X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • unpaid_bills
    • Nov 2004

Forked Thread: The deep pass was a GREAT call

We all have our opinions. Bottom line we lost. Its not like Jauron wanted to lose the game - they practice these plays all the time and make the calls they think will work. I guess my main point is here is just that particular call did not alone cost us the game. There were several things after to point too nobody seems to be concerned with.

I just still think that was a good call at the time. I think they also were thinking if Denver gets the ball back all they need is a FG anyway and went for it.

Forked from: The deep pass was a GREAT call

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!
    YES!

Run a sprint out pass option...if the pass is there throw it...if nothing is there run it. Remember, even if you don't get the first down...the clock still runs, and woulda taken it down to the 2 minute warning or forced Denver to blow a timeout.

It's risk vs reward...the bomb was high risk high reward....a 3 yard dumpoff or bootleg is low risk high reward. A TD wasn't necessary there, moving the chains and/or clock was.

I've seen how many of people around say Dick is a great coach, Dick is better than Mularkey. The final two play calls were straight out of Mularkey's playbook or Kevin Gilbride...equally ******ed.
    Nobody circles the wagons like the Buffalo Bills .... Bills Mafia for life
  • Philagape
    WIN NOW
    • Jul 2002

Re: Forked Thread: The deep pass was a GREAT call

In a close game, lots of things cost us the game alone.
    "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
    2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

Working...
    X