PDA

View Full Version : Now that every team knows how to shut down our offense now what?

HHURRICANE
09-10-2007, 07:43 AM
I guess getting a number 2 receiver in the off-season would have been a good idea.

This game is going to haunt us all season. Shanahan just took away Evans and loaded the box.

Expect every team to do this against us.

I feel sorry for Marshawyn Lynch because the offense is completely riding on his back now.

PECKERWOOD
09-10-2007, 07:46 AM
Hopefully we make some changes. Last nights game better have just been a one time thing.

OpIv37
09-10-2007, 07:47 AM
I don't think every team will be able to shut our O down. Not every team has the CB's that Denver does- shutting down the deep ball to Evans is easier said than done, and if Lynch keeps playing so well they won't be able to load the box AND take Evans away.

alohabillsfan
09-10-2007, 07:49 AM
You don't need shut down corners play C2 with deep safety help and were screwed, we have no medium range plays or a QB willing to throw it!

Elminster
09-10-2007, 07:50 AM
I don't think every team will be able to shut our D down. Not every team has the CB's that Denver does- shutting down the deep ball to Evans is easier said than done, and if Lynch keeps playing so well they won't be able to load the box AND take Evans away.
Obviously, if we had tried it more than once, we could've hade Bailey added to the long list of corners burned by Evans down the sideline. Seriously, if they were going to dink and dunk, they should've kept Holcomb or started Edwards....'cause if we're not going to exploit our starting QB's strongest asset relative to every other QB we have, what's the fricking point?

HHURRICANE
09-10-2007, 07:53 AM
You don't need shut down corners play C2 with deep safety help and were screwed, we have no medium range plays or a QB willing to throw it!

BINGO. We have a winner!!!

HHURRICANE
09-10-2007, 07:54 AM

I read this again. Great post!!

Claymore
09-10-2007, 07:59 AM
You guys are better than you think you are. We had a ton of game film on your offense, and you had basically zero on ours. We have changed our offense completley from when Plummer was the starter.

Evans is a beast, and cannot be shutdown by many people. IMO Champ is the best CB in the NFL. Could have gone either way, we made a number of mistakes, and were lucky to recover.

HHURRICANE
09-10-2007, 08:04 AM
You guys are better than you think you are. We had a ton of game film on your offense, and you had basically zero on ours. We have changed our offense completley from when Plummer was the starter.

Evans is a beast, and cannot be shutdown by many people. IMO Champ is the best CB in the NFL. Could have gone either way, we made a number of mistakes, and were lucky to recover.

Thanks, but we got outcoached. It's not like you have alot of game film on Lynch.

Claymore
09-10-2007, 08:12 AM
True. He was a beast though. I couldnt believe some of his runs. One heck of a running back.

Mitchy moo
09-10-2007, 08:29 AM

That is what killed us sunday, 15 yards passes would of made Denver move their D of the line.