PDA

View Full Version : Kevin everett taken into emergency surgery

Typ0
09-09-2007, 06:31 PM
they just said on the national postgame show that he was taken into emergency surgery. This is not good.

lightningbolt444
09-09-2007, 06:31 PM
just reported on espn that everett has been taken in for emergency surgery at buffalo general everyone pray for him

raphael120
09-09-2007, 06:32 PM
No its not. :pray:

don137
09-09-2007, 06:32 PM
oh man, that is not good...Our thoughts are with him and his family...

Typ0
09-09-2007, 07:09 PM
Confirmed by the Bills. Emergency surgery to address a cervical spine injury.

Ebenezer
09-09-2007, 07:10 PM
that doesn't, in and of itself, mean it is life threatening...but it is not a good sign about other things.

Devin
:pray:

Static

camelcowboy
09-09-2007, 07:13 PM

SquishDaFish
09-09-2007, 07:14 PM

DraftBoy
09-09-2007, 07:16 PM

Typ0
09-09-2007, 07:16 PM
that doesn't, in and of itself, mean it is life threatening...but it is not a good sign about other things.

Eb, any time you go under anesthesia it's life threatening. You of all people should know that. The fact that it's a central nervous system injury only makes it worse. If I had to guess I'd say this is a quick response in hopes of reversing something that is going to leave him paralyzed.

Ebenezer
09-09-2007, 07:17 PM
Eb, any time you go under anesthesia it's life threatening. You of all people should know that. The fact that it's a central nervous system injury only makes it worse. If I had to guess I'd say this is a quick response in hopes of reversing something that is going to leave him paralyzed.
or it could be to set something that will prevent further paralysis...all i was saying that there shouldn't be any jumping to conclusions...from the sounds of it he was transferred from one hospital to another...you don't tend to do that if the patient has a risk of dying en route...

Captain gameboy
09-09-2007, 07:19 PM

Agreed.

But any casual fan of the NFL knows we were heading to this, and worse.

Kinetic energy =1/2 mv squared.

m is getting bigger.
v is getting faster.

Both are squared in this equation and this game.

This game is getting really dangerous.

Especially on special teams, where v is most pronounced.

Every kickoff and punt return is the equivalent of an auto crash without airbags.

That is the reality.

Good luck Kevin.

Ebenezer
09-09-2007, 07:22 PM
Agreed.

But any casual fan of the NFL knows we were heading to this, and worse.

Kinetic energy =1/2 mv squared.

m is getting bigger.
v is getting faster.

Both are squared in this equation and this game.

This game is getting really dangerous.

Especially on special teams, where v is most pronounced.
actually Everett was almost standing still - which can be worse for taking the impact...

and in this case F = M * A might be the more appopriate formula.

but I concur...the hits are becoming harder and more of these guys are using their heads instead of their shoulders...not smart play.

DraftBoy
09-09-2007, 07:24 PM
actually Everett was almost standing still - which can be worse for taking the impact...

but I concur...the hits are becoming harder and more of these guys are using their heads instead of their shoulders...not smart play.

I missed the play but ESPN reported Everett came in on a hit on Dixon on a KR, but your saying he was almost standing still? Im confused...

HHURRICANE
09-09-2007, 07:25 PM
I posted this on the other thread.

People should prepare themselves for the worse. It appears this is surgery to help with his breathing which is common with paralysis below the neck.

Captain gameboy
09-09-2007, 07:26 PM

Its all geometry, and it looked like he took it right down the spine.

I don't think there was any "a" involved.

Looked bad to me.

djjimkelly
09-09-2007, 07:26 PM
i dont care about his football career i just hope he will be able to walk normally for the rest of his life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my hope is with you kevin

HHURRICANE
09-09-2007, 07:27 PM
I missed the play but ESPN reported Everett came in on a hit on Dixon on a KR, but your saying he was almost standing still? Im confused...

It was just an awkward hit. It looked like he compressed his neck.

mikemac2001
09-09-2007, 07:29 PM
It was bad, just lowered his head and at impact you could see he lost all motion i hoped concussion but you could tell right away it wasnt

never seen that nor do i ever want to again

Thoughts with KE

Michael82
09-09-2007, 07:29 PM
:( :pray:

Nighthawk
09-09-2007, 07:30 PM
Please be alright! Please...

gr8slayer
09-09-2007, 07:31 PM
That's why you always look at what your hitting. He led with the top of his head........... I don't even care about his football career, I just hope he can recover and lead a normal life. :pray:

MikeInRoch
09-09-2007, 07:31 PM
I posted this on the other thread.

People should prepare themselves for the worse. It appears this is surgery to help with his breathing which is common with paralysis below the neck.

Where did you hear that's what it was for?

bronco ktrain
09-09-2007, 07:33 PM
Bronco fans everywhere are Praying for the best possible outcome for Kevin. This puts the game and life in general into perspective. We are all rooting for Kevin!

God Bless and God speed!

Ebenezer
09-09-2007, 07:34 PM

I havn't seen in on TV yet...in the stadium it didn't look like he was running that hard at that point.

Ebenezer
09-09-2007, 07:34 PM
Its all geometry, and it looked like he took it right down the spine.

I don't think there was any "a" involved.

Looked bad to me.
the "a" would have come from the returner.

isn't there a formula where v is substituted for a to determine force??

Ebenezer
09-09-2007, 07:35 PM
Bronco fans everywhere are Praying for the best possible outcome for Kevin. This puts the game and life in general into perspective. We are all rooting for Kevin!

God Bless and God speed!
thanks Bronco...and good game today.

BADTHINGSMAN
09-09-2007, 07:37 PM
The strange thing is you see hits like that alot and both players get up..

Bumrush
09-09-2007, 07:38 PM
All Dolphin fans are also hoping for a speedy recovery. My sister was paralyzed in a car accident 14 years ago, it is the toughest thing in the world to endure. The fact that they moved him to a different hospital does not bode as well, since it indicates that the first hospital they transported him to may not have been the best one for paralysis. They probably stabilized him and gave him a breathing tube before taking him to a hospital that specializes in paralysis.

Goodspeed.

casdhf
09-09-2007, 07:38 PM
I'm sure the fact that he's an offensive player didnt help him. He led with his head down right into the guy.

BidsJr
09-09-2007, 07:39 PM
I'm sure the fact that he's an offensive player didnt help him. He led with his head down right into the guy.

That is an excellent point.

Good post.

Ebenezer
09-09-2007, 07:41 PM
the "a" would have come from the returner.

isn't there a formula where v is substituted for a to determine force??
ok...think I found it:

http://physics.webplasma.com/image/page04/kin04.gif

now, V zero would be zero...so a=v/t

F = mass * acceleration

F = mass * (velocity/time)

Force = (mass * velocity) / time

I am such a :nerd:

Ebenezer
09-09-2007, 07:42 PM
All Dolphin fans are also hoping for a speedy recovery. My sister was paralyzed in a car accident 14 years ago, it is the toughest thing in the world to endure. The fact that they moved him to a different hospital does not bode as well, since it indicates that the first hospital they transported him to may not have been the best one for paralysis. They probably stabilized him and gave him a breathing tube before taking him to a hospital that specializes in paralysis.

Goodspeed.
thanks bumrush and sorry to hear about your sister...

YardRat
09-09-2007, 07:47 PM
Not good. Hope he recovers.

Captain gameboy
09-09-2007, 07:50 PM
ok...think I found it:

http://physics.webplasma.com/image/page04/kin04.gif

now, V zero would be zero...so a=v/t

F = mass * acceleration

F = mass * (velocity/time)

Force = (mass * velocity) / time

I am such a :nerd:

This isn't that complicated Eb.

I was right the first time.

KE(what a pathetic coincidence)=1/2mv squared.

Mass- the mass of the two bodies.
V=velocity.
Kevin was hardly moving.

What saves most NFL players is that the geometry of the hit where KE is not directly absorbed by a part of the body.

Most of the blows are absorbed and result in the (M) moving, as in getting knocked back.

It looked like this one was absorbed completely by his spine, and this is going to happen more and more.

shelby
09-09-2007, 07:52 PM

hammerbillsfan
09-09-2007, 07:54 PM

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
09-09-2007, 07:57 PM

Click watch now, then paste the link into your address bar, and FFWD to the 1:29 mark

<embed src="http://www.truveo.com/truveo_videoWidget.swf?query=id:3712142834" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="110" ></embed>

Ebenezer
09-09-2007, 08:08 PM
This isn't that complicated Eb.

I was right the first time.

KE(what a pathetic coincidence)=1/2mv squared.

Mass- the mass of the two bodies.
V=velocity.
Kevin was hardly moving.

What saves most NFL players is that the geometry of the hit where KE is not directly absorbed by a part of the body.

Most of the blows are absorbed and result in the (M) moving, as in getting knocked back.

It looked like this one was absorbed completely by his spine, and this is going to happen more and more.
what more important to determining if bones will break or the cord will severe, kinetic energy or force?

and I notice the coincidence of KE.

TMAC24McGee
09-09-2007, 08:10 PM
Kevin is in my prayers.

Captain gameboy
09-09-2007, 08:11 PM
what more important to determining if bones will break or the cord will severe, kinetic energy or force?

and I notice the coincidence of KE.

Kinetic energy.

In your force equation, which is accurate, acceleration is a variable.

The absorbing body does not care about acceleration, only velocity.

casdhf
09-09-2007, 08:19 PM
The guy could be paralyzed, who gives a **** about the physics.

dolphan117
09-09-2007, 08:34 PM
Dam, sorry to hear this guys. Thoughts and prayers from people at Finheaven, someone just started a thread in VIP exactly for that actually.

Ingtar33
09-09-2007, 08:51 PM
when i saw him convulsing on the ground, after he hit the ground, i knew it was nerve damage.

only thing we can do is pray.

raphael120
09-09-2007, 08:57 PM
LATEST:

NBC sports says he's out of surgery and in intensive care...:pray:

Mr. Pink
09-09-2007, 08:57 PM
Just said on halftime...out of surgery in ICU...docs won't know anything for 12 to 24 hours.

Damn, that doesn't sound good...

God speed, Kevin.

Michael82
09-09-2007, 08:58 PM
They just gave another UPDATE on NBC....

Everett is out of surgery and is now in the ICU. They said that the docs won't know anything until the next 12-24 hours. :pray:

Devin
09-09-2007, 09:11 PM
keep the updates coming guys

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
09-09-2007, 09:13 PM
WKBW TV, has been scrolling messages of updates at the bottom of the screen all night here in Buffalo since they say they're the official Buffalo Bills station. the scroll just said the Kevin Everett is out of surgery and has placed in IC and it will take 12-24 hrs. before doctors can determine Everett's prognosis. More information on Ch. 7 news @ 11.

Mitchy moo
09-09-2007, 09:14 PM
omg i feel terrible........

TigerJ
09-09-2007, 09:33 PM
Here's an article from ESPN.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3012007

The first thing we hope/pray for is that he's not paralyzed. After that we then might want to think about whether this is career ending and other lesser issues.

KennyCS
09-09-2007, 09:35 PM
All my positive thoughts and prayers to Everett for a speedy recovery.

and I know I speak for a lot of Denver Broncos fans... we all hope he comes through this well.

Kenny in Colorado Springs

Ebenezer
09-09-2007, 09:35 PM
Kinetic energy.

In your force equation, which is accurate, acceleration is a variable.

The absorbing body does not care about acceleration, only velocity.
which is why you substitute v/t for a....

Ebenezer
09-09-2007, 09:36 PM
Here's an article from ESPN.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3012007

The first thing we hope/pray for is that he's not paralyzed. After that we then might want to think about whether this is career ending and other lesser issues.
I might think we don't see him lace them up again for football.

Ebenezer
09-09-2007, 09:36 PM
All my positive thoughts and prayers to Everett for a speedy recovery.

and I know I speak for a lot of Denver Broncos fans... we all hope he comes through this well.

Kenny in Colorado Springs
Thanks, Kenny...good game.

Bmax
09-09-2007, 09:47 PM
It's going to be a long night for his family, friends and teamates ...Let keep Kevin and them in our prayers....I heard they were flying in from Texas tonight...

May they arrive safe and sound with out delay...In Jesus name ....Amen...

Bmax..

THATHURMANATOR
09-09-2007, 09:58 PM
For some strange reason I singled out to watch Everett on that exact play and watched only him on the way down. This really sucks.

Philagape
09-09-2007, 10:02 PM
At 9:45 p.m., as he was leaving Millard Fillmore Gates Hospital, Bills' tight end Ryan Neufeld told Buffalo's WIVB-TV the surgery "went well as far as we can tell and he's recovering right now." -- AP

superbills
09-09-2007, 10:16 PM
It's going to be a long night for his family, friends and teamates ...Let keep Kevin and them in our prayers....I heard they were flying in from Texas tonight...

May they arrive safe and sound with out delay...In Jesus name ....Amen...

Bmax..

Amen

pintonick96
09-09-2007, 10:21 PM
The guy could be paralyzed, who gives a **** about the physics.

Exactly, I seen hits like that all the time and I knew right away he broke his neck. **** physics, I know the type of hit.

Elminster
09-09-2007, 10:22 PM
The bird-brains(I say that because there's an Eagles fan there too) over at the Cards board send their prayers, so I thought I'd share that with everyone here

BILLSROCK1212
09-09-2007, 10:25 PM

Turf
09-09-2007, 10:25 PM
1) I hope he lives

2) I hope he fully recovers and can walk

3) If the above happen, he will never play again and rightly so

sba
09-09-2007, 10:29 PM
Sportscenter just reported that Everett has "incomplete paralysis" - in other words, he has some feeling in his extremities, and can move a little. Could be weeks or months before he regains anything resembling full movement, if at all.

Ebenezer
09-09-2007, 10:33 PM
and WIVB in Buffalo is reporting that he was not transferred but is at the hospital he was taken to originally...

BidsJr
09-09-2007, 10:33 PM
Sportscenter just reported that Everett has "incomplete paralysis" - in other words, he has some feeling in his extremities, and can move a little. Could be weeks or months before he regains anything resembling full movement, if at all.

Really hope he makes it out of this.

But scroll up and see who has not posted in this thread to see who doesn't really give a crap.

Turf
09-09-2007, 10:35 PM

That's encouraging.

PECKERWOOD
09-09-2007, 10:35 PM
Wow that is scary... Hopefully his career doesn't end like this. My prayers are with Kevin and hopefully to a speedy full recovery.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
09-09-2007, 10:38 PM
Really hope he makes it out of this.

But scroll up and see who has not posted in this thread to see who doesn't really give a crap.

thats a bs comment.

I dont need to post in order to pray for the man.

God Bless KE.... Lord please help the man:pray:

realdealryan
09-09-2007, 10:40 PM
thats a bs comment.

+1

BidsJr
09-09-2007, 10:41 PM
thats a bs comment.

Not talking about you at all.

look at the persistant squeaky wheels that post everything else that is anti buffalo and refuse to post in a thread like this.

no offense to you bro.

TigerJ
09-09-2007, 10:41 PM

I just heard the same thing on local news (Channel 7). That's about the best possible news at this point. If he's got some movement and feeling, his spinal cord could be bruised or traumatized in some way, but not severed. I assume he'll go on IR at some point, and spend the rest of he season rehabbing.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
09-09-2007, 10:42 PM
Not talking about you at all.

look at the persistant squeaky wheels that post everything else that is anti buffalo and refuse to post in a thread like this.

no offense to you bro.

Ok, cool... sorry to be snippy :) :cheers:

BidsJr
09-09-2007, 10:43 PM
Ok, cool... sorry to be snippy :) :cheers:

NP I don't blame ya.

But if I was more specific I would have gotten a TOS!!

:rofl:

Stewie
09-09-2007, 10:49 PM
I blame Tom Donahoe.

j/k

Get better Kevin

primadox
09-09-2007, 10:51 PM
Saints fan here...all of us over at saintsreport.com wish Kevin the best. When something like this happens it really puts things into perspective. Injuries are scary enough; something like this is simply terrifying.

This sounds sort of silly, but I have dachshunds, and these dogs can be prone to spinal injuries. I had one old dog go "down" into complete paralysis; she didn't even have bladder function. SLOWLY she regained mobility. We didn't do surgery since she was old, but when there is trauma to the spine, there is bruising and swelling, which is why the paralysis can be so acute. As that swelling and bruising resolves itself, either through surgical intervention and/or steroids to reduce swelling, you will see recovery...the question is, how long were the nerves deprived due to the swelling? Can they regenerate to a degree? It did take a few days following the injury before we saw even the slightest improvement, but it did come. It took TIME, lots of time, for the spinal area to really heal and for the nerves to repair themselves as much as they could. Hopefully the surgery was able to provide the proper relief to the nerves, and that sensation will return. Even if he never plays football again, simply to walk again will be a triumph. I pray that this happens for him.

Anyway, Saints fans, who are too familiar with adversary, have their thoughts and prayers with Everett, his friends and family, the Bills and their fans. We're pulling for him.

Kellye
Saints fan in Houston, TX

JerseyBoofaloBills
09-09-2007, 11:00 PM
damn dude..My prayers are totally with Kevin Everett... i saw that hit, when they did a close up on him like during the play, he was just laying there, twitching a little bit..i knew it was bad, im pleased to see you guys keep updating..appriciate it.

Tatonka
09-09-2007, 11:01 PM
my cousin is paralysed from the waist down.. he was born that way, but i know first hand how incredibly difficult something like this is and i pray for him and his family that he will recover.

the crazy thing is that a hit like that can happen on every single play. it is amazing that it doesnt happen more often, if you think about it.

he has a long road ahead of him, but guys that are in the nfl have worked their asses off all their life. i am sure he will recover.

Ebenezer
09-09-2007, 11:03 PM
thanks primadox...

MarvLevy
09-09-2007, 11:13 PM
god bless him

Samphin1
09-09-2007, 11:51 PM
If those reports are accurate and he at least has SOME type of feeling in his extremities, it seems to be a great sign. Not sure how accurate all of these reports are, but I sure hope they are.

Encouraging sign.

Philagape
09-09-2007, 11:52 PM
The Bills provided no other details, but a source with knowledge of the situation told The News that Everett's surgeons removed his third and fourth vertebrae.

There was word at the hospital late Sunday that Everett was out of surgery and in the intensive care area. He was said to be on a respirator.

http://www.buffalonews.com/home/story/159171.html

PECKERWOOD
09-09-2007, 11:53 PM
ohhh my..

CuseJetsFan83
09-09-2007, 11:56 PM
my prayers are with kevin, and his family, ive had neck injuries, but defintely no where near the severity of this

god speed, and well wishes

Ebenezer
09-10-2007, 12:01 AM
The Bills provided no other details, but a source with knowledge of the situation told The News that Everett's surgeons removed his third and fourth vertebrae.

There was word at the hospital late Sunday that Everett was out of surgery and in the intensive care area. He was said to be on a respirator.

http://www.buffalonews.com/home/story/159171.html
wow...that hit must have crushed him...removed or fused? that doesn't bode well for his career...

Turf
09-10-2007, 12:13 AM
Christ people c'mon. His career's over. Let's hope he can live a normal life and be content with that. Who cares about football at this point in his life.

PhinsFan66
09-10-2007, 12:38 AM
Hi Bill's fans.....I just wanted to visit your board to express that my thoughts and prayers are with Kevin Everett. I know sometimes we all get pretty bummed out when we lose....I hated my Phins losing in OT to the Skins, and I am sure the Jet's fans hate losing the way they did today......but nothing makes you realize that football is just a game when you see someone get hurt. I hope and pray that Kevin will be ok. I hope he fully recovers soon.

Ebenezer
09-10-2007, 12:43 AM
thanks phins...

Tatonka
09-10-2007, 01:21 AM
they removed vertebrae?? holy ****.

dplus47
09-10-2007, 01:23 AM
my thoughts and prayers are going out to kevin everett, his family, and his teammates. this is a bit of perspective i'd rather get in some other way, but it's true that life is much bigger than this diversion we love so much.

njsue
09-10-2007, 03:59 AM
God Bless!

billsburgh
09-10-2007, 04:55 AM
:pray: for Kevin Everett and his family. what an unfortunate event.

Luisito23
09-10-2007, 06:38 AM
My prayers go out to him, and his loved ones. Like many I could care about his football career, I just hope, and pray that he recovers soon, and that he can one day live a normal life. God bless Kevin!

MikeInRoch
09-10-2007, 07:00 AM
Christ people c'mon. His career's over. Let's hope he can live a normal life and be content with that. Who cares about football at this point in his life.

Who posted something that made you think we were at all worried about his career? I think everyone here is thinking only that they hope he'll be able to walk again.

gr8slayer
09-10-2007, 07:09 AM
According to ESPN, Bills TE Kevin Everett fractured and dislocated his neck. He did have some "sparse movement" after his surgery. There is concern he may not be able to walk again.
"The next couple of days is going to be critical," said Everett's agent, responding to a question about paralysis. "Our concern is for him to come out of this healthy and, hopefully, be able to walk again." It may be two or three days before more news comes out.

njsue
09-10-2007, 07:33 AM
I heard on sports radio this morning that he is in Intensive care.

:pray: That he is able to walk and fullfill his life!

mybills
09-10-2007, 07:33 AM
I don't know about you guys, but I had to wipe tears from my eyes at the bar. My heart sunk when he dropped like a rag doll. He's so young, and that makes it worse. I pray that he can walk again, and if anyone can get an address to send him a get well card, it would be greatly appreciated.

God speed, Kev. :pray:

HHURRICANE
09-10-2007, 07:35 AM
If those reports are accurate and he at least has SOME type of feeling in his extremities, it seems to be a great sign. Not sure how accurate all of these reports are, but I sure hope they are.

Encouraging sign.

If he has any movement below his neck it will be a miracle. All we can do is pray.

Mitchy moo
09-10-2007, 08:03 AM
Hi Bill's fans.....I just wanted to visit your board to express that my thoughts and prayers are with Kevin Everett. I know sometimes we all get pretty bummed out when we lose....I hated my Phins losing in OT to the Skins, and I am sure the Jet's fans hate losing the way they did today......but nothing makes you realize that football is just a game when you see someone get hurt. I hope and pray that Kevin will be ok. I hope he fully recovers soon.

thx phins.

blackonyx89
09-10-2007, 08:05 AM
He's in my prayers. May the Blood of Jesus heal him and I pray that he'll at least walk again. :pray:

Cntrygal
09-10-2007, 08:18 AM
A card could probably be sent to OBD.

DarkRaven
09-10-2007, 08:55 AM
I'm a Ravens fan and I heard the bad news on ESPN. My thoughts and prayers go out to Kevin Everett and his family.

emocomputerjock
09-10-2007, 10:03 AM
Morning all, I'm checking in from Finheaven, where I normally hang out. As big a rivalry as there is between the Fins and Bills, this is something you never, ever want to see as a fan of the sport, let alone on a human level. I hope and pray the surgery was successful and Everett makes a full recovery, and that we'll get to see him walk onto the field to flip the coin soon.

TigerJ
09-10-2007, 10:10 AM
Dick Jauron news conference at 1:30. Expect an update on Everett then, including a word from the Bills medical director, Dr. John Marzo.

njsue
09-10-2007, 11:10 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-bills-everetthurt&prov=ap&type=lgns

mysticsoto
09-10-2007, 11:46 AM
Let us deal with the tastless comments.

We will do so.

Despite the tasteless comment, this guy did not swear or attack a poster - so I don't see any grounds to have him banned. He expressed his opinion and even though it was poor taste to do so in this manner, he has a right to do that. If you don't like it - neg him, but expressing an unpopular opinion is not a reason to be banned...

Dr. Lecter
09-10-2007, 12:10 PM
Nobody is being banned.

Can we please keep this thread about Kevin Everett?

The_Man_07
09-10-2007, 12:45 PM
I'm a Bronco fan checking in to express my concern for Everett. Any true football fan wants to see our best battle their best and nobody hurt. My thoughts and prayers go out to Everett, his famliy, friends, teammates and fans. Get well, Everett and have a great season Bills.

primadox
09-10-2007, 12:47 PM
Since Everett is a native of Port Arthur TX, not far from Houston, it's being covered on the local news here as well. I'll be watching for updates. Prayers are still going out for Kevin and his family.

Things like this make you hope, beyond his medical needs, that the young man was smart with his money, and that he'll be financially okay after this. I'm sure, however, that the Bills organization will make sure he is taken care of, no matter what.

Again, the well wishes are still coming from Saints fans over at our forum. Kevin's got a lot of people praying for him!

ddaryl
09-10-2007, 02:14 PM
What a crappy way to start this season....

C'mon Everett walk again !!!!

primadox
09-10-2007, 04:06 PM
Another reason to keep the family in our prayers...a fellow saintsreport poster, who also lives here in Texas, said that the high school he played at indicates that he was likely from a poorer part of Port Arthur; also, that area was hit very hard by Hurricane Rita two years ago and likely they are just getting their lives back together, like many people in that community. Sad...

Illmatic15
09-10-2007, 04:07 PM
This was sad, I was thinking out Everett the whole time on our rive back to Toronto.

Get better KE :pray:

Philagape
09-10-2007, 04:14 PM
I just saw an AP alert:

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. - Bills tight end Kevin Everett's chances of regaining full body motion are very small, an attending orthopedic surgeon says.

:(

Dr. Lecter
09-10-2007, 04:23 PM
I saw the press conference with the Orthapedic Surgeon.

He will likely never walk again and still must avoid pnuemonia and other repispatory issues while in his current state.

Everett is optimistic and is worried about his mother.

Philagape
09-10-2007, 04:28 PM
ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. (AP) - The Buffalo Bills' Kevin Everett sustained a "catastrophic" and life-threatening spinal-cord injury and his chances of regaining a full range of body motion are very small, an orthopedic surgeon said Monday.
"A best-case scenario is full recovery, but not likely," Dr. Andrew Cappuccino said, one day after performing a four-hour operation on the player. "I believe there will be some permanent neurological paralysis. ... A full neurological recovery was bleak, dismal."
Cappuccino noted the 25-year-old reserve tight end did have touch sensation throughout his body and also showed signs of movement.