PDA

View Full Version : Jauron made the call

kinigirly
09-09-2007, 05:54 PM
for those of you *****ing about who sucks the most or who to blame the most(fairchild, jp, or dick) jauron said during post game press conference that he made the call for jp to throw deep on the 3rd and 5 play. use that for your arguments however you see fit

YardRat
09-09-2007, 05:56 PM
It's a coaches job to put players in a position to succeed.

The call was made, the receiver was open, the ball was over-thrown.

'Nuff said.

Philagape
09-09-2007, 05:58 PM
When a low-percentage play is called, chances are it will fail.

chernobylwraiths
09-09-2007, 05:59 PM
It's a coaches job to put players in a position to succeed.

The call was made, the receiver was open, the ball was over-thrown.

'Nuff said.

Actually, I think it was just over the wrong shoulder. I'm not blaming Lynch either, but he got pulled out of bounds on second down and needed the keep the clock running on that play too. I was hoping they would roll JP out and let him try to make a play either running or passing.

HHURRICANE
09-09-2007, 06:00 PM

I don't blame JP for this play at all. I totally agree with your post. That play should have benn called early in the game.

YardRat
09-09-2007, 06:04 PM

Like running on third and nine, or third and eleven, on a short field?

kinigirly
09-09-2007, 06:07 PM
jauron i'm still undecided on. jp i will wait and see how he plays next week. playcalling only let him throw short passes today so we'll see how accurate he is with longer balls next week. if its not hot, we have a problem. fairchild....i've always hated that tard and always will

Philagape
09-09-2007, 06:07 PM
Like running on third and nine, or third and eleven, on a short field?

Yes.

Typ0
09-09-2007, 06:09 PM
for those of you *****ing about who sucks the most or who to blame the most(fairchild, jp, or dick) jauron said during post game press conference that he made the call for jp to throw deep on the 3rd and 5 play. use that for your arguments however you see fit

I don't know why people are down on JP for this either...he's not calling the plays. It was a lousy time to call a play that could stop the clock.

YardRat
09-09-2007, 06:11 PM
Yes.

Players make plays...or they are expected to, anyway.

Lynch was given the rock in three crucial situations today, two of them on low percentage calls.

He made all three successful.

JP was called on once to do what he supposedly does best, and he failed.

That is the difference between winners and losers.

Earthquake Enyart
09-09-2007, 06:12 PM
I liked the call. :couch:

They had Bailey beat. He just threw it over the wrong shoulder.

chernobylwraiths
09-09-2007, 06:14 PM
I liked the call. :couch:

They had Bailey beat. He just threw it over the wrong shoulder.

I concurr.

casdhf
09-09-2007, 06:18 PM
If Lee Evans looked over his other shoulder we would have been up by 9.

unpaid_bills
09-09-2007, 06:18 PM
The only issue i have with the call why the hell they did not try earlier. Lee has the speed to get deep ony anyone. A crucial 3rd down you have to go to a bread and butter play. The Bills were horrible on 3rd down. I give Jauron and crew credit for trying but it was risky.

Too me more disapointing was the D could not stop Denver on those two 4th downs then the last drive . thats what lost the game IMO.

Earthquake Enyart
09-09-2007, 06:20 PM
To me, it took a lot of balls to make that call.

If they connect, game over.

Turf
09-09-2007, 06:25 PM
This team consistently year after year, like no other team, gives up big, huge, 3rd down and long plays in crucial situations. I have never in the history of the NFL seen a team so poor in 3rd down and long situations.
They were set up to win. After Cutler threw the ball backwards the game should have been over.
They let them back in. On the 4th and short I was saying they should blitz on the edges to catch the rollout. Hell, all out blitz, let em score, all or nothing, at least you get the ball back. Sure enough the QB rolls out, easy first down.
Someone should have made sure Lynch, who is the real deal and played a hell of a game, knew enough to fall down in bounds and not stop the clock. The clock stopped with 2:43. Had it run down to 2:03 they could have passed or ran it wouldn't have mattered. Denver instead gained 40 secs on the clock. Critical mistake in a dire situation.
Poor coaching all the way around at the end of the game.

Philagape
09-09-2007, 06:26 PM
Players make plays...or they are expected to, anyway.

Lynch was given the rock in three crucial situations today, two of them on low percentage calls.

He made all three successful.

JP was called on once to do what he supposedly does best, and he failed.

That is the difference between winners and losers.

Dumping on a QB for barely missing a bomb is the difference between valid and invalid criticism. The percentage is not high enough to expect that play to be made.

Ebenezer
09-09-2007, 06:27 PM
This team consistently year after year, like no other team, gives up big, huge, 3rd down and long plays in crucial situations. I have never in the history of the NFL seen a team so poor in 3rd down and long situations.

re: 3rd and 13 in Super Bowl XXV

gr8slayer
09-09-2007, 06:28 PM
Had the play worked we'd be talking about what a genius call it was. Funny how this all works isn't it?

don137
09-09-2007, 06:30 PM
To me, it took a lot of balls to make that call.

If they connect, game over.

Sure it takes balls but that was not the time to do it. JP was not having a good game. They were 3 of 5 on third downs up to that point in the 2nd half. All they needed was a first down and for all intense and purposes the game would of been over. Why go for 40 yards when you needed 5? Stopping the clock due to a low percentage play call is ballsy and stupid.

guy
09-09-2007, 06:39 PM
this wasnt about jp having a bad game. he threw the ball only 21 times most underneath, which seemed like a good game plan.this was about alot off mistakes by alot of different players example... robert royals holding call on the last punt which added about 23 yards to denvers drive start etc....etc....etc.....