PDA

View Full Version : After sleeping on it.....Heres my take

X-Era
09-10-2007, 06:20 AM
We have some serious problems right now. Its due to injury/suspension.

We have 3 DE who arent playing- Denney gone for the season, Wallace injured, Hargrove suspended 4 games

We have 2 LB's gone- Coy is probably done till at least after the bye, Ellison could easily be out another 3-4 games

We lost our starting CB and FS most likely till at least after the bye. Ko's probably gone for the year, Webster may be able to wear a cast but still is looking at 3-4 games in that case.

When you lose starting FS, starting CB, starting LB, and first wave backup LB, and 3 rotational DE's...your in trouble.

Now, Youbouty had up and down plays. I liked his tackle to prevent the 1st down on Walker. I liked how he was in good position and didnt get beat badly. I also watched him wiff a few tackles too though. The need to hit the waiver wire hard and get at least a LB in my mind.

POS was everywhere. What a great prospect. He missed a few tackles but made scores of others at or near the line of scrimmage. I said he will be better than Fletch day one, and it looks like he is so far.

Pass rush was pretty bad overall, not enough.

I dont even want to think about what NE will do to this secondary. They better get much better quickly because they played really bad. The hole between the CB and S was hit all day and was open every time. Whitner looked great but he cant do it alone. This is the worst part of the team right now.

On O, Lynch is going to be a great one. He is one tough minded runner. A bit too much dancing, but hedrags tacklers which is nice to see when McGahee used to go down by the shoestrings. I like how we forced it down there throat in the 1st quarter and 4th. I was abit suprised that we didnt run more in the middle quarters.

I REALLY THOUGHT our O-LINE LOOKED GOOD!! The sacks were either the TE or RB.

Losman had a bad day. They were playing against one of the best secondarys in the league but sometimes teams play in those situations and you have to find a way to win anyways. I dont know why we didnt go with underneath routes more.

Special teams was again special. Outside of Lindell. If you want a scapegoat, theres a clear one. he missed 2 and either would have won the game.

Coaching was pretty boneheaded overall. 3 and 5? that was a dumb move IMO. They ran Lynch on a 3rd and long that he actually converted but that was dumb too. Clock management was pretty bad.

We did some good, weve got some building blocks, but we must improve in the secondary, get our O passing rythym, and coach to win.

Unfortunately, we have 2 very tough road games ahead in Pitt and NE, so we better fix the problems fast.

Elminster
09-10-2007, 07:47 AM
I think the play-calling was weak. What is clear is that they need to get their butts in gear for Sunday in Pittsburgh, or we're going to get embarrassed. Injuries or not, if they can't shape up, it's going to be a very long season. And A-Train needs to not get the ball: clearly he looked good because we only had McGahee to compare him with....

evol4276
09-10-2007, 08:58 AM
we need to hit the FA market. and not just any FA, potential starting FA's, if there is such a thing left anymore. no more picking up murphy's and harrison's. theyll be lesser names but theres gotta be people out there who have played good for teams!