djjimkelly
09-09-2007, 04:04 PM
i actually dont see how JP layed an egg.

he ran the plays the coaching staff called

A TRAIN HAS NO PLACE ON THIS ROSTER

bills went inside denvers 30 4 times today

1 series they left in lynch we scored a TD

3 series we put in thomas on 1st down and moved backwards.

twice on denvers 20 the broncos hit JP in less then 2 seconds.

blame the coaching staff for not taking any chances today.

WE PLAYED NOT TO LOSE NO SORRY WE COACHED NOT TO LOSE TODAY AND THAT ISNT ANY PLAYERS FAULT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oaf
09-09-2007, 04:04 PM
Jax three years ago anyone?

Kerr
09-09-2007, 04:05 PM
Smart teams find a ways to win and take advantage of opportunities given to them. Dumb teams find ways to lose and do not take advantage of the opportunities given to them. This is why NE has been so successful the last few years. Belichek has built smart teams. They hardly blow gimme plays. Right now, Buffalo is a dumb team. They don't take advantage of the opportunities(eg. Mcgee drops 2 ints, Kelsay misses a sack). They just find ways to shoot themselves in the foot.

Kerr
09-09-2007, 04:08 PM
Jax three years ago anyone?

This was far worse.

djjimkelly
09-09-2007, 04:11 PM
also i dont know if any has noticed this over the last 17 games.

this coaching staff doesnt seem interested in going up 2 scores. we go crazy conservative and never try to take advantage of being in the lead

historypete
09-09-2007, 04:13 PM
we go crazy conservative and never try to take advantage of being in the lead

I think that is a direct reflection of Jauron.<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

DraftBoy
09-09-2007, 04:13 PM
I agree with most of your post PAt. Yes Jp laid an egg today. The Coaching sucked ass big time! But when you say we have talent everywhere except QB and CB your blind. JP has alot of talent that he better ****ing find. And McGee isnt bad and is very talented. Now Webster BLOWS!

Toast is horible Webster to, and JP may have a crap of potential talent unfortunately his head gets in the way.

djjimkelly
09-09-2007, 04:15 PM
This was far worse.

how about opening day vs jets like 6 years ago the KO score

Akhippo
09-09-2007, 04:16 PM
I hope if we start to lose, we lose completely. If were are not going to be good, at least we could make the best of it. We could turn this upcoming draft into money. We have talent, especially from what i saw from this past draft class. A stud DT, corner and WR would make this team at least dangerous. Now without any sort of offensive or defensive identity, its all for naught. Our offense doesnt seem to know what they want to do.
They dont have any real go to plays like Denver did with the skinny post. I think they have a hat with a bunch of plays that they pull from. Third and 5 to ice the game, the lucky bingo number is.... deep post?

TacklingDummy
09-09-2007, 04:18 PM
Maybe JP and the rest of the 1st string offense should have played more than 2 series in the last pre-season game.

DynaPaul
09-09-2007, 04:19 PM
Maybe JP and the rest of the 1st string offense should have played more than 2 series in the last pre-season game.

They shoulda played the WHOLE preseason!

Kerr
09-09-2007, 04:20 PM
how about opening day vs jets like 6 years ago the KO score

This game was like getting **** blocked.

lordofgun
09-09-2007, 04:23 PM
A few years ago against the Jets was pretty frustrating.

YardRat
09-09-2007, 04:26 PM
I'm calling bull**** on the coaching angle, to a certain point.

How many times today did JP once again refuse to drop, set and throw? Third and five and they call a bomb to Evans, which SHOULD have been a completion and a TD, is HARDLY conservative. Jauron challenged a play, and won.

Kerr
09-09-2007, 04:27 PM
A few years ago against the Jets was pretty frustrating.

Yeah there have been others, but this was far more frustrating for me.

djjimkelly
09-09-2007, 04:27 PM
how about we question this coaching staff that they allowed JP to only have 21 pass attempts he hit 2/3rds of his attemtps. u know they rest of the qbs in this league get to throw 30 balls a game. our coaching staff dont beleive in throwing ball 30 times we think a 3 point lead means run the clock

DraftBoy
09-09-2007, 04:29 PM
I'm calling bull**** on the coaching angle, to a certain point.

How many times today did JP once again refuse to drop, set and throw? Third and five and they call a bomb to Evans, which SHOULD have been a completion and a TD, is HARDLY conservative. Jauron challenged a play, and won.

His happy feet continually kill his midrange throws the one to Parrish in the first half that he bounced about 5 yards short was a great example of such. If we cant get the kid to set his feet we will never be successful.

DraftBoy
09-09-2007, 04:30 PM
how about we question this coaching staff that they allowed JP to only have 21 pass attempts he hit 2/3rds of his attemtps. u know they rest of the qbs in this league get to throw 30 balls a game. our coaching staff dont beleive in throwing ball 30 times we think a 3 point lead means run the clock

throwing the ball more means more chances to stop the clock, I have no concerns about throwing the ball 21 times, sounds about right to me.

Nighthawk
09-09-2007, 04:30 PM
JP and the coaching staff were not good, but to let either off from blame would be ignorant. They both were brutal. This coaching staff and JP don't mix.

deepslant
09-09-2007, 04:38 PM
JP flunked his first test of the year. I don't believe Fairchild doesn't trust him with a full game plan but that JP is unable to follow through with the entire set of reads for each pass play. On 4 receiver sets he was throwing it into the flats and never looking down field. He almost got Marshawn, our franchise, killed AGAIN on a swing out. JP needs to get set in the pocket, make his ****ing reads, quick release to the open receiver, and move the chains. The #1 and #2 receivers were blanketed today, as expected by Bailey and Bly, but Fairchild thru 3 and 4 receiver formations but it was all for naught.

Ya, the bomb on 3rd down was ludricous. It's as if Fairchild now believes Losman is better at throwing the hail mary than a 12 yard slant. JP will not enjoy the film room this week! Damn, the Steelers are next.

patmoran2006
09-09-2007, 04:44 PM
JP and the coaching staff were not good, but to let either off from blame would be ignorant. They both were brutal. This coaching staff and JP don't mix.
I whole-heartedly agree.
JP and Jauron dont mix.

deepslant
09-09-2007, 04:49 PM
I whole-heartedly agree.
JP and Jauron dont mix.

Who ships out first?

patmoran2006
09-09-2007, 04:51 PM
Who ships out first?
If it comes to it (assuming you mean end of the season), JP I think.. Because I think Levy will be loyal to Jauron; even though I think he's a **** coach.

deepslant
09-09-2007, 04:55 PM
If it comes to it (assuming you mean end of the season), JP I think.. Because I think Levy will be loyal to Jauron; even though I think he's a **** coach.
It may be a twofer deal if both don't wake up. Man, that game BLEW.

acehole
09-09-2007, 05:11 PM
Right on below Pat and the long Bomb on 3rd and 5? was it? GEt another first down I am thinking,.....
That right there I said...um we are losing.
'
Vin

This is hard. Im sick to my stomach right now.

First, the good.
* Lynch is the real ****ing deal. HE doesn't like to go down. That TD run was awesome. He's going to be a STAR in this league and I wouldn't be shocked now to see him win ROY.

* Special teams.. What more can you say about them? Unbelievable.

* I thought Josh Reed played great today. The OL looked decent, especially in pass protection. Peters was great. Didnt hear his name much, so that means Walker played decent.

* Poz was confused and outta place at times, but played pretty well for a rookie playing his first game.

* I think both DE's played pretty good.

NOW.. The bad

* The coaching was horrible, and I truly think this staff sucks. 3:32 left on the clock and you get the ball with a two point lead. On second down, you run a ****ing sweep to the SHORT side of the field which Lynch ended up forced out. And then you come back with a bomb on 3rd and 5?? JESUS christ, even if the corner falls down by accident its STILL not a high % play. That was the play of the game right there. I truly think Jauron sucks and although it wont happen, he needs to get fired.. Being a nice guy the players respect dont mean **** if your a brutal game day coach, and make no mistake about it......he is.

* I dont care what your stance on Losman was before or after the game. Today he flat out sucked and looked like a lost rookie. Digression with a capital D. Another foolish INT before halftime.. He almost trips over his own feet handing the ball off to A-Train. Left short a few throws to open WR's, especially a third down throw to Parrish who was wide open... And what the ****, was Kelly Holcomb still playing? What the **** is up with these short passes on 3rd and long again????????

These two tie into together. It couldnt be anymore ****ing obvious that Jauron and/or Fairchild had NO CONFIDENCE in Losman. I mean (and it ended up working out) they resorted to running on 3rd and long plays in the second half. Probably half of Losman's attempts were 7 yards or less.. He's not that kind of QB and WTF, if thats the offense you're going to run, if your coaches are THAT scared of streching defenses, then you may as well put Edwards is, who is far better with short throwing accuracy.

But blaming it on the coaching alone is the latest convienant Losman excuse. He ****ing flat-out SUCKED today, and he did absolutely nothing to help his team win the game. Even if we had held on and won, it would've been in spite of Losman, not because of him.

* We debated all summer long about how bad our CB's were. I don't think there can be a debate anymore. If this is not the WORST set of starting corners in the NFL, I'd love to see them. They were used and abused all day long. Jason WEbster is a total joke--no wonder Atlanta drafted two CB's then cut him.. He's brutal. And you'd think after about a million successful slant passes our corners would start to cheat a little to take that play away. Of course not though, these corners just flat-out suck.

* Our run defense played exactly the way we thought it would; pathetic. Henry had 139 and thank God they werent sitting on a lead and running more, he may have ended with 239.

SUMMARY: There's the old saying.. "Good teams find a way to win, bad teams find a way to lose." THat is precisely what happened today. We are a bad football team right now, and we found a way to lose. Good teams put others away when its 3rd and 23 in the final two minutes. Bad teams allow erractic QB's like Jay Cutler to get away with his mistakes. Bad teams allow offenses to convert two straight fourth downs. Bad teams dont put away the opposition when they have numerous chances.

Argue it all you want, right now this is just a bad football team. However, except for a few painfully obvious sore spots (CB and today QB) the talent is fine. This is a bad football team right now for their horrible game day coaching as any player on the field.

It's going to be a long season..... The BIlls dont have a winner mentality, and Im sorry, they dont have a QB with a winner mentality either. We will lose more than just a handful of close games where the consensus will be we should've won.

I could already see this game filed away as a game after the season where Skooby says "we should've won".

We should NOT have won today.. We didnt deserve to. When the best player on your offense is a rookie playing his first game, and your QB plays like that; you don't deserve to win.

Ebenezer
09-09-2007, 06:11 PM

RW has always been the problem with this team.

Wys Guy
09-09-2007, 06:30 PM
RW has always been the problem with this team.

Yep, sure has. Of course you'd never know it from the regional media.

Mike13
09-09-2007, 06:50 PM
I didn't think you guys did that bad, then again I only saw the Parrish TD return and I only saw the score on the CBS ticker.

guy
09-09-2007, 07:00 PM
I whole-heartedly agree.
JP and Jauron dont mix. apparently you already have your opinion on jp. this game was about taking what denver gave them, and it wasnt much downfield.yea jp made a few mistakes but the biggest one was made on special teams ask robert royal.this game was about alot of mistakes by many different players. tm could of had 2 picks but couldnt hang on to the ball.some games are going to be like this and yes a mistake or 2 less and we pull it out.

billsburgh
09-10-2007, 05:33 AM
Didnt say we should give up on JP yet. The only people who actually seemed to give up on JP were the coaching staff with that brutal pass play calling for 55 minutes.
they were afraid to challenge Bly and Bailey, they were coaching scared.

billsburgh
09-10-2007, 05:34 AM

:bf1:

alohabillsfan
09-10-2007, 07:47 AM
Sure, we could blame the owner and coaches, but the bottom line is the offense failed to execute period! And that falls on the QB! Bill Belichek was never a "genius" until the Statue was injured and Brady well, you know the story. Our offense (passing) was flat out putrid (with the exception M. Lynch awesome performance) and needs to be fixed or we need to find a new Leader! I like JP but he seems nervous/anxious instead of poised and calm and frankly IMO he lacks trust right now!

I understand we will lose games, but when you have the opportunity to win and blow it, flat out sucks! I am tired of getting kicked in the nuts!