PDA

View Full Version : Total team loss.

justasportsfan
09-09-2007, 04:35 PM
From top to bottom.

Even ST screwed up in crunch time.
The pass O blew.
The Offensive playcalling blew.
The D couldn't bail out The O going 3 and out all day and eventually blew.

The injury gods sucked ass the most.

Marv needs to rethink this club atmosphere at camp.

venis2k1
09-09-2007, 04:37 PM
our two starting WRs combined for 3 catches for 3 yards. something isnt right.

PECKERWOOD
09-09-2007, 04:41 PM
Our defense and ST deserve praise. If our O could have just scored 2 TD's the game would have been ours. We couldn't even buy a first down in the 4th quarter. Fairchild, Losman and ALL of our recievers are to blame for this loss, nobody else.

OpIv37
09-09-2007, 04:49 PM
Our defense and ST deserve praise. If our O could have just scored 2 TD's the game would have been ours. We couldn't even buy a first down in the 4th quarter. Fairchild, Losman and ALL of our recievers are to blame for this loss, nobody else.

I disagree. The D had them in 3rd and 24 and gave up a huge chunk of the yardage, plus 2 fourth downs. They missed tackles, they over pursued and they couldn't get off the field. The only thing the D did right was not giving up points. That's not to get the offense off the hook- they were scared of Denver's corners and didn't even challenge. The play calling was predictable and inefficient. But the D sucked too.

ST had some great plays but blew it when it counted (Robert Royal with yet another mental mistake- and I was going to give him props for his blocking before that bonehead play).

HHURRICANE
09-09-2007, 05:01 PM
There were (2) 4th downs where the D was obviously confused and even tried to call a timeout. Poz is a rookie. Fewell can take some blame in the end here but it was unfortunate that the D was in this position in the first place. They played a solid game considering the youth.

Total team loss is BS.

Losman, Fairchild, and Jauron blew this game.

Philagape
09-09-2007, 05:01 PM
The D was carved up by Cutler and run over by Henry. 470 total yards. That sucks. They were bailed out by Elam's misses.

PECKERWOOD
09-09-2007, 05:02 PM
I disagree. The D had them in 3rd and 24 and gave up a huge chunk of the yardage, plus 2 fourth downs. They missed tackles, they over pursued and they couldn't get off the field. The only thing the D did right was not giving up points. That's not to get the offense off the hook- they were scared of Denver's corners and didn't even challenge. The play calling was predictable and inefficient. But the D sucked too.

ST had some great plays but blew it when it counted (Robert Royal with yet another mental mistake- and I was going to give him props for his blocking before that bonehead play).

Don't care. You keep on tempting the Devil and eventually he is going to answer your call. Our D held Denver to 13 points all the way into the 4th quarter, that's a job well done. If you can't depend on your offense to put up 14 points in a game then we are going to be 0-16 this year.

OpIv37
09-09-2007, 05:05 PM
Don't care. You keep on tempting the Devil and eventually he is going to answer your call. Our D held Denver to 13 points all the way into the 4th quarter, that's a job well done. If you can't depend on your offense to put up 14 points in a game then we are going to be 0-16 this year.

they gave up 470 yards of offense and got shredded on the ground. That's not good enough. We got lucky that Elam choked.

Again, not trying to get the offense off the hook, but the D's going to have to do better than that against more experienced offenses as well. If we had played the Pats with that stat line, they would have easily scored 35.

PECKERWOOD
09-09-2007, 05:09 PM
they gave up 470 yards of offense and got shredded on the ground. That's not good enough. We got lucky that Elam choked.

Again, not trying to get the offense off the hook, but the D's going to have to do better than that against more experienced offenses as well. If we had played the Pats with that stat line, they would have easily scored 35.

Elam missed those two kicks because they were LONG attempts, it's not like they were chip shots. I'm not saying our D was amazing, 470 yards on offense is ridiculous but they still did their job in the sense that they kept us in the game and they for the most part didn't allow Denver to score often.

If we had played the Pats with that stat line, they would have easily scored 35.

Not going to dispute this seeing as how it's merely your opinion, which was speculative at best.

HHURRICANE
09-09-2007, 05:14 PM

Op, Denver had the ball for 33 minutes vs. 26 minutes. Denver had 23 first downs, we had 13.

Our O, as usual, couldn't keep the D off the field.

Denver had 71 plays, we had 41.

OpIv37
09-09-2007, 05:37 PM
Op, Denver had the ball for 33 minutes vs. 26 minutes. Denver had 23 first downs, we had 13.

Our O, as usual, couldn't keep the D off the field.

Denver had 71 plays, we had 41.

but you have to hold the D accountable for not getting off the field as well. They didn't create turnovers, they gave up plays on 3rd and 4th down, etc.

Yes, the offense has to do better but that doesn't get the D off the hook.

gr8slayer
09-09-2007, 05:38 PM
The offensive play calling was some of the worst I've seen in quite some time. Lynch was starting to go into beast mode and we stopped giving him the ball. Run and stop the run, that's the way you win.

HHURRICANE
09-09-2007, 05:39 PM
but you have to hold the D accountable for not getting off the field as well. They didn't create turnovers, they gave up plays on 3rd and 4th down, etc.

Yes, the offense has to do better but that doesn't get the D off the hook.

I believe the D had a pick.

The D played well enough for a win. What are you expecting based on the talent we have. I think Fewell did a good job.

HHURRICANE
09-09-2007, 05:40 PM
The offensive play calling was some of the worst I've seen in quite some time. Lynch was starting to go into beast mode and we stopped giving him the ball. Run and stop the run, that's the way you win.

Yeah, let's pull out our best offensive weapon and put Thomas in. Great coaching.

gr8slayer
09-09-2007, 05:42 PM
Yeah, let's pull out our best offensive weapon and put Thomas in. Great coaching.
I would have been happy with them just giving him the ball more. I've been saying it for months. Marshawn Jones-Drew Faulk is a freaking animal. Give the man the damn ball.

Wys Guy
09-09-2007, 05:43 PM
our two starting WRs combined for 3 catches for 3 yards. something isnt right.

LOL

Yeah. Something isn't right. Glad you noticed.

I wonder what it is.

Wys Guy
09-09-2007, 05:45 PM
Actually, this game was a carbon copy of a good many games last year and just a glimpse as to what to expect moving forward.

Denver's D is an average D on a good day after their secondary, which is very good.

Their O w/ Cutler in "learning phases" and a relatively old OL, also isn't what it used to be although probably average, perhaps a bit better.

How that ends up rubbing with some of the other teams on our schedule remains to be seen. But suffice it to say, if all we could muster vs. the Denver D is one single offensive TD, it's not looking too good.

Wys Guy
09-09-2007, 05:47 PM
I also just noticed, that we had only one drive of longer than 35 yards.

justasportsfan
09-09-2007, 09:05 PM
Our O sucked worse than the D but the D still sucked. ST had it's glory but choked when we need them most. Stupid Skobey.

PECKERWOOD
09-09-2007, 10:47 PM
Our O sucked worse than the D but the D still sucked. ST had it's glory but choked when we need them most. Stupid Skobey.

I think the fact that our offense can't keep the defense off of the field for substantial periods of time hurts the way that our defense plays and looks. Our defense is probably on the field longer than most other defenses in the NFL. If we could just get a little bit of better play out of Losman I think that our defense would vastly improve as a direct result.

OpIv37
09-09-2007, 10:54 PM
I think the fact that our offense can't keep the defense off of the field for substantial periods of time hurts the way that our defense plays and looks. Our defense is probably on the field longer than most other defenses in the NFL. If we could just get a little bit of better play out of Losman I think that our defense would vastly improve as a direct result.

the D is at least partially responsible for the length of time they're on the field. It's not the offense's fault that the D can't stop a 3rd and 7 or a 3rd and 24.

PECKERWOOD
09-09-2007, 11:14 PM
the D is at least partially responsible for the length of time they're on the field. It's not the offense's fault that the D can't stop a 3rd and 7 or a 3rd and 24.

True. They were however worn out and the offense had all game to figure them out. We can't expect to win ball games if our offense keeps going 3 & out. When they do that, our defense has to hop back on the field and grind for extra periods of time. I honestly feel that if our offense could score 21 points each game, we would be a 10-6 team and in the playoffs.

alohabillsfan
09-09-2007, 11:26 PM
How many more games is this offense going to lose for us and how many more JP stat lines will read 14-21 for 97 freaking yards! Bottom line is the offense lost this game for us!

jamze132
09-10-2007, 02:45 AM
Say what you want about the talent on the Bills, it's debatable. What's not is the fact that we are the most poorly coached team in the NFL.

njsue
09-10-2007, 04:02 AM
Guys looks like we have a real stud at Running Back. Marshawn Lynch played fantastic IMO and got his first NFL td.

JP should have gone deep more in the game. I feel that would have broke the game wide open with Lee Evans.

However, this was just one game.

SABURZFAN
09-10-2007, 04:13 AM
I also just noticed, that we had only one drive of longer than 35 yards.

OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

billsburgh
09-10-2007, 04:33 AM
I believe the D had a pick.

The D played well enough for a win. What are you expecting based on the talent we have. I think Fewell did a good job.
and they dropped at 2 others that I recall