09-10-2007, 11:32 AM
To say this is a 'downward trend' is an understatement:

12/24/07 - Home against the Titans:

1 TD, 2 Int's, 3 sacks, 68.5 QB rating

12/31/07 - At the Ravens:

1 TD, 2 Int's 3 sacks, 63.6 QB rating

09/09/07: Home against the Broncos

0 TD, 1 Int, 2 sacks, 57 QB rating

Do the math here homers: That's 2 TD's, 5 Int's, an average of 63 QB rating, 8 sacks, NO WINS (2 of the 3 games at home by the way).

PLEASE TELL THE ANSWER HOW THESE NUMBERS INDICATE THAT LOSMAN IS AN NFL STARTER AND 'IMPROVING' ?

Trent is the future - and he needs to be playing now and get experience. No way you can tell The Answer he isn't capable of matching Losman's pathetic numbers.

~The Answer

Wally The Barber
09-10-2007, 12:37 PM
To say this is a 'downward trend' is an understatement:

12/24/07 - Home against the Titans:

1 TD, 2 Int's, 3 sacks, 68.5 QB rating

12/31/07 - At the Ravens:

1 TD, 2 Int's 3 sacks, 63.6 QB rating

09/09/07: Home against the Broncos

0 TD, 1 Int, 2 sacks, 57 QB rating

Do the math here homers: That's 2 TD's, 5 Int's, an average of 63 QB rating, 8 sacks, NO WINS (2 of the 3 games at home by the way).

PLEASE TELL THE ANSWER HOW THESE NUMBERS INDICATE THAT LOSMAN IS AN NFL STARTER AND 'IMPROVING' ?

Trent is the future - and he needs to be playing now and get experience. No way you can tell The Answer he isn't capable of matching Losman's pathetic numbers.

~The Answer

Wow, I bet this thread ends up on the second page with lightning speed!:krusty:

CSFAN
09-10-2007, 12:41 PM
I've gotta admit, I'm starting to have serious doubts.

I have a gut feeling that Trent Edwards is a much better QB in the long run. Part of me is saying that this season is probably a wash, anyway, so why not try the new kid out, and let him get experience so that we're ready when we finally get that big run-stopping DT & that sure-footed cornerback we need?

Still, I think you have to give the JP project until the bye, just to play it out...

colin
09-10-2007, 12:42 PM
wow, i figured he was good in the second half of last season.

turns out he can't play agaisnt a decent D. i'm not talking about willing the team to a win inspight of all odds, i mean just not being horrible.

kyle boller, brooks bollinger, kyle orton, all have played better than that.

wow.

LtBillsFan66
09-10-2007, 12:43 PM
The whole notion that he improved the so much the 2nd half of last season is a joke.

TacklingDummy
09-10-2007, 12:44 PM
Look what JP did against Houston and Miami. He's franchise QB material.

You haters disgust me.

The Answer
09-10-2007, 12:46 PM
Wow, I bet this thread ends up on the second page with lightning speed!:krusty:

Actually don't be surprised if the mods move it to spam or smack since The Answer is stating FACTS about Losman that they don't want to hear or acknowledge.

~The Answer

Iehoshua
09-10-2007, 12:47 PM
Starting to have doubts about JP... Just doesn't have that winner's drive in him, looking lost, and while not making huge mistakes, he's not making things happen when it really counts...

The Answer
09-10-2007, 12:48 PM
Look what JP did against Houston and Miami. He's franchise QB material.

You haters disgust me.

LOL you're right TD.

That discredits my anti Losman agenda right there. We're talking about superbowl contenders that he lit up last year!

~The Answer

PECKERWOOD
09-10-2007, 12:48 PM
If you put Trent in now, you can kiss our season good bye. I'll pass on that. If Losman is playing horribly midway through the season and we are out of the playoff race, then talk to me about putting Edwards in. Right now is waaay too early, he would definately struggle.

Wally The Barber
09-10-2007, 12:50 PM
Actually don't be surprised if the mods move it to spam or smack since The Answer is stating FACTS about Losman that they don't want to hear or acknowledge.

~The Answer

I think the thread belongs right where it is.

Some fans need to move to the smack zone where they can respond with profanities! (lol)

blackonyx89
09-10-2007, 12:52 PM
TRENT TRENT TRENT after game 4!!!

:biggrin:

:help!: we need a new coach and QB!!!

The Answer
09-10-2007, 12:53 PM
If you put Trent in now, you can kiss our season good bye. I'll pass on that. If Losman is playing horribly midway through the season and we are out of the playoff race, then talk to me about putting Edwards in. Right now is waaay too early, he would definately struggle.

Do you honestly think Edwards would do any worse than what Losman did yesterday?

97 yards, fumbled snaps, Ints, sacks, bad throws - get the young gun in there!!!

~The Answer

duhbilz
09-10-2007, 12:56 PM
I've gotta admit, I'm starting to have serious doubts.

I have a gut feeling that Trent Edwards is a much better QB in the long run. Part of me is saying that this season is probably a wash, anyway, so why not try the new kid out, and let him get experience so that we're ready when we finally get that big run-stopping DT & that sure-footed cornerback we need?

Still, I think you have to give the JP project until the bye, just to play it out...

Didn't most here think the same about JP??

TacklingDummy
09-10-2007, 12:59 PM
Didn't most here think the same about JP??

Um no, I've always thought he was going to be a bust.

PECKERWOOD
09-10-2007, 12:59 PM
Do you honestly think Edwards would do any worse than what Losman did yesterday?

97 yards, fumbled snaps, Ints, sacks, bad throws - get the young gun in there!!!

~The Answer

On Edwards:
Edwards would have done horrible. Take this kid off the pedestal that you've put him on, it isn't healthy because when Edwards actually does play and he plays like a rookie then you and other people are going to be calling for his head because he didn't meet your standards.

On Losman:
That interception was wack. Losman was sacked only twice yesterday which isn't bad. I know for a fact that Marshawn Lynch missed his block completely one play which resulted in Losman being sacked almost instantaneously. You can't bench Losman after one game. Granted he could have been better but so could have the play calling. We did not challenge Denver's secondary whatsoever.

CSFAN
09-10-2007, 01:00 PM
"Didn't most here think the same about JP??"

Yeah, but Bill Walsh didn't agree with them...

duhbilz
09-10-2007, 01:01 PM
Um no, I've always thought he was going to be a bust.

Hence the word...."most"!

TacklingDummy
09-10-2007, 01:24 PM
There's no denying that JP has been struggling.

raphael120
09-10-2007, 01:28 PM
JP showed when he doesn't have Lee Evans, he has NO idea what to do.

colin
09-10-2007, 01:41 PM
jp is good against horrible teams, and terrible against anyone who is decent.

his past 3 games have been disasters.

the only thing he has shown is an ability to hit lee evans for big gains. so could bledsoe, so could any qb, lee is a great WR.

jp has worn out my goodwill, they guy stinks and is playing above his head if he is average.