PDA

View Full Version : Am I Missing something?

xXSpIkes5IXx
09-09-2007, 07:12 PM
Did JP Losman make any terrible throws?

Did he look out of sync with his recievers?

His interception was a tipped screen pass.

Bottom line, we tried to run the screen game today vs. the broncos and failed miserably, that explains the lack of passing yards for JP. If any of those screens go for more than 2 yards his stats look much better. As far as i could see, JP didnt look bad, i dont know what you guys want out of him? If the playcall is a screen hes throwing a screen.

Lee Evans had problems all day with Champ Bailey, our defense gave up 470 yards, we are riddled with injuries. Those are the real problems, not JP's lack of production, we needed to open the passing game up more, not throw 9 screen passes, where none of them worked due to lack of downfield blocking.

Ebenezer
09-09-2007, 07:16 PM
he missed a wide open Robert Royal on seam route...either didn't see him or didn't throw to him...either he doesn't throw to the middle or the coaches call a game that has him throwing to the outside...

Philagape
09-09-2007, 07:40 PM
The thing with JP today isn't what he did, as far as mistakes. He made a few, nothing abnormally bad for an NFL QB.

It's what JP didn't do .... make plays.

JP had the time for the most part, and from what I could see on TV, he went through his progressions and apparently didn't like what he saw, a lot. Whether that was because the receivers weren't getting open (very plausible) or JP not seeing open receivers, I couldn't say. People are saying the coaches don't trust JP, but I'm wondering if JP doesn't trust himself to make an accurate medium-range throw.

shelby
09-09-2007, 07:42 PM
J.P. gets rattled and has a hard time shaking it. That is my opinion....it's as simple as that.

kinigirly
09-09-2007, 07:43 PM
if he doesn't trust the playcalling i would love to see them go no huddle and let him make the decisions on field. somehow i don't see fairchild or jauron giving up any of that power any time soon

HHURRICANE
09-09-2007, 07:44 PM
The thing with JP today isn't what he did, as far as mistakes. He made a few, nothing abnormally bad for an NFL QB.

It's what JP didn't do .... make plays.

JP had the time for the most part, and from what I could see on TV, he went through his progressions and apparently didn't like what he saw, a lot. Whether that was because the receivers weren't getting open (very plausible) or JP not seeing open receivers, I couldn't say. People are saying the coaches don't trust JP, but I'm wondering if JP doesn't trust himself to make an accurate medium-range throw.

Great post. Maybe both.

The INT at half-time was just plain stupid. He hit a lineman with a pass. Bounced a ball in front of Parrish. Threw to Evans wrong shoulder on the deep ball. Missed a wide open Royal.

It just wasn't good.

Ebenezer
09-09-2007, 07:45 PM
J.P. gets rattled and has a hard time shaking it. That is my opinion....it's as simple as that.
if they start 0-8 (which is real) then do they go to Edwards?

shelby
09-09-2007, 07:47 PM
i wouldn't have a problem with them going to Edwards midseason.
However, you need to give J.P. more than one game to see what he's capable of before pulling the plug.

YardRat
09-09-2007, 07:54 PM
To me, and I've said this since the end of last season, the next step in JP's progression was starting the season strong, something he has failed to do the last two years.

I don't expect the guy to be a world beater, I would just like to see him be able to make the basic plays in the middle of the field. Look comfortable in the pocket, confident on the field. Drop, set, and throw.

I think Philagape said it best...

JP doesn't trust himself to make an accurate medium-range throw.

SABURZFAN
09-10-2007, 05:15 AM
Did JP Losman make any terrible throws?

Did he look out of sync with his recievers?

His interception was a tipped screen pass.

Bottom line, we tried to run the screen game today vs. the broncos and failed miserably, that explains the lack of passing yards for JP. If any of those screens go for more than 2 yards his stats look much better. As far as i could see, JP didnt look bad, i dont know what you guys want out of him? If the playcall is a screen hes throwing a screen.

Lee Evans had problems all day with Champ Bailey, our defense gave up 470 yards, we are riddled with injuries. Those are the real problems, not JP's lack of production, we needed to open the passing game up more, not throw 9 screen passes, where none of them worked due to lack of downfield blocking.

JP's lack of production and excuses made for him are getting real old. :rolleyes:

billsburgh
09-10-2007, 05:20 AM
if they start 0-8 (which is real) then do they go to Edwards?
if he keeps playing like he did yesterday, why not?

jmb1099
09-10-2007, 05:47 AM
Four games. He had all of last year and seemed to have turned a corner. I know four games sounds drastic, and I like Losman, but enough is enough. If he can't put it together in the first four games he's just no ever gonna do it.