PDA

View Full Version : JP isn't the answer

mchurchfie
09-09-2007, 06:33 PM
Cutler made him look like a rookie. He has no feel or presence of mind for the short game. They took the deep ball away from him and he was clueless. This was a game that he should have helped win. 100 yards passing is unacceptable. Good QBs win games despite adversity, JP hasn't even come close in that department. All we needed were a few first downs and he couldn't deliver. he looked totally lost out there today. Maybe he is a nice guy and works harder than anyone on that team to succeed, but he just doesn't have it in him upstairs to git er done, PERIOD.

83evans
09-09-2007, 06:35 PM
JP played 2 of the best CBs in the league. Trent can not play in the NFL. If we start Trent that will get Juron fired.

mchurchfie
09-09-2007, 06:42 PM
If we start Trent that will get Juron fired.
Then what are we waiting for??

Philagape
09-09-2007, 06:43 PM
It wasn't the short game, it was the medium game that's the problem. He stuck to the short game too much.

mchurchfie
09-09-2007, 06:45 PM
His medium game isn't much better.

Elminster
09-09-2007, 06:45 PM
This at least 7 weeks too soon to talk about pulling the plug on the Losman era...

Tatonka
09-09-2007, 06:46 PM
i disagree.

Bling
09-09-2007, 06:47 PM
i disagree.

What a surprise.

mybills
09-09-2007, 06:47 PM
churchie, I respectfully ask you to STFU.

Thanks. :D

mchurchfie
09-09-2007, 06:49 PM
You can just see it out there, the lightbulb just isn't going on. Time isn't the answer.

don137
09-09-2007, 06:50 PM
JP should not be outplayed by a guy with 5 NFL starts. I truly want JP to be successful but there has been too many bad games out of him the past two seasons. I still say the Bills need to wait 8 or 9 games to see if they should extend his contract or not. I want to believe in him but he needs to play much better and be a lot more consistent.

mchurchfie
09-09-2007, 06:51 PM
churchie, I respectfully ask you to STFU.

Thanks. :D
Request denied.

TigerJ
09-09-2007, 07:00 PM
Is it possible for Losman to play himself out of a starting positino this season? It might be. He did not play well enough today. I think in 2008 there may be an open competition for the starting position, but Losman will have to play pretty poorly to be pulled this season, especially early.

shelby
09-09-2007, 07:00 PM
My two cents....Losman still has a very hard time shaking off errors.
You can see in his face that he gets rattled.
When he scrambled today it was a thing of beauty.
He had Champ Bailey to contend with, that has to be intimidating.
i'm not ready to give up on this kid yet.

BillsFever21
09-09-2007, 07:02 PM
You can only play with what resources you have given to you. It was JP that came up with the pussy ass gameplan and didn't want to open it up. When they finally do it's when they should be playing like they were the rest of the game. That deep pass in that situation was uncalled for. When the chips are down and the game is on the line Jauron crumbles. He was disgustingly outcoached in that 2nd half and especially the 4th quarter.

JP was 14-21. He missed a couple passes but every QB does that during a game. He made the throws and ran the plays the coaches called. These coaches and Jauron just can't adjust. They had months to come up with this gameplan and install it and this is the best that they can do? This will be a very long season.

Even after all that we STILL HAD THE LEAD with 3 minutes to go and the coaches were clueless on how to stop the Broncos. JP wasn't great but the coaches didn't help him or the rest of the team out very much. They coached scared and were playing not to lose. When you do that you lose.

It's not all on JP. He was not on the field when they couldn't hold the Broncos from converting a 3rd and 23 and then a few plays later they couldn't hold them from converting a 3rd and 13. 3 fourth down plays were also converted that drive. This loss is entirely on the coaches. They were pathetic and Jauron proves once again why he's only had 1 winning season out of 7 as a HC. He sucks. Jauron had no answers and adjustments to the Broncos gameplan and had no answer on how to get us off the field on the last drive. The 50 yard bomb on 3rd and 5 was the worst call ever. We get the first down the game is over. Even if we don't it burns more time on the clock and/or causes Denver to use one of their T.O's. We don't do that play and we win the game.

As long as Ralph continues to hire clowns like Dick Jauron we will never be a successful team. The pass defense may be the worse in the league. The run defense was also horrible.

Denver played pathetic today too and we couldn't even beat them at home. They did everything possible to let us win this game but Jauron couldn't bring it home. With this loser as the coach we will continue to be a laughing stock of the league.

Courtesy of the Buffalo Bills SportsCenter just found their play of the week and we will be embarrased once again across the country. Thanks again Jauron.

guy
09-09-2007, 07:06 PM
Cutler made him look like a rookie. He has no feel or presence of mind for the short game. They took the deep ball away from him and he was clueless. This was a game that he should have helped win. 100 yards passing is unacceptable. Good QBs win games despite adversity, JP hasn't even come close in that department. All we needed were a few first downs and he couldn't deliver. he looked totally lost out there today. Maybe he is a nice guy and works harder than anyone on that team to succeed, but he just doesn't have it in him upstairs to git er done, PERIOD. you have no idea what you are talking about. was that jp who had the holding penalty on the last punt? most of you fools on this board make me laugh.

PECKERWOOD
09-09-2007, 07:07 PM
It's not fair to blame Losman completely because our WR's did absolutely nothing either. How can you be certain that the lack of passing productivity is all Losman's fault? Let's be real here... Outside of Lee Evans, what other targets do we have that can move the chains? Parrish is a good catalyst on offense but not the type of reciever that will move the chains consistently. Price sucks. Reed is mediocre at best. Royal sucks. Everett sucks. ( God bless him though, I hope he makes a 100% recovery.. )

kinigirly
09-09-2007, 07:12 PM
if lindell would have made the field goal we wouldn't be having the end of the world arguments tonite. everyone screwed up today in some form

TacklingDummy
09-09-2007, 07:14 PM
Is Houston on the schedule this year? JP usually plays good against them and Miami.

TacklingDummy
09-09-2007, 07:17 PM
JP was 14-21. He missed a couple passes but every QB does that during a game. He made the throws and ran the plays the coaches called. These coaches and Jauron just can't adjust. They had months to come up with this gameplan and install it and this is the best that they can do? This will be a very long season.

First it was Mularkey, now it Jauron, whats the common denominator?

djjimkelly
09-09-2007, 07:30 PM
JP should not be outplayed by a guy with 5 NFL starts. I truly want JP to be successful but there has been too many bad games out of him the past two seasons. I still say the Bills need to wait 8 or 9 games to see if they should extend his contract or not. I want to believe in him but he needs to play much better and be a lot more consistent.

how bout shanahan calls plays for bills today and DICK and co call plays for broncos today we win by 30. JP went 66% today most of the play calls where chicken **** calls afraid to take we was trying to nurse a 3 and 2 point lead all game

ddaryl
09-09-2007, 07:56 PM
I like JP but he isn't progressing the way I had hoped.

His accuracy is inconsistent, and he cannot progress through his reads nor does he read a D well. There were open WR's on a few 3rd down plays and he went short.

He has the arm, he has the attitude and he is doing great things for Buffalo as a community member, but after preseason and the 1st game of the season I see a QB who is going to be ripped on by the fans.

Maybe it is the play calling, but we all know we will get most of the season to judge JP so lets hope the lightbulb burns a little brighter next week.

Oaf
09-09-2007, 08:10 PM
Champ Bailey and Dre Bly alone cannot shutdown an entire offense like they seemed to have done today. Without the deep threats in Evans and Price available, JP simply was not able to compensate with underneath options like Parrish, Reed, and Royal. Lynch was underutilized in the passing game as well.

Anyone ever hear of a quick slant or screen before? Apparently Steve Fairchild AND Perry Fool have NOT.

patmoran2006
09-09-2007, 08:23 PM
JP played 2 of the best CBs in the league. Trent can not play in the NFL. If we start Trent that will get Juron fired.
Are you calling that an excuse?

So is next week's excuse at Pitt going to be they have the best safety in the league in Polamalu??

The following week at NE-- we're going to use the excuse that NE has the best DL in the league?

Excuses, excuses.. ENOUGH ALREADY!

HHURRICANE
09-09-2007, 08:27 PM
Cutler made him look like a rookie. He has no feel or presence of mind for the short game. They took the deep ball away from him and he was clueless. This was a game that he should have helped win. 100 yards passing is unacceptable. Good QBs win games despite adversity, JP hasn't even come close in that department. All we needed were a few first downs and he couldn't deliver. he looked totally lost out there today. Maybe he is a nice guy and works harder than anyone on that team to succeed, but he just doesn't have it in him upstairs to git er done, PERIOD.

If he plays like this next week than I'll be writing this thread. I'm upset that we lost a winnable game. The coaching staff gets some of the blame as well.

Turf
09-09-2007, 08:34 PM
First it was Mularkey, now it Jauron, whats the common denominator?

It's what the 500 LB parakeet said.

CHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPP!!

jmb1099
09-09-2007, 08:39 PM
Total team loss, however, Losman sucked today. I don't care how you try to paint it. I'd give him 4 games to get his crap together and that's it. I want him to succeed, I think everyone here does, but what we want and what is happening are two different things.

Bill Cody
09-09-2007, 09:18 PM
how bout shanahan calls plays for bills today and DICK and co call plays for broncos today we win by 30. JP went 66% today most of the play calls where chicken **** calls afraid to take we was trying to nurse a 3 and 2 point lead all game

No.

Bill Cody
09-09-2007, 09:23 PM
JP was 14-21.

< 5 yards per attempt = pitiful
97 yards = pitiful
no tds and 1 pick = pitiful
7 points at home = pitiful

Get your head out of JP's jock and face reality. JP sucked.

JerseyBoofaloBills
09-09-2007, 09:28 PM
idk man, you saying 100 pass yards in unexceptable..VY threw for only 79 yards an still got the win..Plus he was going up against Champ Bailey..you know the guy who only allowed 4 catches last year..thats pretty damn dominant..and Dre' Bly, who is another dominant cb..first game, JP was doing fine..BUT LET'S GO MARSHAWN LYNCH BABY!

Michael82
09-09-2007, 10:00 PM
idk man, you saying 100 pass yards in unexceptable..VY threw for only 79 yards an still got the win..Plus he was going up against Champ Bailey..you know the guy who only allowed 4 catches last year..thats pretty damn dominant..and Dre' Bly, who is another dominant cb..first game, JP was doing fine..BUT LET'S GO MARSHAWN LYNCH BABY!
Excellent post! :bf1:

OpIv37
09-09-2007, 10:03 PM

It doesn't matter- JP didn't even challenge the two best CB's in the game. It was gutless and inexcusable (although to be fair, Fairchild gets a big chunk of the blame for that).

You can't credit Denver's CB's with JP's poor performance because JP didn't even make them do anything.

OpIv37
09-09-2007, 10:05 PM

how about at least making Champ DO something?

How many batted passes did Champ have? ZERO. How many INT's? ZERO. If the guy can shut down receivers, make him do it, but the Bills didn't- they just assumed he could and didn't challenge. **** that.

Philagape
09-09-2007, 10:06 PM
I don't care who they play. Evans is good enough to challenge anyone. If the CBs are good, then throw to Lynch and the TEs and the other WRs. Run more intermediate routes and get behind the LBs. The CB excuse is lame.

mchurchfie
09-10-2007, 03:21 AM
you have no idea what you are talking about. was that jp who had the holding penalty on the last punt? most of you fools on this board make me laugh.
:down:STFU Troll.

njsue
09-10-2007, 03:55 AM
I felt he should have went deep more to evans who had steps ahead of champ bailey.

A plus is he had great protection.

Lindell does not miss that field goal that would have gave the bills a win.