PDA

View Full Version : How Can Some Focus On Losman Over This Defense ?

Night Train
09-10-2007, 12:49 PM
If Losman does stumble, his replacement is here. We don't have any replacements for the weak positions on D.

They were very lucky to not give up another 10 points but the yardage and poor efforts on 3rd-4th down speak for themselves.

If you can't stop the run or the slant pattern, you're done in this league as a team. No offense can save that.

Losman was sure handed a crappy gameplan yesterday. Jauron/Fairchild take the hit there. This loss was a team effort with the D showing the most holes.

The Answer
09-10-2007, 12:52 PM
If Losman does stumble, his replacement is here. We don't have any replacements for the weak positions on D.

They were very lucky to not give up another 10 points but the yardage and poor efforts on 3rd-4th down speak for themselves.

If you can't stop the run or the slant pattern, you're done in this league as a team. No offense can save that.

Losman was sure handed a crappy gameplan yesterday. Jauron/Fairchild take the hit there. This loss was a team effort with the D showing the most holes.

He was handed a 'crappy gameplan' because the coaches have no faith in him. He still looks like a virgin schoolgirl on promnight when he snaps the football and when he plays bad - he plays really bad.

At some point even the most die hard homers are going to wake up and realize this.

~The Answer

OpIv37
09-10-2007, 12:55 PM
Losman had a bad game, but this "coaches have no faith" argument is getting old. Holding him back isn't working so the coaches should just let him loose with his running, gunslinging mentality. What's the worst that can happen? We lose? We ****ing lost anyway.

Also, I'm sick of hearing about how few points we gave up because it doesn't matter in a loss. We were 10th in points allowed last year and still lost 9 games. Points allowed is not a complete measure of a defensive performance.

mchurchfie
09-10-2007, 12:58 PM
This was a game that any average NFL QB could have stepped up and won.

CSFAN
The two go hand-in-hand, in a way. I think we can all agree on one thing: this is NOT a championship defense. I like some of the players a lot, and think Poz is a great pickup, but these are just building blocks. We can't fake it; this is just going to take time, and better players at a few key positions.

That said, since we're not winning any championships this year, I think JP's time is running out. We're playing some very good teams & defenses in the next 4 weeks, and we'll know by the bye if JP can handle a good team, or if we can only count on him against lower-tier teams in the future. If we're having this same conversation by the bye & the jury is still out, Edwards gets the start.

justasportsfan

IMO, the O was crappier than the D. The D held their own in several occassions. with 470 yards you would think the game was a blowout.

duhbilz
09-10-2007, 12:59 PM

Who is Losmans replacement? Edwards??? He hasn't proven he's a replacement yet!! I feel good about his chances, but he's done nothing to date.

mchurchfie
09-10-2007, 01:01 PM
Losman hasn't done anything in four years. Its time to at least let someone else try.

Night Train
09-10-2007, 01:01 PM
I didn't read a word of your post. I will now return to my trolling spamfest of repeating the same dreck ad nauseam.
~The Answer

This is how I read your response.

OpIv37
09-10-2007, 01:02 PM
IMO, the O was crappier than the D. The D held their own in several occassions. with 470 yards you would think the game was a blowout.

the O had a 5 minute drive in the 1st quarter and that touchdown drive where Lynch finally showed his stuff.

I think both units had a few good moments and a lot of very poor performances.

Either way both units are at fault- the offense needs to stay on the field and the defense needs to get off the field.

Night Train
09-10-2007, 01:03 PM
The point is, Edwards is here to replace Losman.

Name the replacements on D.

Waiting..

mchurchfie
09-10-2007, 01:04 PM
Giving up 470 yards is unacceptable and will lose you most football games, I don't care how many points they held them too.

OpIv37
09-10-2007, 01:04 PM

Waiting..

Youboty.... thats it.

mchurchfie
09-10-2007, 01:06 PM

Waiting..
We could have and should have had Darwin Walker. We could have made a run at Simeon Rice and some others.

justasportsfan
09-10-2007, 01:06 PM
the O had a 5 minute drive in the 1st quarter and that touchdown drive where Lynch finally showed his stuff.

I think both units had a few good moments and a lot of very poor performances.

Either way both units are at fault- the offense needs to stay on the field and the defense needs to get off the field.

there was high expectations for the O and instread they matched up with the D's crappiness. IMO, the O was worse especially after all the $$ we have on the OL. I still think our O will get better. but for now I'm calling a spade a spade.

The O didn't do the D any favors while the D didn't give up points which allowed the O to at least run with Lynch. Otherwise, we would've been in panic mode early on (which probably would've been a good thing).

mchurchfie
09-10-2007, 01:09 PM
I agree, the Offense did blow.