PDA

View Full Version : Losman's days are numbered

Wally The Barber
09-10-2007, 07:23 AM
Don't even think of blaming the fans for a struggling J.P. Losman.
The fans have been more then Patient !

When Jay Cutler can make more Big plays (after 5 NFL starts) its time to stop arguing about the patience we need to have for J.P.

The first step to recovery is to realize you have a problem.

Lets face it guys, he is slow at making discisions and he simply has a slow release.

Losman has been my quarterback for the last 3 years and we clearly need a better player at the position.

Losman is a long ball passer but that is all he has going for him right now.
How many passes did he throw off target in this game? Too many!

The Answer and Patrolman believe Edwards is coming soon and it is hard to argue.
You can add me to the list.

Lets not turn the thread into a SMACKZONE issue!

We are all Bills fans here.

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/billsnfl/story/159424.html

TedMock
09-10-2007, 07:32 AM
Losman did not play well and I will not attempt to defend his play. I agree 100% that he didn't look good. I also have no problem bringing Edwards in if Losman continues to struggle.

However, you can't compare how Losman and Cutler played with any validity. They didn't go head-to-head. They didn't face eachother. Cutler faced Terrence McGee and Jason Webster. Losman faced Dre Bly and Champ Bailey. Big difference. Again, no excuse for Losman he needed to play a heck of a lot better than he did.

I'm also not on board with people feeling that Cutler played great. He put up some good yardage, but he almost lost the game for them with several terrible decisions. Some of the worst I've ever seen. Of course he has only 5 starts, so the decisions will get better as I believe he's a very talented player. I watched the game thinking "thank god Cutler is keeping us in this because we're really getting outplayed."

PECKERWOOD
09-10-2007, 07:35 AM
Get used to it. I doubt Edwards is going to sniff the field anytime soon and with good cause. He would probably come in and ultimately struggle. Give Edwards more time to learn the system before we even think about pulling Losman.

mybills
09-10-2007, 07:39 AM
It looked to me like the coaches didn't want him throwing. It seemed like the whole game was about them wanting Lynch to keep running. If that's the case, I'm not about to trash Losman.

HHURRICANE
09-10-2007, 07:40 AM
First off Cutler, looked like crap and I wasn't impressed at all. I'll take my chances with Edwards vs. Cutler.

With that said JP needs to shut his pie hole. He talks a good game but apparantley the Broncos didn't like his comments that ended up becoming bulletin board material.

OpIv37
09-10-2007, 07:41 AM
I'd really love to know if the coaches told Losman not to challenge the CB's or if it was his own personal fear and lack of confidence. While Losman played poorly, it's pretty tough to put the full blame on him.

Luisito23
09-10-2007, 07:49 AM
I say we give him until the bye to get his act together, if he doesn't then it's time to permantly say our goodbyes, and just move the **** on.....I rather lose developing a rookie with potential, then to keep on having to hear excuses given to JP to let him off the hook.......Some have and some don't, and it's looking more and more like Losman will never get it.....

GO BILLS!!!!!!

alohabillsfan
09-10-2007, 07:57 AM
Jacksonville changed offensive Coor. 3 times and finally said good bye to a QB that never progressed. With that said, JP has shown progression but relapsed (under statement) yesterday. CRAP! I am so pissed today!

Jan Reimers
09-10-2007, 08:10 AM
Didn't ANYONE notice that our game plan and offensive play calling were an abomination?

Jauron and Fairchild were obviously so afraid of Bailey, Bly, et. al. that they took the long game totally out of JP's hands, and had him throwing most of his passes within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage. They strangled our big play offense with the most cowardly game plan I have ever seen.

If they are going to reduce our potentially explosive offense to a "let's play not to get beat" bucket of crap every week, it's going to be tough to watch.

And their game management SUCKS. 8 seconds and a timeout and they line up for the field goal? Our last sequence, when we need to run the game clock to the hilt, we try only our second long pass of the game, and give the ball back with plenty of time left?

You that are calling for JP'S scalp ought better to focus on those 'fraidy scared little dweebs, Jauron and Fairchild. They NEVER gave our offense a chance to succeed.

don137
09-10-2007, 08:11 AM
JP reminds me unfortunately like Drew Bledsoe but with more mobility. He has a very pretty deep ball, is great to the community but lacks the touch on short stuff, he sometimes looks like a deer in headlights. I don't want to give up on the kid but the leash is getting shorter.

Inetpub
09-10-2007, 08:12 AM
HAHAHAHA. Loserman still sucks. What did I tell you guys from year 1 of his playing. NOOOO. I get flamed.

HHURRICANE
09-10-2007, 08:14 AM
I say we give him until the bye to get his act together, if he doesn't then it's time to permantly say our goodbyes, and just move the **** on.....I rather lose developing a rookie with potential, then to keep on having to hear excuses given to JP to let him off the hook.......Some have and some don't, and it's looking more and more like Losman will never get it.....

Totally agree.

GO BILLS!!!!!!

mybills
09-10-2007, 08:14 AM
Didn't ANYONE notice that our game plan and offensive play calling were an abomination?

Jauron and Fairchild were obviously so afraid of Bailey, Bly, et. al. that they took the long game totally out of JP's hands, and had him throwing most of his passes within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage. They strangled our big play offense with the most cowardly game plan I have ever seen.

If they are going to reduce our potentially explosive offense to a "let's play not to get beat" bucket of crap every week, it's going to be tough to watch.

And their game management SUCKS. 8 seconds and a timeout and they line up for the field goal? Our last sequence, when we need to run the game clock to the hilt, we try only our second long pass of the game, and give the ball back with plenty of time left?

You that are calling for JP'S scalp ought better to focus on those 'fraidy scared little dweebs, Jauron and Fairchild. They NEVER gave our offense a chance to succeed.
:bf1: :10:

Some people see things different, Jan, it makes you wonder how many glasses they tipped. :;

Jan Reimers
09-10-2007, 08:17 AM
I really like our talent, including JP (although our O line certainly did little to distinguish itself yesterday), but Jauron and Fairchild need to get their heads out of their butts and let the offense PLAY.

HHURRICANE
09-10-2007, 08:18 AM
HAHAHAHA. Loserman still sucks. What did I tell you guys from year 1 of his playing. NOOOO. I get flamed.

This posts makes no sense and I'll tell you why. Last year when you, TD, and others were arguing about JP we had Nall and Holcomb on the bench. He was our best option to win and he proved that out. Plus he was handled poorly by MM so he needed to be brought up the right way.

This is a new year with different dynamics. He doesn't get excuses now and we have a very talented rookie on the bench. But to act like a "know-it-all" when he was our best option at the time is stupid.

Inetpub
09-10-2007, 08:19 AM

I'd like to say your right but I have to defend the coaches there. Jauron isnt a newbie to coaching. Hes making the decisions he thinks will get us yardages. its on the players to get them that yardage. There is no reason to throw the bombs if we cant even throw 5 yard passes.

mybills
09-10-2007, 08:21 AM
I really like our talent, including JP (although our O line certainly did little to distinguish itself yesterday), but Jauron and Fairchild need to get their heads out of their butts and let the offense PLAY.
What gets me is all the money they spent on the O to help our QB (no matter who it is) and nobody's pissing & moaning about how awful they were. No, it's all JP's fault. :shakeno: For that kind of money, they didn't impress me at all.

Inetpub
09-10-2007, 08:23 AM
This posts makes no sense and I'll tell you why. Last year when you, TD, and others were arguing about JP we had Nall and Holcomb on the bench. He was our best option to win and he proved that out. Plus he was handled poorly by MM so he needed to be brought up the right way.

This is a new year with different dynamics. He doesn't get excuses now and we have a very talented rookie on the bench. But to act like a "know-it-all" when he was our best option at the time is stupid.
Hes not our only option. Your acting as if the talent pool is dry. There are many QB's that win games and that can time manage games and win. Yes, you deal with the hand your dealt but this is year 4. What did JP do in the preseason? and now to start out game 1 like this doesnt really help him out.

I think its time we looked at another QB if the coaching staff reverts back to non-confidence in JP.

blackonyx89
09-10-2007, 08:25 AM

Losman and Jauron are incapable of finishing off an opponent. Get rid of both of them!!!!

Mitchy moo
09-10-2007, 08:26 AM
I'd like to say your right but I have to defend the coaches there. Jauron isnt a newbie to coaching. Hes making the decisions he thinks will get us yardages. its on the players to get them that yardage. There is no reason to throw the bombs if we cant even throw 5 yard passes.

There is no reason to throw if we have a guy that can roll off 5 yards a play as well. Throwing long is designed to make the defenders back up but when you need 5 yards to close out a game you don't bomb it then. We had multiple chances to score as well and when JP took that one sack it put us out of FG range, it also killed us and the game.

Jan Reimers
09-10-2007, 08:29 AM
What gets me is all the money they spent on the O to help our QB (no matter who it is) and nobody's pissing & moaning about how awful they were. No, it's all JP's fault. :shakeno: For that kind of money, they didn't impress me at all.
Exactly. Blaming this loss on JP defies all logic, given the absolutely putrid offensive play calling, and an offensive line that cries out, "We pissed away 75 Million in the offseason for nothing."

I was as appalled as I've ever been by our coaching and our offensive line play.

Discotrish
09-10-2007, 08:38 AM
However, you can't compare how Losman and Cutler played with any validity. They didn't go head-to-head. They didn't face eachother. Cutler faced Terrence McGee and Jason Webster. Losman faced Dre Bly and Champ Bailey. Big difference. Again, no excuse for Losman he needed to play a heck of a lot better than he did.

Oh, for Jack Kemp's sake, after 4 years Losman has faced just about everybody in the league. What kind of argument is that?

Patti :krusty:

Mitchy moo
09-10-2007, 08:54 AM
Oh, for Jack Kemp's sake, after 4 years Losman has faced just about everybody in the league. What kind of argument is that?

There is no argument that says 97 yards makes us a winner.

don137
09-10-2007, 09:03 AM
Exactly. Blaming this loss on JP defies all logic, given the absolutely putrid offensive play calling, and an offensive line that cries out, "We pissed away 75 Million in the offseason for nothing."

I was as appalled as I've ever been by our coaching and our offensive line play.

I would never put the blame totally on JP for this loss. It was everyones fault. I am getting very sick and tired of piss poor coaching. The thing that has me nervous about JP is he panics back there and other teams know it. Denver stacked the box and blitzed a lot. They did not send one or two players either. It was an all out blitz. While Lynch did not block well in one instance JP needs to recognize this and get rid of the ball faster and make the defense pay for it or just get rid of the ball and not take the sack. JP panics and takes a sack or makes a bad throw too many times for his amount of experience. The Bills have so much time and money invested in him and he is a very likeable guy. I really want him to succeed but I was hoping he was progressed enough to overcome those mistakes.

mybills
09-10-2007, 09:26 AM
What if it wasn't panic on his face? What if it was the frustration of being told to play a short game and keep handing off to Lynch. I think I'd be frustrated as well. He's got a hell of an arm and wasn't using it, and something tells me it wasn't his choice not to. :cynic:

BuffaloBillsStampede
09-10-2007, 09:38 AM
I have to go with Jan on this one. JP did not play well at all, but the offensive gameplan was so bad. i like that they are establishing Lynch, but you have to let Losman throw the ball downfield no matter what corners are out there. Send Lynch on some pass routes out of the backfield. They showed nothing yesterday it was almost like it was still a pre-season offense out there. I have been a JP supporter for a long time now, but I think if he hasnt shown it by week 8 maybe its time to think about Edwards.

TedMock
09-10-2007, 09:46 AM

I'm not sure what you mean by this. Are you serious or just being sarcastic? I had a lot more in the post than what you quoted. I said I'm not defending JP or how he played yesterday. He played poorly. My issue is when people compare two QB's as if they've "faced off" against eachother. There's no reason for it as the two QB's play under completely different circumstances. Given his, JP played poorly. Period. I think Cutler played below average given his as well. Again, when the time comes to make a decision, if JP is not playing well, I'm not opposed to benching him.

justasportsfan
09-10-2007, 09:49 AM

When Jay Cutler can make more Big plays (after 5 NFL starts) its time to stop arguing about the patience we need to have for J.P.

Lets face it guys, he is slow at making discisions and he simply has a slow release.

The Answer and Patrolman believe Edwards is coming soon and it is hard to argue.

BOOOO!!!!!

I will forever remember this thread once JP lights it up.

The Answer
09-10-2007, 11:46 AM

Wally - The Answer is glad that more and more fans are beginning to 'see the light'.

Be patient - Trent's time is soon at hand and Losman pathetic play over the next few weeks will help facilitate the beginning of a new glorius era in Bills football.....

~The Answer

colin
09-10-2007, 11:58 AM
the big problem i see w jp is that he is regressing AGAIN.

it be one thing to make some plays, make some errors and lose, but he flat out contributed zero to the win. he made one play with his legs, and zero otherwise.

wehn mcgahee played poorly, we knew that he was effing up and could be improved upon. when price stinks we know it too. when our LT last year sucked we knew it. why do we continue to blame bad passing play on everyone but the QB?

deepslant
09-10-2007, 12:35 PM
Unfortunately, we may see TE on Sunday. Hope not but if JP refuses to go thru his progression, locks on one guy, and inexplicably never audibles or calls out LB stunts at the line then it will be a rough game to watch. The SteelCurtain will blitz often daring JP to throw an intermediate route. Let's hope the special teams keep it close.

PECKERWOOD
09-10-2007, 12:42 PM

Bullcrap our OL looked great, I watched them. Losman had plenty of time to throw and the running lanes were there for Lynch. You cannot pin this on the OL. Fairchild should be taking most of the blame, then Losman and then all of our WR's especially Evans and Price. I'll let Evans slide a little bit because he did beat out Bailey and Lynch on the deep ball but Losman overthrew him.

Wally The Barber
09-10-2007, 01:02 PM
I realize Losman will start the next 2 games but I am not sure he will finish any of them.

Michael82
09-10-2007, 01:14 PM

Excellent post, Jan! :bf1: :bf1:

mybills
09-10-2007, 01:23 PM
the big problem i see w jp is that he is regressing AGAIN.

it be one thing to make some plays, make some errors and lose, but he flat out contributed zero to the win.
That's a good thing, considering Denver won.

Jan Reimers
09-10-2007, 01:41 PM
Bullcrap our OL looked great, I watched them.
I think you should stop ingesting those illegal substances while watching the game.

PECKERWOOD
09-10-2007, 01:45 PM
I think you should stop ingesting those illegal substances while watching the game.

:idunno:

Just a couple beers.. like is a 12 pack too much?? :snicker:

Jan Reimers
09-10-2007, 01:51 PM
:idunno:

Just a couple beers.. like is a 12 pack too much?? :snicker:
No, that's not nearly enough to make our O line look good. Maybe a case. . .

mchurchfie
09-10-2007, 01:51 PM
The OL did a good job for the most part. they had a little trouble with the blitz but some of that responsibility falls on JP to recognize it check into the right call. The gameplan could been a product of the coaching staffs lack of faith in JP. If that is the case then they need to get him out of there and get someone in there that they can trust. They are sending a lot of mixed signals otherwise.

PECKERWOOD
09-10-2007, 01:58 PM
No, that's not nearly enough to make our O line look good. Maybe a case. . .

Who looked bad? Lynch had a 4.7 average yesterday.. Peters and Dockery were blowing people off of the line and plowing foward. For a big guy, Derrick Dockery can get in the second level pretty quick. Here's the thing, Buffalo actually has a patient runner in Marshawn Lynch. I know Brad Butler could have done way better but he did make a nice play that lead to Marshawn Lynch's 23 yard TD run. There were only 2 sacks allowed and one was because Lynch missed a block and the other was because of our tight ends. What exactly did you see in our OL?

shelby
09-10-2007, 03:03 PM
Wally, you're breaking my heart here.
Check your email please!

i am not ready to pull the plug on Losman.

SquishDaFish
09-10-2007, 03:07 PM
Lets give it a little more then just 1 game of this new season ok. Lets just give up everything after 1 game yea smart