X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wally The Barber
    • Jul 2007

Losman's days are numbered

Don't even think of blaming the fans for a struggling J.P. Losman.
    The fans have been more then Patient !

When Jay Cutler can make more Big plays (after 5 NFL starts) its time to stop arguing about the patience we need to have for J.P.

The first step to recovery is to realize you have a problem.

Lets face it guys, he is slow at making discisions and he simply has a slow release.

Losman has been my quarterback for the last 3 years and we clearly need a better player at the position.

Losman is a long ball passer but that is all he has going for him right now.
    How many passes did he throw off target in this game? Too many!

The Answer and Patrolman believe Edwards is coming soon and it is hard to argue.
    You can add me to the list.

Lets not turn the thread into a SMACKZONE issue!

We are all Bills fans here.

Last edited by Wally The Barber; 09-10-2007, 12:28 PM.
    Beware of Sarcasm
  • TedMock
    • Jul 2002

Re: Losman's days are numbered

Losman did not play well and I will not attempt to defend his play. I agree 100% that he didn't look good. I also have no problem bringing Edwards in if Losman continues to struggle.

However, you can't compare how Losman and Cutler played with any validity. They didn't go head-to-head. They didn't face eachother. Cutler faced Terrence McGee and Jason Webster. Losman faced Dre Bly and Champ Bailey. Big difference. Again, no excuse for Losman he needed to play a heck of a lot better than he did.

I'm also not on board with people feeling that Cutler played great. He put up some good yardage, but he almost lost the game for them with several terrible decisions. Some of the worst I've ever seen. Of course he has only 5 starts, so the decisions will get better as I believe he's a very talented player. I watched the game thinking "thank god Cutler is keeping us in this because we're really getting outplayed."

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
      Defies all logic
      • Oct 2006

Get used to it. I doubt Edwards is going to sniff the field anytime soon and with good cause. He would probably come in and ultimately struggle. Give Edwards more time to learn the system before we even think about pulling Losman.

Comment

• mybills
        81 st zoner
        • Jul 2002

It looked to me like the coaches didn't want him throwing. It seemed like the whole game was about them wanting Lynch to keep running. If that's the case, I'm not about to trash Losman.
        I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• HHURRICANE
          • Mar 2005

First off Cutler, looked like crap and I wasn't impressed at all. I'll take my chances with Edwards vs. Cutler.

With that said JP needs to shut his pie hole. He talks a good game but apparantley the Broncos didn't like his comments that ended up becoming bulletin board material.

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

I'd really love to know if the coaches told Losman not to challenge the CB's or if it was his own personal fear and lack of confidence. While Losman played poorly, it's pretty tough to put the full blame on him.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Luisito23
              Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
              • Apr 2003

I say we give him until the bye to get his act together, if he doesn't then it's time to permantly say our goodbyes, and just move the **** on.....I rather lose developing a rookie with potential, then to keep on having to hear excuses given to JP to let him off the hook.......Some have and some don't, and it's looking more and more like Losman will never get it.....

GO BILLS!!!!!!
              "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
              ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
              ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
              ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• alohabillsfan
                • Sep 2003

Jacksonville changed offensive Coor. 3 times and finally said good bye to a QB that never progressed. With that said, JP has shown progression but relapsed (under statement) yesterday. CRAP! I am so pissed today!

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                  Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                  • May 2003

Didn't ANYONE notice that our game plan and offensive play calling were an abomination?

Jauron and Fairchild were obviously so afraid of Bailey, Bly, et. al. that they took the long game totally out of JP's hands, and had him throwing most of his passes within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage. They strangled our big play offense with the most cowardly game plan I have ever seen.

If they are going to reduce our potentially explosive offense to a "let's play not to get beat" bucket of crap every week, it's going to be tough to watch.

And their game management SUCKS. 8 seconds and a timeout and they line up for the field goal? Our last sequence, when we need to run the game clock to the hilt, we try only our second long pass of the game, and give the ball back with plenty of time left?

You that are calling for JP'S scalp ought better to focus on those 'fraidy scared little dweebs, Jauron and Fairchild. They NEVER gave our offense a chance to succeed.
                  Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• don137
                    • Jul 2002

JP reminds me unfortunately like Drew Bledsoe but with more mobility. He has a very pretty deep ball, is great to the community but lacks the touch on short stuff, he sometimes looks like a deer in headlights. I don't want to give up on the kid but the leash is getting shorter.

Comment

• Inetpub
                      i'm a tool
                      • Aug 2006

HAHAHAHA. Loserman still sucks. What did I tell you guys from year 1 of his playing. NOOOO. I get flamed.
                      That proves NOTHING about Losman

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Luisito23
                        I say we give him until the bye to get his act together, if he doesn't then it's time to permantly say our goodbyes, and just move the **** on.....I rather lose developing a rookie with potential, then to keep on having to hear excuses given to JP to let him off the hook.......Some have and some don't, and it's looking more and more like Losman will never get it.....

Totally agree.

GO BILLS!!!!!!

Comment

• mybills
                          81 st zoner
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                          Didn't ANYONE notice that our game plan and offensive play calling were an abomination?

Jauron and Fairchild were obviously so afraid of Bailey, Bly, et. al. that they took the long game totally out of JP's hands, and had him throwing most of his passes within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage. They strangled our big play offense with the most cowardly game plan I have ever seen.

If they are going to reduce our potentially explosive offense to a "let's play not to get beat" bucket of crap every week, it's going to be tough to watch.

And their game management SUCKS. 8 seconds and a timeout and they line up for the field goal? Our last sequence, when we need to run the game clock to the hilt, we try only our second long pass of the game, and give the ball back with plenty of time left?

You that are calling for JP'S scalp ought better to focus on those 'fraidy scared little dweebs, Jauron and Fairchild. They NEVER gave our offense a chance to succeed.

Some people see things different, Jan, it makes you wonder how many glasses they tipped.
                          I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                            Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                            • May 2003

I really like our talent, including JP (although our O line certainly did little to distinguish itself yesterday), but Jauron and Fairchild need to get their heads out of their butts and let the offense PLAY.
                            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Inetpub
                              HAHAHAHA. Loserman still sucks. What did I tell you guys from year 1 of his playing. NOOOO. I get flamed.
                              This posts makes no sense and I'll tell you why. Last year when you, TD, and others were arguing about JP we had Nall and Holcomb on the bench. He was our best option to win and he proved that out. Plus he was handled poorly by MM so he needed to be brought up the right way.

This is a new year with different dynamics. He doesn't get excuses now and we have a very talented rookie on the bench. But to act like a "know-it-all" when he was our best option at the time is stupid.

Comment

Working...
                              X