PDA

View Full Version : Did Schobel suit up yesterday?

LtBillsFan66
09-10-2007, 12:40 PM
I didn't see him. :idunno:

PECKERWOOD
09-10-2007, 12:46 PM
Yes.

He got pressure consistently but no sacks. He nailed Cutler a couple times at the last second. He was there.. Best DE on the field yesterday both teams combined.

TacklingDummy
09-10-2007, 12:49 PM
I didn't see him. :idunno:

He was on the sidelines at certain times during the game counting his money.

He's the biggest overrated player on the Bills.

mchurchfie
09-10-2007, 12:49 PM
I saw a lot of long runs go on his side, he must have been passrushing at the time.

PECKERWOOD
09-10-2007, 12:51 PM
He was on the sidelines at certain times during the game counting his money.

He's the biggest overrated player on the Bills.

He is underrated. Nobody talks about him. Fans like you don't even respect the guy even though he is in the upper echelon as far as pass rushers in the NFL goes. Only JT has more sacks than him in the last 5 years. Schobel is solid and is hands down our best defensive player on the roster.

mchurchfie
09-10-2007, 12:55 PM
Yeah, but he has to stop the run too.

TacklingDummy
09-10-2007, 12:56 PM
He is underrated. Nobody talks about him. Fans like you don't even respect the guy even though he is in the upper echelon as far as pass rushers in the NFL goes. Only JT has more sacks than him in the last 5 years. Schobel is solid and is hands down our best defensive player on the roster.

He is no Peppers, Taylor, or Freeney. They are game changers. Schobel is the garbage time sack master.

The last buffalo fan
09-10-2007, 12:59 PM
He knocked the ball out of Denver's Qb hands, on a 3rd down play. That was a great play on his side. :bf1:

Ingtar33
09-10-2007, 01:03 PM
the long runs went both ways.

the broncos run on everyone because d-linemen are terrified their season will end with a bronco's cut block. you could see it at the end of the game, with the bills d-linemen trying to protect their careers and only making half hearted attempts to stop the back.

There was one play in particular i recall nalen was at the feet of McCargo, and he was basically looking at the ref begging for a cut block.

When you get out of a game with the broncos, with no d-linemen with injured legs then you're doing good. and probably allowed a 100+ yard rusher too.

As to schobel, he was responsible for a few of cutler's incompletions, and was on cutler all afternoon.

PECKERWOOD
09-10-2007, 01:04 PM
He is no Peppers, Taylor, or Freeney. They are game changers. Schobel is the garbage time sack master.

Freeney isn't in the same category as Peppers or Taylor. I'd say that Freeney and Schobel are in the same league, Freeney has the edge but Schobel is still pretty close in skill and ability. I think most people don't respect Schobel because he is a white DE.

raphael120
09-10-2007, 01:57 PM
Chalk that up to weak blitzs and lack of talent in the backfield that doesn't allow more help to get pressure on the QB. It's hard to just keep sending 4 guys, especially with our DT's to really create any problems. IF pressure is coming from one side, guess what, Cutler will move to the other side where McCargo or Kelsay are pancaked laying on the ground.

patmoran2006
09-10-2007, 02:00 PM
he took himself out of the game on that critical 3rd and 23 play.

I'm not happy about that. I thought he played decent but I noticed he was on the sidelines a lot more than any of the other DL, especially in the second half.

justasportsfan
09-10-2007, 02:06 PM
the long runs went both ways.

the broncos run on everyone because d-linemen are terrified their season will end with a bronco's cut block. you could see it at the end of the game, with the bills d-linemen trying to protect their careers and only making half hearted attempts to stop the back.

There was one play in particular i recall nalen was at the feet of McCargo, and he was basically looking at the ref begging for a cut block.

When you get out of a game with the broncos, with no d-linemen with injured legs then you're doing good. and probably allowed a 100+ yard rusher too.

As to schobel, he was responsible for a few of cutler's incompletions, and was on cutler all afternoon.
this is what people have been complaining about them for years. My questionis, why hasn't the NFl done anything about it? If the NFL thinks it's all good then every team should do the same no?