PDA

View Full Version : is it possible the bills stink cause the fans stink?

trapezeus
09-10-2007, 09:38 AM
if the bills win that game, everyone would overlook the errors. but because we didn't play error-free football, you have a bunch of idiots calling for JP's head at week 1. You have another group of people saying the season is completely lost.

Everyone knew heading into this year that the defense is thin and we need a little time on offense to evaluate the OL. After one loss, where we battled until the last second, this entire message board thinks the OL was an abomination, JP sucks, the defensive secondary is decimated, and that getting more than 3 wins is out of the question.

Be fans, not idiots. And the worst part is if they win next week, you'll all close your eyes and say, "i'm so diehard."

Elminster
09-10-2007, 09:44 AM
I don't think most of us are blaming JP(entirely. He didn't do us many favors). I think most of us are shocked and awed by what seems to have been their "game-plan" on offense, and some of the decisions made at key points(let's sub in A-Train for this KEY third down, and let's throw a BOMB when all we need to win is a ********* five yards!) The team lost, and we are left with the reality that we simply didn't play well enough to win, even though Denver played pretty bad too. And it seems to me that poor coaching figured prominently, because their decisions seemed even worse than the execution. We could've drafted 8 Pro-Bowlers, and it wouldn't have mattered. The entire ********* team has got to shape up, because losing a game that winnable is just unacceptable.

trapezeus
09-10-2007, 09:53 AM
i agree, coaching decisions like the one you site were killer. personally, i liked the 3rd and 5 long throw. it was open, and it missed by inches. you can't complain. But there was the drive where we were getting yards, and out of nowhere, ML comes out and Atrain goes in for 2 running plays and a dump pass out of the backfield. terrible.

If a train is in there, everyone should know that it's a pass play because he should only be blocking at this point and running an occassional play when ML is tired.

mybills
09-10-2007, 09:56 AM
The reality of having so many players injured is what tells people this team won't have too many wins this year. There was more hope before losing 3 more players yesterday.

duhbilz
09-10-2007, 09:59 AM
I think threads like "top 5 defense" and "Buffalo will win the AFC east" tend to set people up for disppointment. Unless the Bills come out on fire, which didn't happen. But it is only week one, I hardly think it's over for the Bills.

kinigirly
09-10-2007, 10:09 AM
i think the bills stink because they stink. i think the fans and media are the reason the team goes into learned helplessness mode and can't be positive and focus. once something doesn't go the way we want it to, fans and media turn into nasty paparazzi that work on picking apart and talking smack about the players 24/7. the players are definitely not expecting calls for benchings after the first game of the season. for players living in the area there is no way to avoid hearing all the negativity and hate towards them