PDA

View Full Version : Our defense did suck.. but

patmoran2006
09-09-2007, 05:01 PM
Im not putting as much blame on them for this loss as a lot of the other guys.

If our offense didnt look so enemic for the most part, and we didn't have so many 3-and-out drives and ****ty QB reads-- maybe our defense would've had a chance to catch their breath a bit more.

Dont get me wrong,MAN does this defense have a problem with closing out the deal-- but they weren't helped by an offense that looked very mediocre led by a quarterback who for today anyway symbolizes that mediocrity.

venis2k1
09-09-2007, 05:06 PM
this one was on the shoulders of the offense.

HHURRICANE
09-09-2007, 05:08 PM
You can't blame the D today. No way. IMO they played well enough for us to win.

Jauron and Fairchild just made the "watch" list. This was a winnable game and they need to be held accountable.

YardRat
09-09-2007, 05:08 PM
Great post.

Philagape
09-09-2007, 05:16 PM
Lots of blame to go around, but Losman's inability to make plays tops the list. One TD for the offense is horrid, as is 3-11 on third down

TacklingDummy
09-09-2007, 05:19 PM
The O is to blame. Just like last year.

Nighthawk
09-09-2007, 05:19 PM
This offense just hung the defense out to dry today. They HAVE to keep the ball and keep the defense on the bench for periods of time. If they don't, this is what you get.

HHURRICANE
09-09-2007, 05:21 PM
This offense just hung the defense out to dry today. They HAVE to keep the ball and keep the defense on the bench for periods of time. If they don't, this is what you get.

BINGO.

Our D isn't spectacular but they kept us in a winnable game. I watched Jauron more than once play this conservative BS against good teams like the Chargers and Colts. Add Denver to the list of games we blew.

Nighthawk
09-09-2007, 05:22 PM
BINGO.

Our D isn't spectacular but they kept us in a winnable game. I watched Jauron more than once play this conservative BS against good teams like the Chargers and Colts. Add Denver to the list of games we blew.

There is no denying that Jauron is not a very good HC.

gr8slayer
09-09-2007, 05:28 PM
Just like the pre-season we didn't give Lynch the ball enough. Get an OC that knows how to pound the rock, if you can't run and stop the run in close games you will never win.