PDA

View Full Version : I might as well get this out of everyone's system.

HHURRICANE
09-09-2007, 05:36 PM
I believe that today's loss falls on Fairchild, than Jauron, and finally Losman.

Jp will not be the starter after the bye unless there is some major improvement and game planning fast.

Does anyone believe that we could have won this game with Edwards behind center?

I'm feeling like the answer might be yes.

JP needs to have a huge game next week.

YardRat
09-09-2007, 05:38 PM
If you believe the team could've won with Edwards, then you might want to reverse the order of your list.

SpillerThrills
09-09-2007, 05:40 PM
I believe that today's loss falls on Fairchild, than Jauron, and finally Losman.

here is my question.... with about 2:30 left in the game, on third and 5 why do you go for the homerun ball??? you haven't thrown deep like that all day, why do you try for it when a first down will keep the ball in your hands and the clock running in your favor????

and I'm not sure that edwards would have made a difference.....

don137
09-09-2007, 05:42 PM
No excuses for JP. He was outplayed by a QB with 5 career starts. I am not giving up on JP but I am getting nervous that he does not have the consistency to take this team to the next level.

TacklingDummy
09-09-2007, 05:43 PM
I don't think Edwards takes the 2 sacks that JP took that took us out of FG range.

YardRat
09-09-2007, 05:44 PM
here is my question.... with about 2:30 left in the game, on third and 5 why do you go for the homerun ball??? you haven't thrown deep like that all day, why do you try for it when a first down will keep the ball in your hands and the clock running in your favor????

Because the deep ball is supposedly your QB's strength.
Because you have one of the best deep receivers in the league.
Because the defense was pinching toward the line to stop to the run.
Because the match-up was there to hit the deep ball.
Because you want to go for the jugular and pack the W away.

The opportunity was there, the execution failed.

HHURRICANE
09-09-2007, 05:49 PM
I don't think Edwards takes the 2 sacks that JP took that took us out of FG range.

I'll take it a step further. JP made a nice scramble in the first half but it was only after he never got rid of the ball. He had all day. Sorry, but nobody is open?

He's staring down receivers again and "short throwing" the ball. Parrish was wide open for a first. How many times this year is he going to hit a lineman?

This was a winnable game. The QB is supposed to win you this game. If the coaches don't trust him than you have the wrong QB.

raphael120
09-09-2007, 05:50 PM

Exactly.

All the homers are realizing what the realists have seen all along preseason.

SpillerThrills
09-09-2007, 05:58 PM

I understand the reasoning behind the call, but what I don't understand is why at that moment you call that play??? why not go for that on first down or even second down, that way you still have a chance to get the first down if you don't connect on the big play. we do have the big arm and the deep threat in Lee Evans, but I just think it was poor timing on the call....

TacklingDummy
09-09-2007, 07:24 PM
I'll take it a step further. JP made a nice scramble in the first half but it was only after he never got rid of the ball. He had all day. Sorry, but nobody is open?

I agree. JP had plenty of time to get rid of the ball. The scramble should have never have happened.

Philagape
09-09-2007, 07:33 PM
The first sack was on JP, the second one wasn't. The blitzer was on him instantly.

Captain gameboy
09-09-2007, 07:39 PM
JP looked robotic. Overcoached.

He made OK throws, but he looked like he was throwing to the first option every time, including that stupid pick. Totally covered with no chance of success.

I don't hold that against him at all.

Lynch looked superb.

We need to let JP be an athlete. I remember one play in the first half, 2 and 9 or so, where it looked like there were 9 guys in the box and instead of audibling, he handed off to 23. No gain. A bootleg or audible would have got him 10.

Give JP the reigns. Tutor him, but let him go.

shelby
09-09-2007, 07:45 PM
How can you justify pulling the plug on Losman after one game?

That is, simply, ludicrous.

Ebenezer
09-09-2007, 07:47 PM
JP looked robotic. Overcoached.

He made OK throws, but he looked like he was throwing to the first option every time, including that stupid pick. Totally covered with no chance of success.

The INT at the end of the first half?? It wasnt the best play to call but...

It was intercepted because the DE had a hold of Royal's facemask for about 2 or 3 seconds with his arm fully extended. Has the referee who was standing right there called it then the Bills would have had a chip shot FG chance....

HHURRICANE
09-09-2007, 07:48 PM

Who posted that?

shelby
i did.

Ebenezer

I think he meant let JP be JP and not so much programmed.

shelby
09-09-2007, 07:51 PM
That i can agree with. Sorry i misunderstood, it's been a long day.

HHURRICANE
09-09-2007, 07:54 PM
i did.

I meant who thought we should pull him?

As I posted, he'll get to the bye.

unpaid_bills
09-09-2007, 08:01 PM

and I'm not sure that edwards would have made a difference.....

Good point. Just to play devils advovcate if its works and Lee catches it we likely win the game. Jauron and Co were probably thinking the same thing they wont be expecting it. Cant fault them for trying my only contention is they should have tried that a few times earlier to get Lee involved or at least get him the ball on a slant or reverse. The Denver coverage seemed to confuse eveyone except Josh Reed. The coaches take the blame on that one for not making adjustments.

I actually thought JP made some good throws when he had time. Its all about confidence and gaining momentum they made a good play then went away from it. Very tough game none the less