PDA

View Full Version : Can you look anyone in the eye today and say JP played well??

Mitchy moo
09-10-2007, 06:39 AM
JP was a falling, holding onto the ball to long fool yesterday. As of today and being more sober I think he is the last of TD's trash we need to sweep away. He looks the part and talks the part but he doens't act the part. I am looking for a good actor and this guy isn't it.

Wraith
09-10-2007, 06:46 AM
When exactly did he hold on to the ball too long? He took two sacks, both of which were unblocked defenders that he immediately saw and attempted to avoid...

Wally The Barber
09-10-2007, 07:02 AM
When exactly did he hold on to the ball too long? He took two sacks, both of which were unblocked defenders that he immediately saw and attempted to avoid...

When didn't he hold it too long, I can think of one play, and that was the long one to Evans!

Tatonka
09-10-2007, 08:01 AM
god.. i knew the start of the season was going to be bad.. but if skooby is flip flopping.. what is the world coming too.

Mitchy moo
09-10-2007, 08:16 AM
god.. i knew the start of the season was going to be bad.. but if skooby is flip flopping.. what is the world coming too.

I watched Edwards play against the walmart crew and he did well, would that translate into a superior NFL career I cannot say but Bill Walsh called Marv from his deathbed and said Edwards is a winner. That is really enough to convince me & maybe Marv should start listening.

mybills
09-10-2007, 08:17 AM
Edwards wouldn't have faired well either with the stupid game plan Jauron had. :shakeno:

Mitchy moo
09-10-2007, 08:20 AM
Edwards wouldn't have faired well either with the stupid game plan Jauron had. :shakeno:

I bet he might have passed for more than 97 yards, that's brutal.

Mitchy moo
09-10-2007, 08:46 AM
I just read this and it speaks volumes:

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/story/159412.html

Jan Reimers
09-10-2007, 09:18 AM
With the absurd offensive play calling and some horrific offensive line play, JP simply had no chance to succeed.

The coaching staff really needs to let the offense loose, or we won't win 4 games this year, even if we bring in Edwards. No QB could survive the horror show that was yesterday's game plan.

Elminster
09-10-2007, 09:39 AM
With the absurd offensive play calling and some horrific offensive line play, JP simply had no chance to succeed.

The coaching staff really needs to let the offense loose, or we won't win 4 games this year, even if we bring in Edwards. No QB could survive the horror show that was yesterday's game plan.
They could've made Kelly look like a scrub out there....

mybills
09-10-2007, 10:24 AM
They could've made Kelly look like a scrub out there....
:posrep:

Mitchy moo
09-10-2007, 10:43 AM

I think that JP had his chances and blew it. I can remember a few plays he over and under threw the ball. No one is pulling throws off the field that are too low. He looked panicked and confused all day. After 4 years of being there, one would think that the jitters would go away.

Did Edwards look like a jittery victim when he played?? He looked more poised than just about anyone when he was out there, that's what we need.

Meathead
09-10-2007, 10:44 AM
jp looked shakey and unconfident, but he was far from the main problem yesterday

this is a stupid ass team chock full of mistakes. its shocking actually

jp wasnt good but he wouldnt make my top ten biggest culprits for the galling loss

Mitchy moo
09-10-2007, 10:48 AM
jp looked shakey and unconfident, but he was far from the main problem yesterday

If he makes one more of those throws we would of won. 97 yards passing, give me a freaking break. He looked like a scared mouse at a cat carnival, no poise at all. During Edwards brief time on the field, he looked great and very poised. When the pressure came, he just tossed the ball a split second before they got to him. It's games that are won on split second decisions, in case you missed the ending yesterday.

Wraith
09-10-2007, 10:49 AM
Listen Wally, I know this is hard for you to understand, but "When didn't he hold on to the ball too long" is not an actual answer. Give me some specific plays when throwing earlier would have had any benefit at all to the Bills offense. Considering he was only sacked twice, both of those sacks were almost immediate, I doubt you will be able to find more than a couple...

Meathead
09-10-2007, 11:24 AM
skoob stop with the edwards stuff

if you want to see a young qb completely blown up and be ruined for years go ahead and keep playing up edwards. however bad it might look now, and regardless of whether edwards ends up a hof qb, it would be a total clusterf*** disaster to consider playing him for the forseeable future. its beyond absurd

so for at least the next ten games please :stfu: about edwards. right now hes nothing but fools gold. the only thing we can do is focus on whether losman will rebound from this very slow start and progressing over time

Earthquake Enyart
09-10-2007, 11:26 AM

this is a stupid ass team chock full of mistakes. its shocking actually

jp wasnt good but he wouldnt make my top ten biggest culprits for the galling loss
JP is number one on my list.

When you run the ball twice on 3rd and 10, what does that tell you about the coaches confidence in the QB?

Jan Reimers
09-10-2007, 11:27 AM
I think that JP had his chances and blew it. I can remember a few plays he over and under threw the ball. No one is pulling throws off the field that are too low. He looked panicked and confused all day. After 4 years of being there, one would think that the jitters would go away.

Did Edwards look like a jittery victim when he played?? He looked more poised than just about anyone when he was out there, that's what we need.
Cripes, Skooby, Edwards only played mop up roles in 4 preseason games against our opponents 2nd and 3rd string defenses. Give me a break.

baalworship
09-10-2007, 11:37 AM
JP Losman also looked good in pre-season in his first and 2nd years.

Losman played poorly but most of the blame for the offensive offense goes to the gameplanning and playcalling.

The Bills ran 3 different plays most of the game:

1.Inside Run to Marshawm
2.Marshawn sweep
3. 2-5 yard out pattern

Jan Reimers
09-10-2007, 12:28 PM
skoob stop with the edwards stuff

if you want to see a young qb completely blown up and be ruined for years go ahead and keep playing up edwards. however bad it might look now, and regardless of whether edwards ends up a hof qb, it would be a total clusterf*** disaster to consider playing him for the forseeable future. its beyond absurd

so for at least the next ten games please :stfu: about edwards. right now hes nothing but fools gold. the only thing we can do is focus on whether losman will rebound from this very slow start and progressing over time
Edwards got killed at Stanford by an inferior offensive line. Imagine what he'd do behind ours.

Night Train
09-10-2007, 12:35 PM
J.P. didn't have a good game but the playcalling was terrible anyhow.

I still can't see how anyone can look past OBVIOUS problem #1, the D. If they give up all those yards at home, then Montana in his prime can't save this season.

deepslant
09-10-2007, 12:49 PM
Relax everyone. JP will light up the steelcurtain next week and the love affair will continue. Until the world ends, bills are 0-4, and JP has more INT than TD's, we stop talking about TE.

For good luck sake we need to get Fairchild up into the booth and off the field. He can't see what's going on at field level.

I'm now within 48 hours away from getting over yesterdays debacle, that is if KE is okay.

Earthquake Enyart
09-10-2007, 01:17 PM
J.P. didn't have a good game but the playcalling was terrible anyhow.

I still can't see how anyone can look past OBVIOUS problem #1, the D. If they give up all those yards at home, then Montana in his prime can't save this season.
I can live with 15 points against.