PDA

View Full Version : 10 things that The Answer thinks

The Answer
09-10-2007, 12:29 PM
Well boys and girls - the dust has settled from yesterdays opening day debacle. And one has to ask - Did we really wait 9 months for this??

Here are 10 things on The Answer's mind after week 1:

1) JP Losman - Let's start with the obvious, for anybody that honestly believed he was going to 'take the next step' in 2007 what type of drugs were you taking? He is a horrible QB and one of the worst in the league. Oh and JP - hope you have your realtor's number on speed dial because you might want to think about putting the house you just bought on the market because your days in buffalo are numbered.

2) Kevin Everrett - A dissappointing end to a dissappointing career. But more importantly lets just pray he's ok. As hardore football fans we sometime lose sight of the fragility of human life and how that can all change in one singular play in a meaningless football game.

3) Langston Walker - Looks like we definitely kept the wrong 'Walker'. LW was nothing but a turnstile and lived up to his reputation he had with the Raiders. On the other hand - Darwin Walker was wreaking havoc all day long and was one of the stars of the Bears defense yesterday.

4) Lee Evans - Lee, you are great receiver - but you might want to hold off on planning that trip to Honolulu. 2 catches for 5 yards is anything but elite - and for some reason Dre Bly just owns you!!

5) Roscoe Parrish - If The Answer has said it once, he's said it again - get the little fella more involved in the offense. He's a playmaker and Fairchild has to be a complete idiot to not recognize this.

6) 'Revamped' offensive line - and it sure is the best oline that $70+ million can buy! *end sarcasm* - seriously this online is hideous and looks no better than last years ragtag unit. Defenders in the backfield every play, there were a few times they looked solid, but few and far between for sure.

7) Defense - let The Answer guess, it was a 'victory' to hold the Broncos to 15 points despite giving up 450+ yards of offense? Wrong - just wait until we play the Patriots, among other teams - it's going to get ugly - real ugly for this pathetic unit.

8) We are staring down the barrel of 0-3 start, and after watching what the steelers and patriots did ON THE ROAD yesterday to weaker teams (lump the bills into the same category as the jets and browns for sure) its scary to think what's going to happen to this undermanned, depleted defense. Not to mention that the Cowboys looked to be in midseason form lastnight putting up 45 points against the giants, so if we can't beat the jets it's 0-6 for sure considering the schedule ahead.....

9) Lindell - How many more games is this bum going to cost us before the front office and coaching staff realizes a change needs to be made? I don't care what this guys FG % is, he's not a clutch kicker and misses every key FG when games are on the line.

10) 7 points - that's right 7 points by are starting offense - that's just not going to get it done and unfortunately as the season wears on that means a lot of losses - ugly blowout losses - Trent get your throwing arm warmed up!

~The Answer

TacklingDummy
09-10-2007, 12:36 PM
11. You're an idiot :snicker:

/sarcasm off

Seriously, nice read. :up:

LtBillsFan66
09-10-2007, 12:39 PM
billsfanone agrees.

Wally The Barber
09-10-2007, 12:42 PM
Well boys and girls - the dust has settled from yesterdays opening day debacle. And one has to ask - Did we really wait 9 months for this??

1) JP Losman - Let's start with the obvious, for anybody that honestly believed he was going to 'take the next step' in 2007 what type of drugs were you taking? He is a horrible QB and one of the worst in the league. Oh and JP - hope you have your realtor's number on speed dial because you might want to think about putting the house you just bought on the market because your days in buffalo are numbered.

2) Kevin Everrett - A dissappointing end to a dissappointing career. But more importantly lets just pray he's ok. As hardore football fans we sometime lose sight of the fragility of human life and how that can all change in one singular play in a meaningless football game.

3) Langston Walker - Looks like we definitely kept the wrong 'Walker'. LW was nothing but a turnstile and lived up to his reputation he had with the Raiders. On the other hand - Darwin Walker was wreaking havoc all day long and was one of the stars of the Bears defense yesterday.

4) Lee Evans - Lee, you are great receiver - but you might want to hold off on planning that trip to Honolulu. 2 catches for 5 yards is anything but elite - and for some reason Dre Bly just owns you!!

5) Roscoe Parrish - If The Answer has said it once, he's said it again - get the little fella more involved in the offense. He's a playmaker and Fairchild has to be a complete idiot to not recognize this.

6) 'Revamped' offensive line - and it sure is the best oline that $70+ million can buy! *end sarcasm* - seriously this online is hideous and looks no better than last years ragtag unit. Defenders in the backfield every play, there were a few times they looked solid, but few and far between for sure.

7) Defense - let The Answer guess, it was a 'victory' to hold the Broncos to 15 points despite giving up 450+ yards of offense? Wrong - just wait until we play the Patriots, among other teams - it's going to get ugly - real ugly for this pathetic unit.

8) We are staring down the barrel of 0-3 start, and after watching what the steelers and patriots did ON THE ROAD yesterday to weaker teams (lump the bills into the same category as the jets and browns for sure) its scary to think what's going to happen to this undermanned, depleted defense. Not to mention that the Cowboys looked to be in midseason form lastnight putting up 45 points against the giants, so if we can't beat the jets it's 0-6 for sure considering the schedule ahead.....

9) Lindell - How many more games is this bum going to cost us before the front office and coaching staff realizes a change needs to be made? I don't care what this guys FG % is, he's not a clutch kicker and misses every key FG when games are on the line.

10) 7 points - that's right 7 points by are starting offense - that's just not going to get it done and unfortunately as the season wears on that means a lot of losses - ugly blowout losses - Trent get your throwing arm warmed up!

~The Answer

Well.....ah.....well......your painfully correct on most of your points!

You did not make my day! (lol)

Ingtar33
09-10-2007, 01:21 PM
most of that was fine.

the comments on walker were off base. so was the criticism of the line.

The line wasn't horrible yesterday, and walker was fine. in fact jp had all day to throw, most of the time.

mikemac2001
09-10-2007, 01:28 PM

~The Answer

Dude

A dissappointing end to a dissappointing career.

do u really need the dissappointing career comment, dude may never walk again then u take a stab like that

RockStar36
09-10-2007, 01:36 PM
I've read all this stuff before

trapezeus
09-10-2007, 01:43 PM
the answer has been crowing negativty since he came here. after one game, he's bound to be right a couple times.

i hope when the bills turn it around either this season or next, that the answer gets bored since he has nothing to do.

The Answer
09-10-2007, 02:01 PM
Dude

A dissappointing end to a dissappointing career.

do u really need the dissappointing career comment, dude may never walk again then u take a stab like that

The Answer understands that and if you actually read what The Answer said you'd understand it wasn't his intention to attack him.

FACT: His football career is over either way you slice it, but in the grand scheme of things his life is more important.

~The Answer

PECKERWOOD
09-10-2007, 02:03 PM

I'm way too high to talk to the Devil right now.

mikemac2001
09-10-2007, 02:04 PM
The Answer understands that and if you actually read what The Answer said you'd understand it wasn't his intention to attack him.

FACT: His football career is over either way you slice it, but in the grand scheme of things his life is more important.

~The Answer

All you had to say disappointing end to a career

All you had to say there was a reason i put the whole quote....i read what you said but obviously you wanted to take a stab

PECKERWOOD
09-10-2007, 02:08 PM

All you had to say there was a reason i put the whole quote....i read what you said but obviously you wanted to take a stab

It's pretty sad because the guy might never walk again.. It's also pretty sad because I assume that Everrett never broke out was because he was always injured. Some peoples bodies can't handle the stress and pressure of the NFL and sadly Kevin is one of those people. I just pray that he can walk again.

The Answer
09-10-2007, 02:10 PM

Nope you just want to believe that because of your hatred towards The Answer.

The Answer was actually hoping Everrett would break out this year but unfortunately that's obviously not going to be the case as his career is now over - just hope the kid lives a long healthy productive life and makes it through this.

~The Answer

HHURRICANE
09-10-2007, 02:32 PM
most of that was fine.

the comments on walker were off base. so was the criticism of the line.

The line wasn't horrible yesterday, and walker was fine. in fact jp had all day to throw, most of the time.

I'm missing this? I've seen a lot of posts where they say the line did well. How many bull rushs up the middle did we allow?

When Lynch put his head down I thought he might actually get it stuck in Walker's butt. Walker is the slowest POS I've ever seen.

patmoran2006
09-10-2007, 02:36 PM
Well boys and girls - the dust has settled from yesterdays opening day debacle. And one has to ask - Did we really wait 9 months for this??<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
Here are 10 things on The Answer's mind after week 1:<o:p></o:p>
losman will never good a QB in this system; I knew it before and now I REALLY know it. This system, trying to be run like the Rams or Lions (clearly) needs a QB who’s strength is precision, accuracy and the ability to make quick reads and check down. That sounds a lot like Edwards to me. Losman is the anti-system QB here. His strength is gambling, throwing the ball deep, using his legs, rolling out of the pocket and improvising, etc. He would be a better fit on a team like say <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Atlanta</st1:place></st1:City> for example. Sorry JP, this just ain’t your fit. Edwards will be starting before this year is over, unless Jauron wants to continue to be blind. Doubtful though, there is a reason they drafted Edwards on day one.<o:p></o:p>
2) Kevin Everrett - A dissappointing end to a dissappointing career. But more importantly lets just pray he's ok. As hardore football fans we sometime lose sight of the fragility of human life and how that can all change in one singular play in a meaningless football game.<o:p></o:p>
While I don’t think you did it intentionally, that’s an ignorant statement. His career was disappointing to this point, but he was still young. He did catch the only pass thrown to him yesterday and looked great on special teams. He was starting to look like he would have a lot to offer this team. That really sucks.<o:p></o:p>
3) Langston Walker - Looks like we definitely kept the wrong '<st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Walker</st1:place></st1:City>'. LW was nothing but a turnstile and lived up to his reputation he had with the Raiders. On the other hand - Darwin Walker was wreaking havoc all day long and was one of the stars of the Bears defense yesterday.<o:p></o:p>
Wrong. Nobody and I mean nobody hates Langston more than me—however he was not a liability yesterday. His run blocking was average like everyone else, but his pass blocking was good. He didn’t give up a sack and really did a pretty good job pass blocking. If you want to blame the OL blame the interior of it. Fowler, Dockery and <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Butler</st1:place></st1:City> did a poor job in the middle. Peters struggled some but made a few bone crushing blocks. I think <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Walker</st1:place></st1:City> will fall apart eventually, but I cant blame him yesterday. As for Darwin Walker, watching him play for Chicago yesterday reaffirmed to me how discraceful our front office continues to be when it comes to evaluating FREE AGENT talent and their worth to the franchise… ****ing brutal, Levy is even worse than Donahoe when it comes to that.<o:p></o:p>
4) Lee Evans - Lee, you are great receiver - but you might want to hold off on planning that trip to <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Honolulu</st1:City></st1:place>. 2 catches for 5 yards is anything but elite - and for some reason Dre Bly just owns you!!<o:p></o:p>
That’s Losman fault. Evans was open on more than a few occasions, but Losman went back to his ole’ tunnel vision and locked in on only the primary receiver. Put Evans with a better QB and he would have a second home in <st1:State w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Hawaii</st1:place></st1:State>.<o:p></o:p>
5) Roscoe Parrish - If The Answer has said it once, he's said it again - get the little fella more involved in the offense. He's a playmaker and Fairchild has to be a complete idiot to not recognize this.<o:p></o:p>
He’s a dangerous player and a good coach will find a way to get him open in space where every catch could be like a potential punt return. He’s better than Price right now, though that isn’t saying much.<o:p></o:p>
6) 'Revamped' offensive line - and it sure is the best oline that $70+ million can buy! *end sarcasm* - seriously this online is hideous and looks no better than last years ragtag unit. Defenders in the backfield every play, there were a few times they looked solid, but few and far between for sure. <o:p></o:p>
Again, I thought the tackles played well and the interior of the line was brutal. They were overpowered often on the run, and for Sunday anyway,that INCLUDES Dockery.<o:p></o:p>
7) Defense - let The Answer guess, it was a 'victory' to hold the Broncos to 15 points despite giving up 450+ yards of offense? Wrong - just wait until we play the Patriots, among other teams - it's going to get ugly - real ugly for this pathetic unit.<o:p></o:p>
This could be one of the worst defenses in NFL history, and that was before the injuries. They simply don’t have enough talent—I don’t know how it could be anymore clear. And that’s before Wire and Simpson went down. Kyle Williams is a bench warmer on almost any other team, McGee is a #3 corner and Webster wouldn’t even on the roster.<o:p></o:p>
8) We are staring down the barrel of 0-3 start, and after watching what the steelers and patriots did ON THE ROAD yesterday to weaker teams (lump the bills into the same category as the jets and browns for sure) its scary to think what's going to happen to this undermanned, depleted defense. Not to mention that the Cowboys looked to be in midseason form lasbtnight putting up 45 points against the giants, so if we can't beat the jets it's 0-6 for sure considering the schedule ahead.....<o:p></o:p>
Said before the season started we’re going 4-12 with a 6 win ceiling. At that time though, I thought I’d see a lot of good things. But now, I realize until we get a better QB for this system (who’s holding a clipboard for us right now) and at least 3 talented defenders, this is going to be an ugly football team.<o:p></o:p>
9) Lindell - How many more games is this bum going to cost us before the front office and coaching staff realizes a change needs to be made? I don't care what this guys FG % is, he's not a clutch kicker and misses every key FG when games are on the line.<o:p></o:p>
His stats look good, but I don’t trust him. I will say in his defense the game was hardly on the line when he missed his kick yesterday, though obviously it turned out to be big. I’d like to have someone better than Lindell, but right now anyway that’s at the bottom of the priority list.<o:p></o:p>
10) 7 points - that's right 7 points by are starting offense - that's just not going to get it done and unfortunately as the season wears on that means a lot of losses - ugly blowout losses - <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Trent</st1:City></st1:place> get your throwing arm warmed up!<o:p></o:p>
They better find a way to get Lynch involved in the passing game more; and someone needs to step up so Evans cant be doubled every play.<o:p></o:p>
~The Answer<o:p></o:p>

The Answer
09-10-2007, 02:41 PM
<?xml:namespace prefix = o /><o:p></o:p>

PM - thanks for the input and comments. :cheers:

Be careful with FACTS and pro Edwards discussion or this thread will get moved to the spam/smack forums.

~The Answer

patmoran2006
09-10-2007, 02:49 PM
the game was FAR from only being Losman's fault, but to me he's single most responsible not counting our deservedly underpaid and underperforming head coach.

Gotta be in the right system as a QB to succeed, and this isnt the right system for Losman.

If you want to run this kind of offense, then Edwards needs (and in some time will be) the man.

That's not a bash on Losman. Maybe a different situation and he'll flourish. I love the guy's heart and character. He's just not a SMART QB and this is "supposed" to be a smart offense.

Gunzlingr
09-10-2007, 03:04 PM
Trick thread, the Answer never thinks.

YardRat
09-10-2007, 03:12 PM
I think the o-line played adequately yesterday, and Walker did fine.

This defense will get better when the offense starts to put points on the board.

SABURZFAN
09-10-2007, 05:57 PM

~The Answer

1. i agree.
2. i agree.
3. i disagree. i think he played better than you give him credit.
4. i agree.
5. i agree but worry about his size.
6. i disagree. we had a running game going,unlike last year.
7. i agree. we can't continue giving up chunks of yards.
8. you could be right.
9. he could be a little more clutch.
10. i'm trying to keep a clear mind and hope that Losman can turn it around in the next game.

gr8slayer
09-10-2007, 06:07 PM
What game we're you watching? Langston Walker looked better than anything we've had at RT in a while.

Yasgur's Farm
09-10-2007, 06:09 PM
The answer's copying shaw66 from bb.com.

The answer does not have one bit of originality.

Mad Bomber
09-10-2007, 10:48 PM

6) 'Revamped' offensive line - and it sure is the best oline that $70+ million can buy! *end sarcasm* - seriously this online is hideous and looks no better than last years ragtag unit. Defenders in the backfield every play, there were a few times they looked solid, but few and far between for sure. I don't even know where to start, so I'll just start with these tid*****s of misinformation...

I was at the game, and sucked it up and watched the game again this morning before my 6 hour drive back home...

3) Langston Walker was NOT a turnstile. What game were you watching? And what the hell does that have to do with Darwin Walker? BTW, you may have not noticed, but yesterday the Bills actually GAINED yardage running over the right side of the line...something you could have never said last year.

4) All of a sudden Lee Evans is a slug? That statement was so ignorant that it doesn't merit further comment.

5) Roscoe Parrish - I agree totally. The more we can get the ball into his hands - IN SPACE - the better off we are. :up:

6) What game were you watching? "No better than last year"? The defenders were not "in the backfield every play". Look at the drive in the 3Q where Lynch scored. Watch the toss sweeps to the left. Show me the defenders in the backfield, and I'll show you Jason Peters tossing a Denver CB 4 yds backwards.

Some of the things you say are ok, but the smug, arrogant nature of your posts masks any valid points you make, and makes the ignorant, biased points you make just stick out more and look even more ridiculous and uninformed.

Al the Bills Fan
09-10-2007, 11:35 PM
I totally agree that we need to give the ball to Roscoe more. He is a master at improvising in space. I too worry that his body may not handle the abuse of 6 or 7 touches a game. You have to admit that it is possible for him to take it to the house anytime he touches the ball. He is exciting to watch. GIVE THE LITTLE GUY THE BALL!

http://www.billszone.com/coppermine/albums/userpics/10004/BJdpnh2cK2fUnfvx85isHl67qIku-0ep01EC.jpg

Wally The Barber
09-11-2007, 08:51 AM
:cheers:

Jimbuktu
09-11-2007, 02:37 PM

~The Answer

Hey man, do you always stay in character? I find it disrespectful and childish that you talk about Everett in the third person. It makes me sick. I understand you have a gimmick to maintain, but it's just plain wrong. Drop the act.

Do you pull that **** in bed? "Oh yeah, The Answer likes it when you give The Answer the stinky pinky."