PDA

View Full Version : The long and short of it: Passing game fizzled.

HHURRICANE
09-10-2007, 07:24 AM
Sullivan nailed it:

"Wasn’t the Buffalo offense supposed to be more explosive this year, capable of making up for a mediocre “D”? They scored one offensive TD Sunday. Lee Evans had two catches for 5 yards, Peerless Price one for minus-2 yards. It felt like early 2005, when Losman was still finding his way.
Mike Shanahan didn’t win two Super Bowls by accident. Denver left its safeties high and gave Evans extra attention.

They weren’t overaggressive, as Losman had hoped. They took away the deep ball, and despite his bold assertions, Losman backed off."

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/billsnfl/story/159412.html

Read the Article!!

djjimkelly
09-10-2007, 07:32 AM
look there were plenty of opportunities for different pass plays and IMO steve fairchild is to blame when its 2nd and 5 and denver stacks the o line which they did many many times the OC should have called something to take a shot he did not!!!!!!

blame JP all u want he ran the plays that where called and went 66%

OpIv37
09-10-2007, 07:35 AM
ie, the D still isn't good enough on it's own and needs a lot of help from the O.

The offense looked good early- they even had a 5 minute drive in the 1st quarter.

But then we had the punt return for the TD and the offense had to sit on the bench for 2 consecutive drives by Denver and never got their rhythm back.

HHURRICANE
09-10-2007, 07:51 AM
look there were plenty of opportunities for different pass plays and IMO steve fairchild is to blame when its 2nd and 5 and denver stacks the o line which they did many many times the OC should have called something to take a shot he did not!!!!!!

blame JP all u want he ran the plays that where called and went 66%

I agree with you.

But here's the dilemma, is it bad coaching or no faith in the QB to execute a different gameplan? JP is not finding the open guy. I watched Tony Romo and Eli Manning last night and these guys want to throw the ball. JP looks like he'd rather run it.

I blame JP and the coaching staff for this loss. If the coaching staff doesn't believe in the guy than pull him. I've posted more than once that OBD doesn't believe that JP can lead this team.