PDA

View Full Version : Rivers and Young Should Be Cut

gr8slayer
09-09-2007, 05:05 PM
Did you see/are you watching these two bums? Horrible. I say bring in Collins and Volek. I can't believe their coaches are even considering keeping them in.

gr8slayer
09-09-2007, 05:08 PM
Oh yeah and don't forget about Drew Brees, he was horrible too. Cut him.

gr8slayer
09-09-2007, 05:09 PM
Cut Favre too. He had forty two chances and didn't even get a TD. Horrid.

HHURRICANE
Nice try but JP deserves the abuse. I watched the game and the O-line gave him time.

gr8slayer
Oh yeah and Bulger, he didn't look good in his week one game. Cut him. What a waste of money.

Nighthawk
09-09-2007, 05:11 PM
Last time I checked, nobody was calling to cut Losman, hell, I don't even want him benched. However, those QB's have won and made the playoffs...except Young, but he has more intangibles than Losman, so your arguments are pretty much useless.

Bling
09-09-2007, 05:13 PM
Young won yet again. The guy knows how to win. He has no WRs, lost Travis Henry, yet he's still winning. Losman has a top 5 WR and Marshawn Lynch. Plus a star LT.

PECKERWOOD
09-09-2007, 05:13 PM
Nice try but JP deserves the abuse. I watched the game and the O-line gave him time.

AGREED!

He played like CRAPOLAH but I haven't heard one person say that he should be cut, that's just silly.

gr8slayer
09-09-2007, 05:15 PM
They are just as veteran (some more so) as Losman. There's no excuse for crappy play. Cut them now.

PECKERWOOD
09-09-2007, 05:16 PM
lol right.

Let's see some links. I haven't seen anybody here say that Losman should be cut, other then you that is.

Nighthawk
09-09-2007, 05:16 PM
They are just as veteran (some more so) as Losman. There's no excuse for crappy play. Cut them now.

Now you're being stupid...stop. We get your point and it is wrong, so just drop it.

gr8slayer
09-09-2007, 05:18 PM
So wait. There's no excuse for Losman but there's excuses for these other teams with far superior talent? Explain..........

gr8slayer
09-09-2007, 05:20 PM
Young won yet again. The guy knows how to win. He has no WRs, lost Travis Henry, yet he's still winning. Losman has a top 5 WR and Marshawn Lynch. Plus a star LT.
Losman could have won too but the Defense let him down today.

Nighthawk
09-09-2007, 05:21 PM

No, he let the defense down. He needs to keep the ball, so that this defense can have a breather. The defense was bad, but Losman was worse.

PECKERWOOD
09-09-2007, 05:23 PM
So wait. There's no excuse for Losman but there's excuses for these other teams with far superior talent? Explain..........

All the names you listed are far more established than Losman is and they have a much longer track reccord to help determine what kind of player that they are. Furthermore, I'm not saying that Losman is a bad player but he sure as hell played like it today and I'd be lying out of my ass if I were to say that I wasn't concerned. He played like crap today but like I've said in other threads: Losman should have the whole season to prove himself. Give Edwards more time to learn and then let's have a QB competition for next year.

gr8slayer
09-09-2007, 05:23 PM
No, he let the defense down. He needs to keep the ball, so that this defense can have a breather. The defense was bad, but Losman was worse.
The defense had the lead going into the last series, they let the team down.

PECKERWOOD
09-09-2007, 05:24 PM

Now you're lying. Even if our D stopped Denver, Losman would have been done for the day.

gr8slayer
09-09-2007, 05:25 PM
Now you're lying. Even if our D stopped Denver, Losman would have been done for the day.
They lost the game for us in the last two minutes. They had the lead and they laid an egg.

PECKERWOOD
09-09-2007, 05:29 PM
They lost the game for us in the last two minutes. They had the lead and they laid an egg.

We had the ball just before the 2 minute warning. If our O converted and got just 1 single 1st down, we would have run out the clock. So are you implying that if our O scores 1 TD a game, that it's enough for our D to win us the game? Wow, talk about double standards. Do you even hold our offense to ANY standards?

gr8slayer
09-09-2007, 05:30 PM
We had the ball just before the 2 minute warning. If our O converted and got just 1 single 1st down, we would have run out the clock. So are you implying that if our O scores 1 TD a game, that it's enough for our D to win us the game? Wow, talk about double standards. Do you even hold our offense to ANY standards?
And we gave it to Lynch twice in the last series and Losman threw one deep (still don't get that), so Lynch touched the ball more than Losman and couldn't get a first down, let's blame Lynch.

TacklingDummy
09-09-2007, 05:30 PM
Some people were saying that JP will be better than Big Ben. Well, besides having a Super Bowl ring already, Big Ben threw for 4 TDs today.

gr8slayer
09-09-2007, 05:31 PM
Some people were saying that JP will be better than Big Ben. Well, besides having a Super Bowl ring already, Big Ben threw for 4 TDs today.
Yeah Browns....... Broncos, same team nowadays.

gr8slayer
09-09-2007, 05:32 PM
QB Jeff Garcia left Sunday's game after taking a big hit in the third quarter.
Garcia didn't appear to suffer a major injury, but was clearly shaken up and went to the locker room after briefly being examined by the training staff. Luke McCown came in for him and nearly threw an interception on his first playCUT HIM COACH!

PECKERWOOD
09-09-2007, 05:33 PM
And we gave it to Lynch twice in the last series and Losman threw one deep (still don't get that), so Lynch touched the ball more than Losman and couldn't get a first down, let's blame Lynch.

Oh ok. Yes Losman did over throw Evans on a play that would have resulted in a W but I wasn't judging Losman off of 1 drive, I was judging him off of his complete 1st quarter, 2nd quarter, 3rd quarter and 4th quarter game play.

I'd say Lynch had a GREAT day seeing as how he scored our only TD on offense. How many points did Losman lead us to Gr8slayer?

gr8slayer
09-09-2007, 05:34 PM
Oh ok. Yes Losman did over throw Evans on a play that would have resulted in a W but I wasn't judging Losman off of 1 drive, I was judging him off of his complete 1st quarter, 2nd quarter, 3rd quarter and 4th quarter game play.

I'd say Lynch had a GREAT day seeing as how he scored our only TD on offense. How many points did Losman lead us to Gr8slayer?
14, he touched the ball every play.

PECKERWOOD
09-09-2007, 05:36 PM
14, he touched the ball every play.

:rofl:

So did he run on the field and hand the ball off to Roscoe Parrish on his punt return? Did you even watch the game?

gr8slayer
09-09-2007, 05:36 PM
:rofl:

So did he run on the field and hand the ball off to Roscoe Parrish on his punt return?
You didn't see him?

gr8slayer
09-09-2007, 05:37 PM
Messing with the simpletons is so much fun.

Yeah, and Losman did suck today.

PECKERWOOD
09-09-2007, 05:38 PM
Messing with the simpletons is so much fun.

Yeah, and Losman did suck today.

I win.

Hey Mods.

When a poster makes posts to purposely incite other posters on this board, doesn't that mean that he fits the very definition of a troll?

gr8slayer
09-09-2007, 05:39 PM
I win.
No, the Broncos did.

And J.P. Losman.

evol4276
09-09-2007, 05:46 PM
those qb's cant be included cuz theyre teams are winning. well except brees. however the only actual thing JP has that these dont is the being under the spotlight so we cant have a lot of games where he does crap. i just dont see this game as the murder of his career like some since their pass d is really good. yea ok point made, teams pass against them. look at the chargers tho. they havent done hardly anything against the bears d and teams have done damage to them. granted not nearly as much but still. a good d is a good d. no excuses.

gr8slayer
09-09-2007, 05:47 PM
Tomlinson has more passing TD's than Rivers today. CUT HIM!

PECKERWOOD
09-09-2007, 05:49 PM
You didn't see him?

You got burned.

Go ahead and backpeddle all you want. This thread is ******ed and you were serious when you created it. To say otherwise is just admitting that you are a troll.

DraftBoy
09-09-2007, 06:01 PM
Alright gr8 you made your point if you dont want to discuss it like an adult however do not post. I think JP played like crap today I think part was being week 1, I think part was game calling, but I think most of it is the same stupid **** he's been doing for four years now.

gr8slayer
09-09-2007, 06:01 PM
You got burned.

Go ahead and backpeddle all you want. This thread is ******ed and you were serious when you created it. To say otherwise is just admitting that you are a troll.
I got burned? Every single position on this team sucked today except PR/KR.

It's always easy to pick out the people who have never made it past high school football. "it's all the QB's fault, everything is the QB's fault." blah blah blah. It's never a single players fault.

It is a team game dingle berry. It takes 22 people doing their job every single play to win. The Defense gave up 304 yards passing and 139 rushing. Denver's 6'4 WR made McGee look like his ***** in the end zone and Henry (for the second year in a row) made everyone (especially Whitner) look like a bunch of little leaguers. Add to that the fact that Javon Walker sat down in the zone where ever the blitzes were coming from and you have a hell of a bad defensive day. Add to that the fact that McGee dropped two, count 'em two INT's and there you go.

Losman had a bad game, what else is new? But it's not his fault and his fault alone. There are plenty of other players that laid an egg today not excluding our offensive coordinator.

gr8slayer
09-09-2007, 06:02 PM
Alright gr8 you made your point if you dont want to discuss it like an adult however do not post. I think JP played like crap today I think part was being week 1, I think part was game calling, but I think most of it is the same stupid **** he's been doing for four years now.
Go **** yourself holy grail.

northernbillfan
Thread closed.

Two points for goading.

Gr8, you should know better than to act like a troll and goad people into confrontational posts.

DraftBoy
I got burned? Every single position on this team sucked today except PR/KR.

It's always easy to pick out the people who have never made it past high school football. "it's all the QB's fault, everything is the QB's fault." blah blah blah.

It is a team game dingle berry. It takes 22 people doing their job every single play to win. The Defense gave up 304 yards passing and 139 rushing. Denver's 6'4 WR made McGee look like his ***** in the end zone and Henry (for the second year in a row) made everyone (especially Whitner) look like a bunch of little leaguers. Add to that the fact that Javon Walker sat down in the zone where ever the blitzes were coming from and you have a hell of a bad defensive day. Add to that the fact that McGee dropped two, count 'em two INT's and there you go.

Losman had a bad game, what else is new? But it's not his fault and his fault alone. There are plenty of other players that laid an egg today not excluding our offensive coordinator.

Hardly anybody (outside of TD) is saying its all about Losman talk about blowing something way out of the water.

northernbillfan
09-09-2007, 06:03 PM
4 points now for telling a mod off.