PDA

View Full Version : Seasons not over

justasportsfan
09-10-2007, 09:33 AM
OKay so we lost a heartbreaker that a lot of people here thought would be a blowout.

The O-
Starting the game by running Lynch was good since we didn't know what we had in him. Now that we know , IMO we start games with JP throwing the ball and get him in a rythm. If he doesn't get that rythm early , he never will the entire game especially when we need him most.

Gong deep with Evans was one of those playcalls that if it worked, pure genius and if didn't, stupid call. The same can be said with going for it on 4th with Lynch. It worked therefore , genius. I know it sounds like a cliche' but "you play to win the game" OUr problem was simply execution. We went with the proven JP to Evans and although I don't have a problem with that , why didn't we go and take a chance early on? Maybe it would've opened the game and if they connected, it would've given JP more confidence or changed the pace of the game.

In relation to that Lynch first down on 4th, a year ago Willis didn't make that first down against the PAts. Again a gutsy call then that if we made it, geinus.

WHy is it we don't run screen plays when teams like the PAts and Denver runs it to perfection? With Reed , Parrish, Lynch, Evans , we have more than enough talent to do so. Does JP short passes really suck that we can't run it? Well , his INT showed probably why.

Fairchild should take that play that Cutler ran on 4th and use it with JP whose more mobile.

THE D-

same old D giving up a ton of yards but not a whole lot of points. they were not great but the thing is, they never gave up. The effort was there but a very young D can only do so much when your O keeps going 3 and out. This D isn't good enough to bail itself out all the more bail out the O. While we thought the O would carry this team, it seems like the O was a bigger problem .

Since he's gifted with great football IQ , I suggest we let DiG learn the wlb and have him play beside POZ til' Ellison is fully recovered. He's a waste sitting on the bench especially now that Wire is injured.

ST-
Awsome but not consistent. Shot themselves in the foot at the very end of both the 1st half and end of the game. You could argue that either penalties lost us the game amongst other things :huh:

Let's see...... both the jets and fins suck with us so it's gives us hope :scratch: It a matter of whose crap stinks more.

Last but not least , My prayers go our to Everrett. Maybe BILLSZONE can organize a rally for him outside the hospital. If we can do zone lunches we sure can go there support the guy. I'll go. If the team can't step up, let the 12TH MAN do so.

Finsfan74
09-10-2007, 12:16 PM
You guys have a solid, young team. Many teams unfortunately lose key players throughout the season, and still manage to play well

justasportsfan
09-10-2007, 12:18 PM
You guys have a solid, young team. Many teams unfortunately lose key players throughout the season, and still manage to play well
It's talented but far from solid.

RockStar36
09-10-2007, 12:18 PM

This will be a serious test. An injury here and there is expected but three serious injuries to three defensive starters is not something you see everyday.

CSFAN
09-10-2007, 12:19 PM
Our younger guys looked really good. Parrish had a great game; so did Lynch & Poz.

JP had as bad a game for him as I can remember. Maybe he really can't handle the pressure, but I'd like to think that yesterday's game was only a temporary setback. If he plays even an average game, we win.

There are plenty of positives, but we're still time & a few players away from really contending in any meaningful way. Man, do I wish we had paid up the cash for Darwin Walker...

justasportsfan
09-10-2007, 12:22 PM
but I'd like to think that yesterday's game was only a temporary setback.
this is my feeling too but I'm a homer so my opinion doesn't count.

CSFAN
09-10-2007, 12:26 PM
"I'm a homer"

Me, too - I put the "home" back in "homer."

Still, the gist of the thread is correct. Bills fans are just too geared for the worst, understandably so. A lot rests on this week's game. I'd wager most fans here would have taken a 1-1 record against Denver & Pitt a few weeks ago. It's doable...

PECKERWOOD
09-10-2007, 12:30 PM
The season isn't over but that loss did hurt our psyche. Hopefully we can rebound with a W next week against Pittsburgh. That would definately boost morale. And besides, you know how that old saying goes? When the going gets tough, the tough get going!! GO BILLS! MOVE ON FROM THIS LOSS AND LET'S KICK PITTSBURGH'S ASS NEXT WEEK!

justasportsfan
09-10-2007, 12:40 PM
The season isn't over but that loss did hurt our psyche. Hopefully we can rebound with a W next week against Pittsburgh. That would definately boost morale. And besides, you know how that old saying goes? When the going gets tough, the tough get going!! GO BILLS! MOVE ON FROM THIS LOSS AND LET'S KICK PITTSBURGH'S ASS NEXT WEEK!
well we did say this is a make or break season for JP. Let's see what he's made of.

Elminster
09-10-2007, 12:47 PM
We started 2-5 last year and ended up going 7-9. Though I had hoped we would get off to a better start this season(and, really, we should've), we still have six games to improve on last season's slow start. It is now Monday, and the only thing that should carry over into this week is praying for Kevin Everett's health....

Finsfan74
09-10-2007, 12:50 PM
It's talented but far from solid.Give it time, they'll gel

Finsfan74
09-10-2007, 12:53 PM
This will be a serious test. An injury here and there is expected but three serious injuries to three defensive starters is not something you see everyday.
Yeah, several key injuries during the 1st game of the season is definitely odd. Guys will step up though

justasportsfan
09-10-2007, 12:54 PM
Give it time, they'll gel
I feel you , but unfortunately my fellow bills fans don't share our opinion. I can't blame them either. Your team has the luxury of time since they've already won SB's. We don't have that luxury.