PDA

View Full Version : To be critical of the Bills and JP does not mean you are not a Bills Fan

historypete
09-09-2007, 11:12 PM
First of all I want everyone to know that I've supported this kid through all of Mularkey's crap and his first 8 games last year when he was struggling. I was overjoyed to see him turn it around late last year and I thought (and still believe) he has the ability to become this teams QB for the foreseeable future. I did not want to give up on him then and I don't want to give up on him now.

With that said, I find it amazing how many people are so sensative when it comes to JP and criticizing his play. To criticize his play does not mean that you want him or the team to fail, it is just pointing out the obvious. Today is a perfect example. I don't think JP played well at all. His mechanics have been shakey, his throws were off, and he just didn't show any fire. I know his WR's didn't help him much (Price especially), and his TE's are useless, but there has to be a point where he takes over and says I'm leading this team to victory regardless.

But by saying these things, it doesn't mean I think we should throw him under the bus and bench him for a rookie who would come in and struggle. I think TD would like this, but I think that is way too drastic a step. I want to see Losman succeed. I'm sick of the QB carousel around here. I want some stability. But at the same time it doesn't mean I won't criticize him when he plays poorly, just like I will defend him when he plays well.

Too many people are quick to trounce others around here because they will be critical of the team and/or JP (OP is a good example of a whipping boy lately, and I remember Pat Moran getting flogged). Criticism is not a bad thing people, don't become over sensative and lash out. Take a second and think it through because many of these points are valid. For instance, our Defense was horrible today (anytime you give up 470 yards its not a good day), so was the offense (minus Lynch, and I actually thought the o-line played pretty well), and definately the coaching. But by saying this it doesn't mean I hate the team or want them to fail. I've watched this team since I was a little kid. I've lived through the hard time 80s and the good time 90s. I'm a fan for life, but that does not mean I'm going to sit around and rubber stamp everything that happens to this team or its QB.

On a final note, I want to say I wish all the best to Kevin Everett and I pray he will make a full recovery. It is no longer about football for Everett at this point, it is about regaining complete feeling in his body and walking again.

Philagape
09-09-2007, 11:16 PM
There are a few who go beyond criticism to ignorant, biased hate.

PECKERWOOD
09-09-2007, 11:19 PM
First of all I want everyone to know that I've supported this kid through all of Mularkey's crap and his first 8 games last year when he was struggling. I was overjoyed to see him turn it around late last year and I thought (and still believe) he has the ability to become this teams QB for the foreseeable future. I did not want to give up on him then and I don't want to give up on him now.

With that said, I find it amazing how many people are so sensative when it comes to JP and criticizing his play. To criticize his play does not mean that you want him or the team to fail, it is just pointing out the obvious. Today is a perfect example. I don't think JP played well at all. His mechanics have been shakey, his throws were off, and he just didn't show any fire. I know his WR's didn't help him much (Price especially), and his TE's are useless, but there has to be a point where he takes over and says I'm leading this team to victory regardless.

But by saying these things, it doesn't mean I think we should throw him under the bus and bench him for a rookie who would come in and struggle. I think TD would like this, but I think that is way too drastic a step. I want to see Losman succeed. I'm sick of the QB carousel around here. I want some stability. But at the same time it doesn't mean I won't criticize him when he plays poorly, just like I will defend him when he plays well.

Too many people are quick to trounce others around here because they will be critical of the team and/or JP (OP is a good example of a whipping boy lately, and I remember Pat Moran getting flogged). Criticism is not a bad thing people, don't become over sensative and lash out. Take a second and think it through because many of these points are valid. For instance, our Defense was horrible today (anytime you give up 470 yards its not a good day), so was the offense (minus Lynch, and I actually thought the o-line played pretty well), and definately the coaching. But by saying this it doesn't mean I hate the team or want them to fail. I've watched this team since I was a little kid. I've lived through the hard time 80s and the good time 90s. I'm a fan for life, but that does not mean I'm going to sit around and rubber stamp everything that happens to this team or its QB.

On a final note, I want to say I wish all the best to Kevin Everett and I pray he will make a full recovery. It is no longer about football for Everett at this point, it is about regaining complete feeling in his body and walking again.

Your best post yet. :bf1:

historypete
09-09-2007, 11:22 PM
<HR style="COLOR: #f3f3ff" SIZE=1> <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->There are a few who go beyond criticism to ignorant, biased hate.

That may be true, but I think it cuts both ways also. There are many people who are so blind in their loyalty to this team that they overreact to some valid criticism. I understand your point though.

TacklingDummy
09-09-2007, 11:25 PM
But by saying these things, it doesn't mean I think we should throw him under the bus and bench him for a rookie who would come in and struggle. I think TD would like this, but I think that is way too drastic a step.

TD has said this is Losman's team. TD has said multiple times that Edwards shouldn't start until week 12-13 and thats only if the Bills stink.

Next Sunday I expect JP to be under center against Pittsburgh.

historypete
09-09-2007, 11:28 PM

I know you EXPECT him to be under center next week, but do you WANT him under center next week? That is the point I'm trying to make. Why else would you have his running record as a starter up.

kinigirly
09-09-2007, 11:32 PM
i agree. every member of this team should be criticized. criticizing jp however is a touchy situation because he's a quarterback. people are much more passionate and heated about the qb position because its the most important. not only does the overwhelming majority of scoring points lay on his shoulders, but he is also the role model/leader/captain of the team. people expect the most out of him because of it. and seeing as we haven't had a solid qb in years people are even quicker to jump on him because we are restless and at our breaking point with this position. i have always been a jp supporter and am not sold after this first game that he has failed us. if and when i feel he can't give us what we need, believe me i will admit it. there's a huge difference between people that critique him and hate his bad decisions as a football player, and those that just hate him. its business, not personal. if people keep to that then i respect their posts

TacklingDummy
09-09-2007, 11:41 PM

I know you EXPECT him to be under center next week, but do you WANT him under center next week?

Yes, I want Losman under center next week. It would be unfair to JP and Trent to switch QB so early. Just because I think JP stinks doesn't mean I don't want him to get his shot at proving me wrong.

What I don't want to see is come week 12-13 is JP under center and the Bills are 2-10/3-9 . Then JP can have a couple of good games against the weaker part of our schedule and everyone will say how JP is the next God at QB again.

historypete
09-09-2007, 11:45 PM
Fair enough TD. But what if they are, for arguments sake, 2-10, but they are losing 35-28 every game, and JP is playing well. Is that a factor in your mind to say we should stick with him, and fix the defense because that is so pourous. I know this will probably not happen, but it is a possiblity to consider.

TacklingDummy
09-09-2007, 11:49 PM
Fair enough TD. But what if they are, for arguments sake, 2-10, but they are losing 35-28 every game, and JP is playing well.

As of right now I can only go by the Denver game and the previous 3 years.

historypete
09-10-2007, 12:00 AM
As of right now I can only go by the Denver game and the previous 3 years.

That is fine because past experience is all we can really judge JP on. But, by most accounts, including mine, most believe JP made great strides towards the end of last year, but you seemed to be not impressed. I don't blame you for being skeptical, but is it possible you are expecting too much from him. Actually, I don't know what you expect. Do you want certain statistics?, wins, consistancy? A gauge would be good.

For me, it is consistency right now, being able to move the offense, put up points, give the team a fighting chance. That is my barometer for success with JP.

jamze132
09-10-2007, 12:50 AM
If JP is averaging less than 100 yards a game for the next 8 games, I think would have seen enough of him.