PDA

View Full Version : Official report

chernobylwraiths
09-10-2007, 11:28 AM
I didn't see one on the front page so I am making this one. I know this had little bearing the who won, but every play counts. :D

Watching at home, I saw what looked like blatent facemasking on Marshawn Lynch on a run by the sidelines, plus they kept panning the crowd after the play and the crowd looked angry after what appeared to be replays. Unfortunately, they were talking to Steve Tasker and didn't seem to care what was going on in the game.

I was told by someone at the game that the interception at the end of the half by Denver was because the defensive lineman who intercepted the ball was holding on to Robert Royal's facemask just as JP was throwing the ball to Royal. Is that the case? I'm thinking a personal foul call there would have given us a chance at a field goal at least.

Those were the two biggest glaring errors besides a couple replays showing Posluzny being held that I could see. How did everyone else feel?

Michael82
09-10-2007, 11:31 AM
I didn't see one on the front page so I am making this one. I know this had little bearing the who won, but every play counts. :D

Watching at home, I saw what looked like blatent facemasking on Marshawn Lynch on a run by the sidelines, plus they kept panning the crowd after the play and the crowd looked angry after what appeared to be replays. Unfortunately, they were talking to Steve Tasker and didn't seem to care what was going on in the game.

I was told by someone at the game that the interception at the end of the half by Denver was because the defensive lineman who intercepted the ball was holding on to Robert Royal's facemask just as JP was throwing the ball to Royal. Is that the case? I'm thinking a personal foul call there would have given us a chance at a field goal at least.

Those were the two biggest glaring errors besides a couple replays showing Posluzny being held that I could see. How did everyone else feel?
JP was fuming after that play. He kept yelling at the ref on the way to the locker room and was pissed!

TacklingDummy
09-10-2007, 11:32 AM
Kelsay also hit Cutler late.

It's all a wash if you dig deep enough.

mchurchfie
09-10-2007, 11:33 AM
I saw one play where one of Denver's OL grabbed Kelsay and threw him down to the ground on a long run. It was ****ing blatant right in front of the official, the dude had hands full of jersey.:cynic:

njsue
09-10-2007, 11:45 AM
I saw one play where one of Denver's OL grabbed Kelsay and threw him down to the ground on a long run. It was ****ing blatant right in front of the official, the dude had hands full of jersey.:cynic:

The officials in yesterday's game were pathetic!

Ickybaluky
09-10-2007, 11:49 AM
I think the Denver OL had tin foiled their knuckles under tape.

And... if you looked closely (you need HD) you can see the Denver DL actually had small clubs tucked into their socks, and would whip them out and beat on the Bills after making a tackle.

Mitchy moo
09-10-2007, 11:51 AM
We had the worst crew out there that was for sure.

DraftBoy
09-10-2007, 12:07 PM
jesus talk about digging for excuses we lost get over it the refs called a good game

LtBillsFan66
09-10-2007, 12:11 PM
I had no problem with the refs. In fact I was pleased. Some games are stopped every other play with yellow flags. I'd rather see 100 missed calls than a few questionable ones.

RockStar36
09-10-2007, 12:14 PM
Kelsay also hit Cutler late.

It's all a wash if you dig deep enough.

If I remember correctly JP also took a late hit.

TigerJ
09-10-2007, 12:16 PM
There were some bad calls, but it's probably a wash. The Bills had chances to win the game and at a number of critical junctures made bad decisions or committed critical errors: the long pass attempt to Evans on a third down, Robert Royal's holding penalty on a Moorman punt. Had the Bills called a run or a higher percentage pass, maybe the Broncos run out of time. Same thing if Royal hadn't held on that play. There were others.

Night Train
09-10-2007, 12:24 PM

That's EXACTLY what happened. I was there. J.P. was screaming at the obvious Royal faskmask, which would have meant a chipshot FG try for Lindell with 1 play left on the clock ( half can't end on a penalty ).

Replay caught the Lynch face mask on the big new scoreboard. The boos came roaring.

madness
09-10-2007, 12:27 PM
Everybody is rusty the first game of the season. Coaches, players and officials alike.

Maybe we should make the idiots on this board happy and replace all three due to their week 1 incompetence.

njsue
09-10-2007, 02:25 PM
Nalen dirty player!

HHURRICANE
09-10-2007, 02:41 PM
Denver had the calls going there way. I looked at my buddy and said "I guess Denver doesn't get holding calls today."

Somebody told me that JPs INT shouldn't have happened either but in the end JP didn't need to throw it. It almost went for 7 the other way.