PDA

View Full Version : Take substitutions and stick them...

Ebenezer
09-09-2007, 06:23 PM
I remember a time when Bruce Smith, Jeff Wright and Phil Hansen played almost every defensive snap. These days with games on the line we have multi-million dollar players on the bench?? Schobel and a couple of others weren't even on the field for most of Denver's second drive...of the game. This has to stop.

Kerr
09-09-2007, 06:26 PM
Isn't the due to the cover 2 philosophy of rotating and keeping defensive linemen fresh?

raphael120
09-09-2007, 06:29 PM
I'll take a 70% Schobel over a 100% backup bum.

Ebenezer
09-09-2007, 06:35 PM
Isn't the due to the cover 2 philosophy of rotating and keeping defensive linemen fresh?
and how did that work out for them??? nevermind, here are the stats...

1 sack for 5 yards
470 total yards
171 yards rushing
Cutler 23/39

I'd call that a failure. What is the point of keeping them fresh if the guys who you bring in allow the other team to march all over the field....especially in the 4th quarter...glad to know Schobel and Kelsay are making so much money for working 60% of the time.

Kerr
09-09-2007, 06:39 PM
and how did that work out for them??? nevermind, here are the stats...

1 sack for 5 yards
470 total yards
171 yards rushing
Cutler 23/39

I'd call that a failure. What is the point of keeping them fresh if the guys who you bring in allow the other team to march all over the field....especially in the 4th quarter...glad to know Schobel and Kelsay are making so much money for working 60% of the time.

I'm not agreeing with the philosophy. I actually think Schobel and co should be playing more.

mchurchfie
09-09-2007, 06:44 PM
This coaching staff is outsmarting itself...which doesn't seem to be too hard.

Ebenezer
09-09-2007, 06:46 PM
I'm not agreeing with the philosophy. I actually think Schobel and co should be playing more.
a lot more.

Ebenezer
09-09-2007, 06:48 PM
This coaching staff is outsmarting itself...which doesn't seem to be too hard.
it's just not this staff...MM and GW also did it all the time.

Stewie
09-09-2007, 07:59 PM
I didn't usually see hansen or bruce running up the field 30 yards and making tackles too often, either. These guys need a break sometimes.

billsburgh
09-10-2007, 05:26 AM
it's just not this staff...MM and GW also did it all the time.
it all started with the antichrist Jimmy Johnson when he was doing it in Dallas.

Night Train
09-10-2007, 05:32 AM
Sitting in the stands, I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw Schobel & Kelsay standing on the sidelines for long stretches while Jason Jefferson and Eric Powell played DE.

Didn't they just give Schobel & Kelsay huge contracts ?

Makes no sense.

billsburgh
09-10-2007, 05:43 AM
Sitting in the stands, I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw Schobel & Kelsay standing on the sidelines for long stretches while Jason Jefferson and Eric Powell played DE.

Makes no sense.
dont you get it, it's so that they are still fresh at the end of the game and can stop the offense from converting 3rd and 23 and marching down the field to kick the winning field goal.

EDS
09-10-2007, 09:36 AM
dont you get it, it's so that they are still fresh at the end of the game and can stop the offense from converting 3rd and 23 and marching down the field to kick the winning field goal.

To borrow some words from Austin Powers, "Ouch baby, very ouch."

TacklingDummy
09-10-2007, 09:42 AM
I didn't usually see hansen or bruce running up the field 30 yards and making tackles too often, either. These guys need a break sometimes.

There is plenty of time for Defense to get a break when the Bills offense is on the field going 3 and out.

1st and 10 at BUF 33 (3:32) M.Lynch up the middle to BUF 36 for 3 yards (N.Webster).

4th and 15 at BUF 28 (2:25) B.Moorman punts 46 yards to DEN 26, Center-R.Neill. D.Hixon to DEN 34 for 8 yards (P.Posluszny).

That was a whole 1 minute ,8 seconds the defense had to rest. What more do you want?

TacklingDummy
09-10-2007, 09:49 AM
Here's another one early in the 2nd QTR, right after Denver had the ball for most of the 1st QTR.

1st and 10 at BUF 16 (11:53) J.Losman pass incomplete to L.Evans (D.Bly). Receiver and coverage at BUF 21, ball thrown behind receiver.

4th and 7 at BUF 19 (11:04) B.Moorman punts 46 yards to DEN 35, Center-R.Neill. D.Hixon to DEN 33 for -2 yards (J.Stamer).

Oh wow, a whole 49 seconds of rest.

And people wonder why they gave up 470 yards of offense.

justasportsfan
09-10-2007, 09:55 AM
I remember a time when Bruce Smith, Jeff Wright and Phil Hansen played almost every defensive snap. These days with games on the line we have multi-million dollar players on the bench?? Schobel and a couple of others weren't even on the field for most of Denver's second drive...of the game. This has to stop.
you mean the D that couldn't do squat in 4 sb's? If you're gonna ask for a change at least compare it to a D that knows how to win the big one. :rolleyes:

Saratoga Slim
09-10-2007, 10:01 AM

Makes no sense.

Jefferson and Powell were on the field for a good share of Denver's last drive. That's inexcusable

OpIv37
09-10-2007, 10:03 AM
you mean the D that couldn't do squat in 4 sb's? If you're gonna ask for a change at least compare it to a D that knows how to win the big one. :rolleyes:

also the D that GOT to the SB 4 times and helped us win more games in one season than we won in any two of the last three seasons combined.

justasportsfan
09-10-2007, 10:09 AM
also the D that GOT to the SB 4 times and helped us win more games in one season than we won in any two of the last three seasons combined.

UH, I wasn't talking about our current D being awsome or not. :rolleyes: get with the program.

I thought you're tired of mediocrity? I thought you want a sb? If you want one go with a D that won it. It's not about winning regular season games or playoffs?

Both the K-Gun and that D were overrated.

You're starting to sound like you're accepting mediocrity. Are you?

OpIv37
09-10-2007, 10:11 AM
UH, I wasn't talking about our current D being awsome or not. :rolleyes: get with the program.

I thought you're tired of mediocrity? I thought you want a sb? If you want one go with a D that won it. It's not about winning regular season games or playoffs?

Both the K-Gun and that D were overrated.

You're starting to sound like you're accepting mediocrity. Are you?

Getting to 4 SB's is now overrated?

Let's put it to you this way- overrated is still MUCH better than we are currently.

justasportsfan
09-10-2007, 10:19 AM
Getting to 4 SB's is now overrated?.

I want a sb and nothing less. THat D wouldn't have done squat without the K-Gun and vise versa. The Ravens D won them a SB with a way more inferior O than the K-Gun. Don't you ever tell me I accept mediocrity Mr. I want MArvin Lewis and a Bills D that choked in 4 sb's.

Let's put it to you this way- overrated is still MUCH better than we are currently.again, I never said our current D is anything special. Duh!

OpIv37
09-10-2007, 10:22 AM
I want a sb and nothing less. THat D wouldn't have done squat without the K-Gun and vise versa. The Ravens D won them a SB with a way more inferior O than the K-Gun. Don't you ever tell me I accept mediocrity Mr. I want MArvin Lewis and a Bills D that choked in 4 sb's.

again, I never said our current D is anything special. Duh!

I never said I wanted the SB D back- I just said they were much better than we currently are. And I never said I wanted Marvin Lewis either- I said I'd consider it because he's better than Jauron. So don't put words in my mouth just so you have an excuse the next time you defend mediocrity.

HHURRICANE
09-10-2007, 10:24 AM

Funniest post of the day!!!

justasportsfan
09-10-2007, 10:24 AM
I never said I wanted the SB D back- I just said they were much better than we currently are..

And I never disagreed with that.

IAnd I never said I wanted Marvin Lewis either- I said I'd consider it because he's better than Jauron. So don't put words in my mouth just so you have an excuse the next time you defend mediocrity.
'FROM THE TOP OF MY HEAD" is what you said. From the top of your head you wanted a mediocre coach. Backpedal all you want. Better than Jauron? He's the same as Jauron. 4 seasons and 1 playoff appearance. Dick had the same thing in Chicago. We can argue that til we turn blue BUT HE IS MEDIOCRE.

From the top of your head, you wanted someone who should be accountable for all the felons on the team. Isn't that you always say about this team? Lewis hires felons or makes them one and from the top of your head, you wanted him. :rolleyes: