X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

Is there any comfort in...

knowing that it took a superbowl contender the final second of the game to win by one point?

I am as bitter as hell right now because when elam missed the late field goal, i really thought we would win it.. but guys.. overall, we saw some good things today.. we can get down on jp.. he didnt play great.. but he was playing against one of the best, if not clearly the best cb duos in the league..

my concern is not really with anything i saw today.. it is more less the fact that the team was not more agressive in free agency. we could have had dre bly. we could have had darwin walker (who had a sack and helped completely stuff LT all day.. we could have had drew bennett or a handfull of other WR2 options (since clearly they dont think reed or parrish can do it).

we suffered some serious injuries throughout the game.. coy first.. then webster.. and there is no way that seeing everett didnt effect players.. i wish we had solid guys behind them.. but on short notice, that is a tough spot to be in. you know those back ups got minimal reps this week.

i am completely encouraged by what i saw from lynch.. that third and 2 he converted when his helmet went sailing.. or the TD he got.. a thing of beauty.. and the city is going to love this kid.. i thought pos played hard as well.. mcargo got a sack as well.

while it stings like hell right now.. there is a silver lining for me.
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe
  • Elminster
    #1 Kelsay Fan
    • Oct 2006

Re: Is there any comfort in...

I'm sick of seeing good things, I want us to be talking about a good ending. This team really needs to get its act together for next weekend...
    Good riddance Fairchild. Of course, the knowledge of your departure will only make TE more hateable than the typical Bills QB. Good luck, hope we don't mess you up like JP.

Comment

• Tatonka
      • Jul 2002

absolutely.. i want that too.. but it was one game..

there are 15 more, at least.
      "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• kinigirly
        • Sep 2005

i was shocked and excited we went a whole 2 quarters without causing a penalty

Comment

• Ebenezer
          Give me a minute...
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka
          knowing that it took a superbowl contender the final second of the game to win by one point?

I like your optimism...or sarcasm, I can't figure out which it is yet...

BUT...

don't confuse Denver with a SB contender...Cutler made a huge amount of mistakes today as did Denver. NE or Indi, real contenders, puts at least 35, if not a 50 spot, on this team today.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

I am as bitter as hell right now because when elam missed the late field goal, i really thought we would win it.. but guys.. overall, we saw some good things today.. we can get down on jp.. he didnt play great.. but he was playing against one of the best, if not clearly the best cb duos in the league..

my concern is not really with anything i saw today.. it is more less the fact that the team was not more agressive in free agency. we could have had dre bly. we could have had darwin walker (who had a sack and helped completely stuff LT all day.. we could have had drew bennett or a handfull of other WR2 options (since clearly they dont think reed or parrish can do it).

we suffered some serious injuries throughout the game.. coy first.. then webster.. and there is no way that seeing everett didnt effect players.. i wish we had solid guys behind them.. but on short notice, that is a tough spot to be in. you know those back ups got minimal reps this week.

i am completely encouraged by what i saw from lynch.. that third and 2 he converted when his helmet went sailing.. or the TD he got.. a thing of beauty.. and the city is going to love this kid.. i thought pos played hard as well.. mcargo got a sack as well.

while it stings like hell right now.. there is a silver lining for me.
            When you work your way up to Levy's esophagus, let out a shout so that we know you're still OK up there.

Comment

• BidsJr
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Wys Guy
              When you work your way up to Levy's esophagus, let out a shout so that we know you're still OK up there.
              "Well I drink too much and get punched in the head by fighters for fun, so my memory isn't so great." -OpIv37

Comment

• shelby
                The Vanilla *****
                • Jul 2002

The first half of the game, with the exception of injuries, was sweet.

What surprised me is our D was effective against the run, better than i expected.

Poz is a beast and i am officially in love.

Lynch is a badass!

There are some positives. i am not naive enough to believe we are playoff contenders, but there is hope for us.

Comment

• don137
                  • Jul 2002

I think Denver is overrated. I think they are no better than a 9-7 club. However, the Bills will never get respect around the league unless they learn how to win against decent opponents instead of collapsing at the end of a game. A loss is a loss no matter what and this team needs to learn how to win close games.

I also love Lynch. He is so much better than WM. He plays with such passion and is awesome at utilizing his blockers.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                    Give me a minute...
                    • Jul 2002

last warning between you two...good discussion can come of this...stop the personal attacks.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                      Defies all logic
                      • Oct 2006

Tell ya what..

Peters and Dockery are amazing together! I saw them knock people on their asses multiple times! Lynch is the real deal as well and it's comforting to see that all the negativity from preseason talk about our run game has died down completely since Lynch was let loose!

Comment

• patmoran2006
                        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                        • Dec 2005

my concern is not really with anything i saw today.. it is more less the fact that the team was not more agressive in free agency. .
                        Stop right there.

That's what I've been saying. Getting the RIGHT GUYS in FA when you sign players is the difference between losing and winning games.

What pissed me off the most was watching that Bears/SD game-- Darwin

A more competent CB than Webster probably makes a play at some point... and upgrade over Peerless Price makes a play offensively and we win.

We are "aggressive" in FA- something like 17 FA's in the past two years. THe problem is we continue to sign the WRONG ones.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• YardRat
                          Well, lookie here...
                          • Dec 2004

Lynch was a bright spot. The kid is going to be a stud.

I'm not as concerned about the injuries save for Everett for his own sake, and Simpson for the team's. Big drop-off between he and Leonhard.
                          YardRat Wall of Fame
                          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Oaf
                            Do you read what you write?
                            • Jun 2007

Is Denver really a contender for the Super Bowl? It's hard to take comfort in constantly finding a way to lose a football game, whether it be a pretender or contender.

Comment

• BADTHINGSMAN
                              • Oct 2002

I agree there were some great things in this game, it just seemed for every good thing, 2 stupid things followed it.. Everytime Buffalo had them stopped they gave up the big play..

Comment

Working...
                              X