How Can Some Focus On Losman Over This Defense ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

How Can Some Focus On Losman Over This Defense ?

If Losman does stumble, his replacement is here. We don't have any replacements for the weak positions on D.

They were very lucky to not give up another 10 points but the yardage and poor efforts on 3rd-4th down speak for themselves.

If you can't stop the run or the slant pattern, you're done in this league as a team. No offense can save that.

Losman was sure handed a crappy gameplan yesterday. Jauron/Fairchild take the hit there. This loss was a team effort with the D showing the most holes.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit
  • The Answer
    The Plagiarist
    • Mar 2007

Re: How Can Some Focus On Losman Over This Defense ?

Originally posted by Night Train
    If Losman does stumble, his replacement is here. We don't have any replacements for the weak positions on D.

They were very lucky to not give up another 10 points but the yardage and poor efforts on 3rd-4th down speak for themselves.

If you can't stop the run or the slant pattern, you're done in this league as a team. No offense can save that.

Losman was sure handed a crappy gameplan yesterday. Jauron/Fairchild take the hit there. This loss was a team effort with the D showing the most holes.
    He was handed a 'crappy gameplan' because the coaches have no faith in him. He still looks like a virgin schoolgirl on promnight when he snaps the football and when he plays bad - he plays really bad.

At some point even the most die hard homers are going to wake up and realize this.

~The Answer

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

Losman had a bad game, but this "coaches have no faith" argument is getting old. Holding him back isn't working so the coaches should just let him loose with his running, gunslinging mentality. What's the worst that can happen? We lose? We ****ing lost anyway.

Also, I'm sick of hearing about how few points we gave up because it doesn't matter in a loss. We were 10th in points allowed last year and still lost 9 games. Points allowed is not a complete measure of a defensive performance.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• mchurchfie
        • Jul 2002

This was a game that any average NFL QB could have stepped up and won.
        My Band
        daveviterna.com

Comment

• CSFAN
          • Mar 2007

The two go hand-in-hand, in a way. I think we can all agree on one thing: this is NOT a championship defense. I like some of the players a lot, and think Poz is a great pickup, but these are just building blocks. We can't fake it; this is just going to take time, and better players at a few key positions.

That said, since we're not winning any championships this year, I think JP's time is running out. We're playing some very good teams & defenses in the next 4 weeks, and we'll know by the bye if JP can handle a good team, or if we can only count on him against lower-tier teams in the future. If we're having this same conversation by the bye & the jury is still out, Edwards gets the start.

Comment

• justasportsfan
            • Jul 2002

IMO, the O was crappier than the D. The D held their own in several occassions. with 470 yards you would think the game was a blowout.
            sacrifice1
            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• duhbilz
              S.Jersey #1 fan of Daunte Culpeper where he may play
              • Jul 2007

Who is Losmans replacement? Edwards??? He hasn't proven he's a replacement yet!! I feel good about his chances, but he's done nothing to date.

Comment

• mchurchfie
                • Jul 2002

Losman hasn't done anything in four years. Its time to at least let someone else try.
                My Band
                daveviterna.com

Comment

• Night Train
                  • Jul 2005

Originally posted by The Answer
                  I didn't read a word of your post. I will now return to my trolling spamfest of repeating the same dreck ad nauseam.
                  ~The Answer
                  This is how I read your response.
                  Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                    IMO, the O was crappier than the D. The D held their own in several occassions. with 470 yards you would think the game was a blowout.
                    the O had a 5 minute drive in the 1st quarter and that touchdown drive where Lynch finally showed his stuff.

I think both units had a few good moments and a lot of very poor performances.

Either way both units are at fault- the offense needs to stay on the field and the defense needs to get off the field.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Night Train
                      • Jul 2005

The point is, Edwards is here to replace Losman.

Name the replacements on D.

Waiting..

Comment

• mchurchfie
                        • Jul 2002

Giving up 470 yards is unacceptable and will lose you most football games, I don't care how many points they held them too.
                        My Band
                        daveviterna.com

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

Waiting..
                          Youboty.... thats it.
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• mchurchfie
                            • Jul 2002

Waiting..
                            We could have and should have had Darwin Walker. We could have made a run at Simeon Rice and some others.
                            My Band
                            daveviterna.com

Comment

• justasportsfan
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                              the O had a 5 minute drive in the 1st quarter and that touchdown drive where Lynch finally showed his stuff.

I think both units had a few good moments and a lot of very poor performances.

Either way both units are at fault- the offense needs to stay on the field and the defense needs to get off the field.
                              there was high expectations for the O and instread they matched up with the D's crappiness. IMO, the O was worse especially after all the $$ we have on the OL. I still think our O will get better. but for now I'm calling a spade a spade.

The O didn't do the D any favors while the D didn't give up points which allowed the O to at least run with Lynch. Otherwise, we would've been in panic mode early on (which probably would've been a good thing).
                              sacrifice1
                              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

Working...
                              X