PDA

View Full Version : Denver gambled and won

Mitchy moo
09-10-2007, 09:00 AM
You have to give Denver props for a gutsy call there. They wasn't alot of time left and Elam would not have made it from where they we're at so throwing it down the middle was madness with no timeouts. 10 seconds to get your field goal unit on the field is not a normal course of action but is a play Denver practices.

Maybe the Bills should practice throwing 15 yard passes, it might win them a game or two.

Wally The Barber
09-10-2007, 09:04 AM
You have to give Denver props for a gutsy call there. They wasn't alot of time left and Elam would not have made it from where they we're at so throwing it down the middle was madness with no timeouts. 10 seconds to get your field goal unit on the field is not a normal course of action but is a play Denver practices.

Maybe the Bills should practice throwing 15 yard passes, it might win them a game or two.

Your probaby right!

OpIv37
09-10-2007, 09:28 AM
if they really practiced it or were comfortable with it, I don't know how much of a gamble it was. Denver had a tough choice to make- the hail Mary or rushing the FG unit on the field- based on what they practiced, their coaches felt the rushed FG gave them the best chance of winning. They get credit for being right and credit for being prepared.

It was a gamble in the sense that it was a low percentage play and certainly no coach would want to be in that position at the end of the game. But it wasn't a gamble in the sense that they took the highest probability play given the situation they were in.

Michael82
09-10-2007, 10:26 AM
The sad thing is that both Langston Walker and Ashton Youboty came close to blocking the field goal. Walker leaped very high for it. Youboty, got around the edge and dived in front of the ball, he almost blocked it.

don137
09-10-2007, 10:30 AM
The sad thing is that both Langston Walker and Ashton Youboty came close to blocking the field goal. Walker leaped very high for it. Youboty, got around the edge and dived in front of the ball, he almost blocked it.

I noticed that too...I couldn't see Youboty but could tell he was close but I TIVOd it in slow motion and if Walker timed his jump a half second later he would of bloacked it because as Walker was coming down the ball traveled right where Walker's hand just was.

RockStar36
09-10-2007, 10:32 AM
Funny thing is Denver could have spiked the ball instead of rushing the FG unit on to the field.

Mitchy moo
09-10-2007, 10:37 AM
Funny thing is Denver could have spiked the ball instead of rushing the FG unit on to the field.

I didn't understand that either but they obviously felt they could get up there quick enough.

Michael82
09-10-2007, 10:49 AM
that's the thing that i couldn't understand. why on earth wouldnt they spike the ball.... :shocked:

Mitchy moo
09-10-2007, 11:02 AM
that's the thing that i couldn't understand. why on earth wouldnt they spike the ball.... :shocked:

I still don't believe that they got that organized that fast, unreal.

Michael82
09-10-2007, 11:05 AM
hey, don't forget that the Bills got their special teams FG blocking unit out there in time and lined up properly too. :up:

njsue
09-10-2007, 11:47 AM
Denver plays dirty defensive football!

Ingtar33
09-10-2007, 01:29 PM
they didn't spike it because the Denver coaches didn't know if they had got the first down or not (they did).

Had they spiked it and not gained the 1st down they would be spiking the ball on 4th down.

So they bet they didn't get the first and sent the FG team out there.

DraftBoy
09-10-2007, 01:31 PM

Thats what good teams do they play well run organized football

PECKERWOOD
09-10-2007, 01:34 PM
Walker is a beast.