PDA

View Full Version : Should have used Lynch more...

tenplay
09-09-2007, 04:02 PM
during crunch time. He should have been in the game during the 3 & out instead of A-train. He surely would have made more out of the short pass over the middle - probably a first down. And instead of the ill-fated bomb on 3rd and 5, Losman should have passed short to Lynch coming out of the backfield. Either play would have extended our possessions and eaten up the clock. Lynch is da man!! At this point, we don't have much more going for us on O.

Elminster
09-09-2007, 04:08 PM
during crunch time. He should have been in the game during the 3 & out instead of A-train. He surely would have made more out of the short pass over the middle - probably a first down. And instead of the ill-fated bomb on 3rd and 5, Losman should have passed short to Lynch coming out of the backfield. Either play would have extended our possessions and eaten up the clock. Lynch is da man!! At this point, we don't have much more going for us on O.
But you see, we might've WON that way....and we obviously didn't want to do that....

DynaPaul
09-09-2007, 04:29 PM
Lynch was awesome. He made plays that McGahee only dreams of making. The guy doesn't go down easy and finds a way to hit daylight. After seeing A-Train in there during the spell plays I think he's pretty done. He looked slow as hell. Wright should be the backup RB.

Kerr
09-09-2007, 04:30 PM
Wright should be used more on short yardage. He's a bulldozer.

historypete
09-09-2007, 04:32 PM
That 4th and 1 carry was a great individual play by him, since he was hit 2 or 3 yards behind the line and bulled forward. He has a pretty nasty stiff arm also. I think we got to get him 30-35 touches a game between the running and passing game.

I want to see this guy line up in the slot or out wide against a LB or a Safety and do some damage. But that would require Fairchild to actually run a play like that rather than just talking about it.

Wys Guy
09-09-2007, 05:12 PM
Should have used Lynch more...

That requires good coaching. Also, you're starting to talk common sense and that's taboo at OBD.

After all, why run more when the passing game's going so well. Then again, it was Marv Levy back nearly 20 years ago who stated upon emerging from the tunnel at the half that he wanted to run more to open up the passing game.

Halftime stats:

12 carries for 16 yards (Thomas)

Kelly: 196 passing yards.

Levy then ran the ball three times each on three straight 3-and-outs to open up the second half before scraping the rushing game and letting Kelly throw it nearly winning the game.

You can connect the dots.

Nighthawk
09-09-2007, 05:14 PM
Lynch is a beast...I can't wait to see him play the rest of the season.

YardRat
09-09-2007, 05:36 PM
Lynch was used on 22 of 47 plays...almost 50%. That's about right, IMO.

YardRat
09-09-2007, 05:37 PM
That requires good coaching. Also, you're starting to talk common sense and that's taboo at OBD.

After all, why run more when the passing game's going so well. Then again, it was Marv Levy back nearly 20 years ago who stated upon emerging from the tunnel at the half that he wanted to run more to open up the passing game.

Halftime stats:

12 carries for 16 yards (Thomas)

Kelly: 196 passing yards.

Levy then ran the ball three times each on three straight 3-and-outs to open up the second half before scraping the rushing game and letting Kelly throw it nearly winning the game.

You can connect the dots.

Yeah...That Thurman guy really sucked, didn't he?

Hounds
09-09-2007, 06:37 PM
I would have liked to see the ball thrown to Lynch more. I think Evans and price were taken out of the game by the broncos two top corners but maybe some New England type screen passes to the running back would have been succesful

tenplay
09-09-2007, 06:44 PM
The Denver DBs were covering our WRs tightly and leaving the middle open for short passes. Don't know why we didn't exploit it more with short passes to Lynch out of the backfield. He has excellent hands for catching passes and hanging on when he takes a hit. I think only two passes were thrown in his direction. One was good for 14 yards. The other was a hopeless desperation dink pass that got him creamed before he could take a step. I thought one of the main reasons for drafting Lynch was for his receiver abilities. Let's use em.

Al the Bills Fan
09-09-2007, 08:31 PM
I would have liked to see the ball thrown to Lynch more. I think Evans and price were taken out of the game by the broncos two top corners but maybe some New England type screen passes to the running back would have been succesful

You are right! Price and Evans were locked up by Bailey and Bly all day, if we would have thrown to lynch in the flat it would have 1) forced the cb's to cheat up and open up the deep ball to evans and price or 2) they would have needed to use the olb's to cover the flats which would have opened up the middle for our slot WR (roscoe) or our TE (royal)

lynch looked like the real deal to me! We need to get him the ball more. I know that this was his first game and the coaching staff pobably didn't want to overwhelm him BUT he needs to have about 30 touches a game between the running and passing game.

Pray for Kevin Everett!

jmb1099
09-09-2007, 08:44 PM
You are right! Price and Evans were locked up by Bailey and Bly all day, if we would have thrown to lynch in the flat it would have 1) forced the cb's to cheat up and open up the deep ball to evans and price or 2) they would have needed to use the olb's to cover the flats which would have opened up the middle for our slot WR (roscoe) or our TE (royal)

lynch to me looked like the real deal to me! We need to get him the ball more. I know that this was his first game and the coaching staff pobably didn't want to overwhelm him BUT he needs to have about 30 touches a game between the running and passing game.

Pray for Kevin Everett!
Good post.
Lynch looks to be something special.