• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

The good and the bad

The good:
    Lynch and the run blocking (even Royal did OK), Reed, Parrish, ST (except for stupid penalties).

The bad:
    Pretty much everything else.
    Tackling was terrible, the front 4 got very little pressure, the D consistently overpursued, Losman and the O were afraid of Bailey, Evans didn't do anything, the coaching was terrible (particularly the offensive play calling).
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • PECKERWOOD
    Defies all logic
    • Oct 2006

Re: The good and the bad

Total defensive game. We gave up alot of yards on D but for the most part we didn't break. Furthermore, our defense was a split second away from winning us the game. Can't ask for much more unless you expect us to perform like the 85 Bears or something.

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by BuffaloFever
      Total defensive game. We gave up alot of yards on D but for the most part we didn't break. Furthermore, our defense was a split second away from winning us the game. Can't ask for much more unless you expect us to perform like the 85 Bears or something.
      wow, that's total crap. Our D got pushed all over the field, gave up 4th downs, couldn't stop the run, dropped INT's. The D didn't give up points but they also didn't get off the field, didn't tackle, didn't create turnovers, etc.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• YardRat
        Well, lookie here...
        • Dec 2004

I'll take 3 for 11 on third downs all season long. They only attempted one fourth down play.

The yardage is appalling, but get used to it as long as we play the T2.

This loss is on the ineffectiveness of the offense. Seven points and 184 total yards is inept. The o-line played well enough to win, and the team ran the ball well enough to win.

The passing game sucks balls.
        YardRat Wall of Fame
        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• HHURRICANE
          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37
          wow, that's total crap. Our D got pushed all over the field, gave up 4th downs, couldn't stop the run, dropped INT's. The D didn't give up points but they also didn't get off the field, didn't tackle, didn't create turnovers, etc.
          Dude, if I had posted that we were going to hold Denver to 15 points you would have laughed me off the board. Our f..ing O scored one TD that was really most of Lynch's doing.

The D didn't lose us the game. PERIOD.

Comment

• Nighthawk
            Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
            Dude, if I had posted that we were going to hold Denver to 15 points you would have laughed me off the board. Our f..ing O scored one TD that was really most of Lynch's doing.

I hear ya, but they didn't win the game either. They were bad.

Comment

• YardRat
              Well, lookie here...
              • Dec 2004

The defense played well enough to win. The offense didn't. End of story.

Add another sub-100 yard performance to the stat sheet.
              YardRat Wall of Fame
              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by HHURRICANE

yes they did. So did the O. No one did their part.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by YardRat
                  The defense played well enough to win. The offense didn't. End of story.

Add another sub-100 yard performance to the stat sheet.
                  470 yards is not playing well enough to win.

Missing tackles and over pursuing is not playing well enough to win.

Giving up a 3rd and 24 at the most crucial juncture of the game is not playing well enough to win.

Dropping a "gimme" interception is not playing well enough to win.

Consistent failure to get to the QB is not playing well enough to win.

A better offense would have humiliated us with that defensive performance.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• EDS
                    • Jan 2003

It seems to me that if the the other teams offense gets such a huge time-of-possession advantage and is able to gain yards at will then inevitably something bad is going to happen to the Bills.

Bend-but-don't-break only works when the offense is working. If the offense can't control the clock then the defense, despite some timely plays, is inevitably going to breakdown at some point.

Bills D gave up the trifecta - 300 yard passer, 100 yard runner and 100 yard receiver.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                      Administrator
                      • Jul 2002

Giving up a 3rd and 24 at the most crucial juncture of the game is not playing well enough to win.

Your taking individual mistakes Op and trying to magnify them, anytime you only allow 15 points your defense has done its overall job to keep the opponent from scoring. Would we have liked to see them get turnovers or less yardage, yea sure but they were far from the reason we lost.
                      COMING SOON...
                      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
                        • Apr 2005

How did I know that when i came on here that ther would be a post by OP with his worthless over exaggerated opinions. Is the zone going to be your dog to kick for the week? Are we in for a long week of OP whining and venting? What a change. We lost a heartbreaker and it sucks. Most people (including you) didnt give us a shot. People are going to make mistakes all season, and thank god your here to remind us every time that we are from a pefect team.

Comment

• Al the Bills Fan
                          • Aug 2007

At the end of the game the only thing that matters is the total points on the scoreboad. When your defense holds any team in the NFL to 15 points, thats a game you need to win.

The defense did play well enough to win the game! Yes they did give up alot of yards but yards don't matter at the end of the game. Yes they did make alot of mistakes and Yes they could have captailized on some potential turnovers (cutler backward pass/fumble & Mcgee dropped INT) but the bottom line is that they held Denver to 15 points.

In my book, if your D holds the other team to 15 points they have done their job!

Comment

• jmb1099
                            • Sep 2004

Originally posted by bills_in_07
                            At the end of the game the only thing that matters is the total points on the scoreboad. When your defense holds any team in the NFL to 15 points, thats a game you need to win.

The defense did play well enough to win the game! Yes they did give up alot of yards but yards don't matter at the end of the game. Yes they did make alot of mistakes and Yes they could have captailized on some potential turnovers (cutler backward pass/fumble & Mcgee dropped INT) but the bottom line is that they held Denver to 15 points.

In my book, if your D holds the other team to 15 points they have done their job!
                            I hate the fact that we made as many mistakes as we did and that we gave up a ton of yardage. But we held the denver to 1 td and that should have been enough to win the game. Coaching and poor qb play killed us today.

Comment

• BidsJr
                              • Sep 2002

Another click down on the IQ-ometer!
                              "Well I drink too much and get punched in the head by fighters for fun, so my memory isn't so great." -OpIv37

Comment

Working...
                              X