PDA

View Full Version : Is there any comfort in...

Tatonka
09-09-2007, 06:45 PM
knowing that it took a superbowl contender the final second of the game to win by one point?

I am as bitter as hell right now because when elam missed the late field goal, i really thought we would win it.. but guys.. overall, we saw some good things today.. we can get down on jp.. he didnt play great.. but he was playing against one of the best, if not clearly the best cb duos in the league..

my concern is not really with anything i saw today.. it is more less the fact that the team was not more agressive in free agency. we could have had dre bly. we could have had darwin walker (who had a sack and helped completely stuff LT all day.. we could have had drew bennett or a handfull of other WR2 options (since clearly they dont think reed or parrish can do it).

we suffered some serious injuries throughout the game.. coy first.. then webster.. and there is no way that seeing everett didnt effect players.. i wish we had solid guys behind them.. but on short notice, that is a tough spot to be in. you know those back ups got minimal reps this week.

i am completely encouraged by what i saw from lynch.. that third and 2 he converted when his helmet went sailing.. or the TD he got.. a thing of beauty.. and the city is going to love this kid.. i thought pos played hard as well.. mcargo got a sack as well.

while it stings like hell right now.. there is a silver lining for me.

Elminster
09-09-2007, 06:47 PM
I'm sick of seeing good things, I want us to be talking about a good ending. This team really needs to get its act together for next weekend...

Tatonka
09-09-2007, 06:50 PM
absolutely.. i want that too.. but it was one game..

there are 15 more, at least.

kinigirly
09-09-2007, 06:52 PM
i was shocked and excited we went a whole 2 quarters without causing a penalty

Ebenezer
09-09-2007, 06:53 PM
knowing that it took a superbowl contender the final second of the game to win by one point?

I like your optimism...or sarcasm, I can't figure out which it is yet...

BUT...

don't confuse Denver with a SB contender...Cutler made a huge amount of mistakes today as did Denver. NE or Indi, real contenders, puts at least 35, if not a 50 spot, on this team today.

Wys Guy
09-09-2007, 06:55 PM

I am as bitter as hell right now because when elam missed the late field goal, i really thought we would win it.. but guys.. overall, we saw some good things today.. we can get down on jp.. he didnt play great.. but he was playing against one of the best, if not clearly the best cb duos in the league..

my concern is not really with anything i saw today.. it is more less the fact that the team was not more agressive in free agency. we could have had dre bly. we could have had darwin walker (who had a sack and helped completely stuff LT all day.. we could have had drew bennett or a handfull of other WR2 options (since clearly they dont think reed or parrish can do it).

we suffered some serious injuries throughout the game.. coy first.. then webster.. and there is no way that seeing everett didnt effect players.. i wish we had solid guys behind them.. but on short notice, that is a tough spot to be in. you know those back ups got minimal reps this week.

i am completely encouraged by what i saw from lynch.. that third and 2 he converted when his helmet went sailing.. or the TD he got.. a thing of beauty.. and the city is going to love this kid.. i thought pos played hard as well.. mcargo got a sack as well.

while it stings like hell right now.. there is a silver lining for me.

When you work your way up to Levy's esophagus, let out a shout so that we know you're still OK up there.

BidsJr
09-09-2007, 06:57 PM
When you work your way up to Levy's esophagus, let out a shout so that we know you're still OK up there.

:spam:

shelby
09-09-2007, 06:57 PM
The first half of the game, with the exception of injuries, was sweet.

What surprised me is our D was effective against the run, better than i expected.

Poz is a beast and i am officially in love.

Lynch is a badass!

There are some positives. i am not naive enough to believe we are playoff contenders, but there is hope for us.

don137
09-09-2007, 06:58 PM
I think Denver is overrated. I think they are no better than a 9-7 club. However, the Bills will never get respect around the league unless they learn how to win against decent opponents instead of collapsing at the end of a game. A loss is a loss no matter what and this team needs to learn how to win close games.

I also love Lynch. He is so much better than WM. He plays with such passion and is awesome at utilizing his blockers.

Ebenezer
09-09-2007, 06:59 PM
last warning between you two...good discussion can come of this...stop the personal attacks.

PECKERWOOD
09-09-2007, 07:00 PM
Tell ya what..

Peters and Dockery are amazing together! I saw them knock people on their asses multiple times! Lynch is the real deal as well and it's comforting to see that all the negativity from preseason talk about our run game has died down completely since Lynch was let loose!

patmoran2006
09-09-2007, 07:59 PM

my concern is not really with anything i saw today.. it is more less the fact that the team was not more agressive in free agency. .
Stop right there.

That's what I've been saying. Getting the RIGHT GUYS in FA when you sign players is the difference between losing and winning games.

What pissed me off the most was watching that Bears/SD game-- Darwin

A more competent CB than Webster probably makes a play at some point... and upgrade over Peerless Price makes a play offensively and we win.

We are "aggressive" in FA- something like 17 FA's in the past two years. THe problem is we continue to sign the WRONG ones.

YardRat
09-09-2007, 08:04 PM
Lynch was a bright spot. The kid is going to be a stud.

I'm not as concerned about the injuries save for Everett for his own sake, and Simpson for the team's. Big drop-off between he and Leonhard.

Oaf
09-09-2007, 08:04 PM
Is Denver really a contender for the Super Bowl? It's hard to take comfort in constantly finding a way to lose a football game, whether it be a pretender or contender.

BADTHINGSMAN
09-09-2007, 08:08 PM
I agree there were some great things in this game, it just seemed for every good thing, 2 stupid things followed it.. Everytime Buffalo had them stopped they gave up the big play..

Scumbag College
09-09-2007, 08:10 PM
Stop right there.

That's what I've been saying. Getting the RIGHT GUYS in FA when you sign players is the difference between losing and winning games.

What pissed me off the most was watching that Bears/SD game-- Darwin

A more competent CB than Webster probably makes a play at some point... and upgrade over Peerless Price makes a play offensively and we win.

We are "aggressive" in FA- something like 17 FA's in the past two years. THe problem is we continue to sign the WRONG ones.

I agree. I believe Dockery and Walker will work out well, I really have no complaints about any of the play of the OL today and I think it's a good omen of things to come.

However, glaring needs on this team were not addressed and/or addressed poorly. PP is not the answer at #2 WR, and wasn't last year either. No FA WR were brought in and none drafted. The DT and CB positions were handled poorly with bringing in Webster who is now injured, although he wasn't much help to begin with; and D. Walker, which the whole scenario was bizarre and embarrasing. No CBs or DTs drafted.

MikeInRoch
09-09-2007, 08:11 PM
Denver, the way they played today, is not a SB contender. In any way, shape, or form.

TacklingDummy
09-09-2007, 08:14 PM
The Biggest comfort for me is knowing the the JP Era is almost over.

Mr. Pink
09-09-2007, 08:17 PM
I don't mean to offend anyone but I have to say this...

This thread is the epitome of a "losers mentality." Period.

A loss is a loss. We've had inept coaching and poor execution for years. We as Bills fans DESERVE EPH*ING BETTER THAN THIS HORSE S*** period.

There's no silver lining...look at the W-L column it stills says 0-1. That's all that matters. Here's a silver lining for you...we're a team that some have said could win 10 games and make the playoffs-I don't see it but, considering we gave away what would have been 1 of those 10, now even the optimists have to find a new game we're gonna win to replace it. 35-0 or 15-14 either way you slice it, a loss is a loss.

I'm sick of going, oh we lost but it was close, so that's ok.

Unacceptable. I'm not accepting mediocrity and then praising it. We s**t the bed and gave away a very winnable game due to piss poor gameplanning/clock management. The same issues this organization has been plagued with since the TD era.

patmoran2006
09-09-2007, 08:20 PM
Damn.

BAM
09-09-2007, 08:20 PM
So close. I'm not ready to throw in the towell on JP or the Bills just yet though.

Ingtar33
09-09-2007, 08:47 PM
i'll only say that we play another game like this in Pittsburgh next week, and we'll get blown out of the stadium.

TacklingDummy
09-09-2007, 08:48 PM
Heartbreaking Loss at home and injuries. Next week has blow out written all over.

raphael120
09-09-2007, 08:50 PM

A loss is a loss. We've had inept coaching and poor execution for years. We as Bills fans DESERVE EPH*ING BETTER THAN THIS HORSE S*** period.

There's no silver lining...look at the W-L column it stills says 0-1. That's all that matters. Here's a silver lining for you...we're a team that some have said could win 10 games and make the playoffs-I don't see it but, considering we gave away what would have been 1 of those 10, now even the optimists have to find a new game we're gonna win to replace it. 35-0 or 15-14 either way you slice it, a loss is a loss.

Unacceptable. I'm not accepting mediocrity and then praising it. We s**t the bed and gave away a very winnable game due to piss poor gameplanning/clock management. The same issues this organization has been plagued with since the TD era.

I like this guy, great post.

raphael120
09-09-2007, 08:53 PM
The only thing you can give to Denver is that theyre closer to being playoff calibre than we are.

I just dont see how people can sit back and just think up excuses all the time. Im not going to make exucses. I want to see results and I'm not seeing anything yet.

Ive been getting excuses and so called explainations for the longest time fromt he bills FO. Bein from Pittsburgh, I might as well liken this team to the damn Pirates.

jmb1099
09-09-2007, 08:56 PM
If we had lost despite good coaching and decent play than I can accept that happens from time to time. But our coaching sucked, and Losman acted like he was in his first game all over again. No excuse for it

justasportsfan
09-09-2007, 09:11 PM
I know the loss sucked and call me a homer but I think the O will bounce back from this. Tough sched or not if JP doesn't bounce back from this, I think a change of carreer would be best. Like Mayor of buffalo where he can help the community.

I wasn't all that down and out with the D but the O was worse.

Philagape
09-09-2007, 09:57 PM
A close loss counts as much as any loss, so I don't take comfort in it. Winning teams come through in the clutch and win the close ones.

That said, I had this game down for a loss anyway, so I'm far from giving up on the season. There was a dramatic turnaround last year, and if we figure out how to put the pieces together on offense, we can take some pressure off the D.

Tatonka
09-09-2007, 11:03 PM

your post is a ****ing douchebag.

Tatonka
09-09-2007, 11:07 PM

thats your opinion.. this is entertainment.. it is supposed to be enjoyable.. if you want to sit around and piss and moan and be miserable, be my guest.. you can turn into a person like wys for all i care.. i cant control anything the bills do, so im not going to let it ruin my day.

i enjoyed pretty much the whole game today right up till the end..

Tatonka
09-09-2007, 11:08 PM

sorry, i dont mean to offend anybody by saying this...

by the way.. you root for the bills and browns..

so clearly, you ARE willing to accept mediocrity..

sorry, just stating the obvious.

Meathead
09-10-2007, 12:33 AM
no comfort whatsoever

denver was not impressive. there were multiple excellent chances to win that game but the bills committed far too many mistakes at critical times to come out on top

while i was watching the game with my dad i started counting the unforced mistakes. by halftime the count was buffalo 8 denver 1. the mistakes continued in the second half and i ended up losing count but my estimate would literally be about 15-4. probably most disturbing is they came from EVERYWHERE. people took turns ***king up, including the coaches

thats just unacceptable. im not sure they coulda beat the browns today with that performance

If we had lost despite good coaching and decent play than I can accept that happens from time to time. But our coaching sucked, and Losman acted like he was in his first game all over again. No excuse for it

that pretty much sums it up

Tatonka
09-10-2007, 01:23 AM
so they couldnt beat the browns today, but they lost by one point to denver?